Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    So what are people most excited about seeing? I'd love to make a poll if Wandering_Wand or a mod doesn't mind making the edit.

Or, people can just rank them in order of preference.

1. Superman's Arc

2. Alternate Aquaman & Atlantis scenes

3. Darkseid & the New Gods

4. Cyborg's backstory

5. Martian Manhunter & other cameos

6. Greek "Old God" Mythology

I haven't watched JL, so can't add more to that
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triple J View Post
    1. Superman's Arc

2. Alternate Aquaman & Atlantis scenes

3. Darkseid & the New Gods

4. Cyborg's backstory

5. Martian Manhunter & other cameos

6. Greek "Old God" Mythology

I haven't watched JL, so can't add more to that
    Ah man really? That must be interesting, to see the Snyder cut without seeing JL at all (if that's what you plan on doing..)

Ah man really? That must be interesting, to see the Snyder cut without seeing JL at all (if that's what you plan on doing..)
    Exactly what I plan on doing I haven't read any spoilers either (kinda avoided forums etc after JL came out). So it will be an interesting experience for sure. I can watch Whedon's version once I am done lol.

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

I've been celebrating since Wednesday, and trying to avoid the boards as much as possible (everyonexwants to crap on this for some reason, even though nobody is requiring them to watch it). The Snyder Cut is real, it exists, and as a proud (non-toxic) member of the #releasethesnydercut movement, it's wonderful to say that we won. So, what am I looking forward to?

1. Superman with his real face. I recall back in 2016-2017, they said Cavill didn't have a super big part. Then the reshoots happened and he's well featured in the last 30 minutes, which is substantial for a 2-hour film. I'd rather have 15 minutes of Superman out of a 4 hour runtime (just to use an example) if it means his face isn't distorted.

2. Junkie's score! Bringing back the OG soundtrack....Superman's theme! Wonder Woman with the guitar riff (no weak horns here, Elfman!). What did Junkie compose for Flash/Aquaman/Cyborg? Can't wait!! I hope they release his score for purchase.

3. Henry Lennox tweeted about this the other day, waxing poetic about justice...and while I highly, highly doubt they will bother to bring principal cast back for any scenes, I DO think they can put Lennox in front of a green screen for a quick "Swanwick reveals his Martian self" scene. It's been hyped too much to leave it out.

4. Darkseid, of course.

5. Mayyyyyyybe the original design for Steppenwolf? This one is entirely dependent on how far the cash goes with the vfx, and may not be possible. But a week ago, nothing was coming and now we live in a post-Snyder Cut announcement world. So we'll see.

6. This one is obvious, but we're totally getting the Ayer Cut of Suicide Squad. I mean, c'mon. Easier (cheaper) to finish post on, and people want to see it. I need all of that missing Leto Joker footage hooked to my veins, stat.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

So what are people most excited about seeing? I'd love to make a poll if Wandering_Wand or a mod doesn't mind making the edit.

Or, people can just rank them in order of preference.

1. Superman's Arc (including the black suit, Darkseid mind control, etc.)

2. Darkseid & the New Gods

3. Cyborg's backstory

4. Greek "Old God" Mythology

5. Alternate Aquaman & Atlantis scenes

6. Martian Manhunter & other cameos

7. Other (A better Batfleck, a better looking 3rd act, Luthor, anything!)
    I just tried to edit the first post to include a poll and it doesn't appear I can. However, I do see it as an option when I try to start a new thread. Sorry, but awesome idea! As for me, I can't really think of anything I'm not excited for. EVERYTHING is going to be fleshed out even more and we'll also see plenty more that was cut by WB and Whedon.

1. But, I honestly think I'm looking forward to Cyborg's backstory (he's been often noted as the heart of the movie and JL by Snyder) the most.

2. Tom Holkenberg's (Junkie XL) OST. Can't wait to get Elfman's gunk out of that movie.

3. Probably followed by no longer seeing CGI'd Cavill throughout 75% of his scenes.

Honorable mention: Willem Defoe's Vulko in this version, that should be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    I've been celebrating since Wednesday, and trying to avoid the boards as much as possible (everyonexwants to crap on this for some reason, even though nobody is requiring them to watch it). The Snyder Cut is real, it exists, and as a proud (non-toxic) member of the #releasethesnydercut movement, it's wonderful to say that we won. So, what am I looking forward to?

1. Superman with his real face. I recall back in 2016-2017, they said Cavill didn't have a super big part. Then the reshoots happened and he's well featured in the last 30 minutes, which is substantial for a 2-hour film. I'd rather have 15 minutes of Superman out of a 4 hour runtime (just to use an example) if it means his face isn't distorted.

2. Junkie's score! Bringing back the OG soundtrack....Superman's theme! Wonder Woman with the guitar riff (no weak horns here, Elfman!). What did Junkie compose for Flash/Aquaman/Cyborg? Can't wait!! I hope they release his score for purchase.

3. Henry Lennox tweeted about this the other day, waxing poetic about justice...and while I highly, highly doubt they will bother to bring principal cast back for any scenes, I DO think they can put Lennox in front of a green screen for a quick "Swanwick reveals his Martian self" scene. It's been hyped too much to leave it out.

4. Darkseid, of course.

5. Mayyyyyyybe the original design for Steppenwolf? This one is entirely dependent on how far the cash goes with the vfx, and may not be possible. But a week ago, nothing was coming and now we live in a post-Snyder Cut announcement world. So we'll see.

