Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Default Tie-up an old dangling subplot or mystery that's been forgotten...

Who pulled Jor-El out of the past and tortured him into Mr. Oz?

What was Pandora's deal?

Who was Ignition's mysterious master?

This is the thread where we get to bring up old forgotten subplots and mysteries that never got resolved (and probably never will)

I'll start with the Pre-Crisis Supergirl and Flash who made it out of the ending of Convergence and have never been seen from again. Well, remember that picture of Earth-1985 from Doomsday Clock? What if they went there, which is why they're still alive?

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

I've brought this up before but it still bugs me how we never got an explanation as to why the entire Green Lantern Corps were transported back in time to Relic's universe during the DC You period.

We got various plot points dropped by Cullen Bunn during his Lost Army run that seemed to somehow relate to either Relic himself or Krona, both of whom featured in the story. Then the series was frustratingly cancelled after just six issues for whatever reason. The subsequent Edge Of Oblivion series by Tom Taylor completely ignored Bunn's story building and we never, ever, got any explanation as to why almost the entire Corps were stuck there for an entire year.

The obvious culprit would be Sinestro somehow managing to be responsible, his Corps certainly benefited from the GLC's absence. That seems too easy and I always thought that it would have been pretty cool if the actual culprit was Krona's Gauntlet, being wielded by a 'renegade' Hal Jordan at the time. Perhaps Jordan was responsible for the disappearance without even realising it. I dunno, I'm just doing some very quick brain-storming there.

One thing I'm very certain of, that this gaping plot hole will NEVER get explained. All for a series that lasted an entire year and was ultimately pointless overall.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

Perpetratua was the one behind Jor-El getting tortured and becoming OZ.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Perpetratua was the one behind Jor-El getting tortured and becoming OZ.
    Perputua is not a bad idea. It fits with her whole shtick of having people lose hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Who pulled Jor-El out of the past and tortured him into Mr. Oz?

What was Pandora's deal?

Who was Ignition's mysterious master?

This is the thread where we get to bring up old forgotten subplots and mysteries that never got resolved (and probably never will)

I'll start with the Pre-Crisis Supergirl and Flash who made it out of the ending of Convergence and have never been seen from again. Well, remember that picture of Earth-1985 from Doomsday Clock? What if they went there, which is why they're still alive?
    LOVED this character, the look, the mystery, everything. I'd actually pick up the book again if he was reintroduced and thoroughly explored.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

Extraordinary Member

I know the android Hourman sacrificed himself to save Rex and Rick. I seem to recall someone (Rip Hunter?) saying that the android Hourman would be gone for a year, meaning he may return. Whatever happened with this.

Why did Lois and Clark agree for Lois and Jon to go with Jor-El despite recent events involving Jor-El? And why did Lois, whom had previously been shown to be protective of both of her Krytponians, suddenly ditch her grade school son with Jor-El barely into the trip?

In story: Lois and Clark became idiots, and probably had Joker lined up as a sitter for Jon. Out of story: well, we already know.

Why did Bruce think that popping out of nowhere at the diner where Jason was at, giving him more bad news, then awkwardly hugging him make him think Jason would accept Bruce's terms at that point? Especially after the brutal beating Bruce gave him?

In story: Bruce really is turning into a psychopath, not far off from some of his Rogues Gallery. Out of story: It at least kept Jason out from the end of King's Batman run.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Once upon a time, Wally West picked up a Flash costume ring and popped out...a Batman outfit!

What the heck was up with THAT?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

What was the weapon against the Justice League that Green Arrow was given by Martian Manhunter? Literally a big plot that ended the recent run of Green Arrow and Snyder’s Justice League is over, no idea what was in the box.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

What happened at the end of JLI that made Booster Gold vanish? I have no idea if this was covered.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    What was the weapon against the Justice League that Green Arrow was given by Martian Manhunter? Literally a big plot that ended the recent run of Green Arrow and Snyder’s Justice League is over, no idea what was in the box.
    I think they did say what was in the box, and if I'm remembering correctly, it was nothing; ye ol' "you are [insert x mcguffin] all along" schtick. ok not exactly that, it was actually a cool twist on it, but it was more or less that trope.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 12-27-2019 at 11:06 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Once upon a time, Wally West picked up a Flash costume ring and popped out...a Batman outfit!

What the heck was up with THAT?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Nightwing did it as a prank.

Barry had it for when Bruce needed him as a stand in.