Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I meant gore or violence(auto correct. Sorry) . Wonderwoman chops of the head of a steppenwolf and darkseid crushes his head beneath his feet. Superman would just be the introverted, shy, unsure guy in the movie. He might grow more confident due to his new perspective on life after death. But, he would still be the guy that battled zod in an uphill battle.
    Oh, yeah. From what I've heard, Snyder's cut will be far more violent since he won't have to worry about hitting that nebulous PG-13 mark. The Superman stuff will also be much darker and scarier than Whedon's version. It sounds like the crux of Superman's role was meant to be him regaining his humanity following his resurrection. Apparently, Jor-El infusing his DNA with the Kryptonian Codex was supposed to play a big role. It'll be interesting to see how all this plays out.

Again, I prefer a sunnier, lighter Superman, but I think Snyder's more serious and somber version deserves to get a payoff, rather than the tonal whiplash we got in the theatrical cut in which he immediately goes from being a soulless engine of destruction to Donner's Superman with a creepy upper lip in two scenes.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

It’s Official! Zack Snyder’s Justice League is Coming to HBO Max in 2021!: http://dceumythic.com/2020/05/20/its...o-max-in-2021/

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 05-20-2020 at 11:17 AM.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Wow. Unfortunately much of my enthusiasm has gone but still cool nonetheless!
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It’s Official! Zack Snyder’s Justice League is Coming to HBO Max in 2021!: http://dceumythic.com/2020/05/20/its...o-max-in-2021/

I'm pumped, but is it actually official???

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I'm pumped, but is it actually official???
    Of course, it's official: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-thing-1295102

HR says some of the actors may even come back to record new lines. Please don't give me false hope!

https://twitter.com/AaronCouch/statu...70526131838976

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Well, ****. The bastard did it.

BANNED

I’m so happy!!!! The fans really won. I don’t even know if I’ll watch this to be honest but I’m really happy that Snyder can see his work released. This has been a long journey

Unfortunately, this still doesn't save us from Ezra Miller's Flash.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I am damn happy. The symbol of house of el really does mean hope. "it's a neverending battle, you can't quit".Guess, the weak unsure guy really did prove to be a superman.

I can't wait for this. I hope this in there.

Astonishing Member

Oh, good for you guys! Hope you love it.

Speaking for myself, I don't think I'll "like" it - but it will scratch an itch I've had for what feels like a long time, so I'm looking forward to it.

I have no interest in seeing it at all. I saw BvS and MoS and I don't really need more of Snyder's vision in my life, but congrats to all the people that pestered everyone for years for it I guess, lol.

The movie won't be released for a while, so I'm not at my most excited, but I feel pretty lucky to be able to see Snyder's vision completed. I don't know about everyone else but BvS and the controversy surrounding it was a big part of my life as a DC fan. I can empathize with people who didn't like his take, but he included so many interesting and deep-cut elements from the comics in a way I never thought I'd see, and I can't wait to see the vision completed. I want to see the story end, not amputated and Frankensteined.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I have no interest in seeing it at all. I saw BvS and MoS and I don't really need more of Snyder's vision in my life, but congrats to all the people that pestered everyone for years for it I guess, lol.
    Then why post this in an appreciation thread?

well how about that. Good for Snyder and his fans. While BvS soured me on his vision for these characters, I do appreciate the passion and support we've seen from the cast, crew and fans. Unlike certain toxic Star Wars fanbase that has basically become a wretched hive of scum and villainy.