6. This one is obvious, but we're totally getting the Ayer Cut of Suicide Squad. I mean, c'mon. Easier (cheaper) to finish post on, and people want to see it. I need all of that missing Leto Joker footage hooked to my veins, stat.
    100% all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    I just tried to edit the first post to include a poll and it doesn't appear I can. However, I do see it as an option when I try to start a new thread. Sorry, but awesome idea! As for me, I can't really think of anything I'm not excited for. EVERYTHING is going to be fleshed out even more and we'll also see plenty more that was cut by WB and Whedon.

1. But, I honestly think I'm looking forward to Cyborg's backstory (he's been often noted as the heart of the movie and JL by Snyder) the most.

2. Tom Holkenberg's (Junkie XL) OST. Can't wait to get Elfman's gunk out of that movie.

3. Probably followed by no longer seeing CGI'd Cavill throughout 75% of his scenes.

Honorable mention: Willem Defoe's Vulko in this version, that should be cool.

100% all the way.

Ooooh, man! How could I forget to mention Cyborg? Ray Fisher comes off as so darn likeable, listening to him talk these last 3 years has truly made me a fan. Yes, add Cyborg's story to my list!
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Someone on twitter asked him if we were gonna get the original Steppenwolf design. Snyder responded with a wink emoji. It’s cryptic but I hope it means that he’s gonna change the design to something similar to what we saw in BvS. Rumor has it that WB made him change it to the goofy looking Steppenwolf to make the movie more kid friendly.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Ah how could I forget about the score. That's high up there on my list. It's really not the same without the proper themes. Particularly the MOS theme...I would hope that it signals a much more dramatic return for Superman. A real "here comes the cavalry" moment, not a comedic one-liner bordering on parody.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Someone on twitter asked him if we were gonna get the original Steppenwolf design. Snyder responded with a wink emoji. It’s cryptic but I hope it means that he’s gonna change the design to something similar to what we saw in BvS. Rumor has it that WB made him change it to the goofy looking Steppenwolf to make the movie more kid friendly.
    I'm not sure how I feel about Steppenwolf. Obviously what we got in the theatrical cut was poorly done, but giving him a quasi-human affect seems closer to the comics and more appealing for an actor to emote.We can't know for sure what it was supposed to look like, but I'm not sure if I'm totally down for the monster look either.

Either way I hope it's at least cleaned up and improved.

Didn't know where to write this and didn't want to start a new thread (I'm an older forum user who understands not every thought needs it's own thread) I just wanted to say I'm new here, just signed up.

Most other forums are dead so it is quite awesome to find an active forum with cool people discussing the hero's I love (dc for life!) I am a new reader, post new 52 and I'm always looking for people to explain things to make my experience better. So thank you as I have already learned so much just reading 20 pages of your discussions.

As far as the Snyder cut goes. I guess I'm one of the rare people who has liked Snyder's films so far, aside from no squid in watchmen I've been relatively ok with his films. It's always just been my understanding that story was going to be sacrificed for visuals. Snyder is a bad story teller. I'm hoping Matt Reeves bridge's the gap between Nolan and Snyder but we will see.

After the Snyder cut I hope that's it, I think it's time to move on and let reeves make his trilogy. If there is one thing marvel has done it's just get out of the way and let marvel studios do it's thing. Watching all the marvel was hard as a d.c. Fan. On one hand I'm happy for those people but on the other hand I was super jelous.

Anyways, I'm bad witch (super nin fan) thanks for being here!!

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    Didn't know where to write this and didn't want to start a new thread (I'm an older forum user who understands not every thought needs it's own thread) I just wanted to say I'm new here, just signed up.

Most other forums are dead so it is quite awesome to find an active forum with cool people discussing the hero's I love (dc for life!) I am a new reader, post new 52 and I'm always looking for people to explain things to make my experience better. So thank you as I have already learned so much just reading 20 pages of your discussions.

As far as the Snyder cut goes. I guess I'm one of the rare people who has liked Snyder's films so far, aside from no squid in watchmen I've been relatively ok with his films. It's always just been my understanding that story was going to be sacrificed for visuals. Snyder is a bad story teller. I'm hoping Matt Reeves bridge's the gap between Nolan and Snyder but we will see.

After the Snyder cut I hope that's it, I think it's time to move on and let reeves make his trilogy. If there is one thing marvel has done it's just get out of the way and let marvel studios do it's thing. Watching all the marvel was hard as a d.c. Fan. On one hand I'm happy for those people but on the other hand I was super jelous.

Anyways, I'm bad witch (super nin fan) thanks for being here!!
    Welcome aboard! Glad you found us!

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Either way I hope it's at least cleaned up and improved.
    I think they could split the difference and save VFX money by having the more monstrous look be a "battle form" that Steppenwulf uses sometimes

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I think they could split the difference and save VFX money by having the more monstrous look be a "battle form" that Steppenwulf uses sometimes
    Yeah! Zack snyder isn't gonna do that. The monstrous look will be used. It doesn't suit Snyder's style to use human one.I also think martian manhunter would have been more monstrous as well.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Yeah! Zack snyder isn't gonna do that. The monstrous look will be used. It doesn't suit Snyder's style to use human one.I also think martian manhunter would have been more monstrous as well.
    J'onn's true Martian Form being more monstrous has basically been the go-to take for a while now. It's just separate from his Martian Manhunter form.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post

It really made no sense to include that. Moore was clearly deconstructing a COMIC BOOK cliche "a telepathic bioengineered clone presented as alien interdimensional invader". Cmon. There was nothing like that in the movies back in the day. It was a right choice to bend that.

On a podcast, WarnerMedia CEO Bob Greenblatt quipped “I wish it was just $30 million” about the budget to complete the Snyder Cut for @hbomax

Reshoots/additional photography are looking more likely.
    https://twitter.com/ZackSnyderBible/...13295835320321 and https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000475781603 (31:40)