Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I can't believe Snyder's convinced HBO Max to pony up even more money for reshoots. The final budget for this thing has to be enormous

I think the GL tease at the end is highly likely now.
    Wow, I thought it was only going to be some voice-acting, but it does look like there will be actual reshoots!

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/255...k-for-reshoots

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-fisher-claims

Somehow, Snyder is ending up being able to show MORE of his vision for the film than he would have if he had finished and released the original movie in theaters. Who would have thunk it.

Mighty Member

Sweet. Hope things go well on Zack's end on that front.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Cavill has debunked the rumors that he's doing reshoots, so the reports may be less than accurate.

I think that the Martian Manhunter is a gimme though.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I guess Snyder will film also the "scary idea" he had to scrap from the script in 2016:

"When [Batman v Superman] came out, Chris Terrio and I had finished the script for Justice League before this movie came out, right. So the [Justice League] script was done. The movie came out, and some people didn’t like the movie. [..] And so I was asked by the studio. [They said]: “Hey, you can’t…there’s a lot of stuff we don’t want you to do from THAT script.” So we did a re-write of the script. So the original Justice League [script] that Chris and I wrote, we didn’t even shoot. And there was a lot of it that we shot, but the actual idea; the heart idea; the scary idea; we never filmed. Because the studio was like “That’s crazy.” And we were so insecure at the time, after [Batman v Superman] came out that we were just like “I guess it is crazy..like we’re fucking nuts. There’s going to be mass hysteria in the streets if we film this…apparently.”

[...] And not to say that, the studio still, they were still sort of into the big look. But the details of the ‘how’ and ‘why’ everyone was mad at each other? That was the stuff that they were a little bit like…because..Lois, it’s in that [Justice League] teaser that wasn’t in the movie apparently. Where – I guess – where Wonder Woman says, it’s this line where Bruce says “I was right here, and Barry Allen came to me and he said Lois Lane is the Key”, right. And then she goes “She is for Superman. Every heart has one” and then he goes “I think it’s something more, something darker.” And so, what it means is that the thing that was darker was that… it was all about, if Lois died, Superman would succumb to the anti-life of course, right. And if Superman knew that somehow it was Bruce’s responsibility to protect Lois, he would have been mad at him in [Batman v Superman], so that’s why he’s, that’s why he says “She was my world and you took her from me”. That was sort of the, and then of course, he has to jump back.

[...] Barry Allen was in my freaking batcave yelling at me about nonsense so we need to put him through that other one because that’s the one that will…because he had to jump right before Darkseid boomtubes into the batcave to murder Lois. So that was the reason that he had to go there. It’s in the future."

Full transcript: https://www.reelanarchy.com/zacks-knightmare-timeline/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I guess Snyder will film also the "scary idea" he had to scrap from the script in 2016:

"When [Batman v Superman] came out, Chris Terrio and I had finished the script for Justice League before this movie came out, right. So the [Justice League] script was done. The movie came out, and some people didn’t like the movie. [..] And so I was asked by the studio. [They said]: “Hey, you can’t…there’s a lot of stuff we don’t want you to do from THAT script.” So we did a re-write of the script. So the original Justice League [script] that Chris and I wrote, we didn’t even shoot. And there was a lot of it that we shot, but the actual idea; the heart idea; the scary idea; we never filmed. Because the studio was like “That’s crazy.” And we were so insecure at the time, after [Batman v Superman] came out that we were just like “I guess it is crazy..like we’re fucking nuts. There’s going to be mass hysteria in the streets if we film this…apparently.”

[...] And not to say that, the studio still, they were still sort of into the big look. But the details of the ‘how’ and ‘why’ everyone was mad at each other? That was the stuff that they were a little bit like…because..Lois, it’s in that [Justice League] teaser that wasn’t in the movie apparently. Where – I guess – where Wonder Woman says, it’s this line where Bruce says “I was right here, and Barry Allen came to me and he said Lois Lane is the Key”, right. And then she goes “She is for Superman. Every heart has one” and then he goes “I think it’s something more, something darker.” And so, what it means is that the thing that was darker was that… it was all about, if Lois died, Superman would succumb to the anti-life of course, right. And if Superman knew that somehow it was Bruce’s responsibility to protect Lois, he would have been mad at him in [Batman v Superman], so that’s why he’s, that’s why he says “She was my world and you took her from me”. That was sort of the, and then of course, he has to jump back.

[...] Barry Allen was in my freaking batcave yelling at me about nonsense so we need to put him through that other one because that’s the one that will…because he had to jump right before Darkseid boomtubes into the batcave to murder Lois. So that was the reason that he had to go there. It’s in the future."

Full transcript: https://www.reelanarchy.com/zacks-knightmare-timeline/
    The man certainly has a way with words.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Yeah, Lois dying and having Superman succumb to the anti-life equation wouldn't have been fun. But maybe we will get a glimpse of that possible timeline, which could then fit into the Knightmare sequence in BvS.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Yeah, Lois dying and having Superman succumb to the anti-life equation wouldn't have been fun. But maybe we will get a glimpse of that possible timeline, which could then fit into the Knightmare sequence in BvS.
    I think we'll get more Knightmare stuff, but I don’t think they're going to kill Lois in this. Snyder, Cavill and others have been pretty frank that they're going to use the fan reactions to the previous movies to readjust the film and course correct.

So, while they'll definitely be an evil Superman in the thrall of Darkseid thanks to the Anti-Life Equation using his grief over Lois's murder, I think Snyder's going to try to give his trilogy a more hopeful ending than he originally planned when it was meant to be part 3 of a 5 film story.

Unless Snyder's Justice League is wildly successful, HBO Max isn't going to shell out the hundreds of millions needed to produce Justice League 2 and 3.

My guess is Snyder's going to tease future stuff, but there's not going to be a cliffhanger ending on the magnitude of Lois getting killed. It's likely going to just be the Green Lantern tag with Ryan Reynolds (if they can get him)

I can't believe WB and AT&T will let Snyder do all that dark and evil Superman stuff he wanted to do.. Because apparently he said recently that his vision will not be compromised again... :/

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I think we'll get more Knightmare stuff, but I don’t think they're going to kill Lois in this. Snyder, Cavill and others have been pretty frank that they're going to use the fan reactions to the previous movies to readjust the film and course correct.

So, while they'll definitely be an evil Superman in the thrall of Darkseid thanks to the Anti-Life Equation using his grief over Lois's murder, I think Snyder's going to try to give his trilogy a more hopeful ending than he originally planned when it was meant to be part 3 of a 5 film story.

Unless Snyder's Justice League is wildly successful, HBO Max isn't going to shell out the hundreds of millions needed to produce Justice League 2 and 3.

My guess is Snyder's going to tease future stuff, but there's not going to be a cliffhanger ending on the magnitude of Lois getting killed. It's likely going to just be the Green Lantern tag with Ryan Reynolds (if they can get him)
    Yeah I agree, I don't think Lois will actually die, but we might get a glimpse at that possible future. I suspect Flash will have a bigger role to play, and having a vision of what might come to pass could play a big role.

Bumping this thread so people can keep putting Snyder Cut stuff here.

Justice League: Director’s Cut | Official Teaser Update (few new footages):

JUSTICE LEAGUE SNYDER CUT Black and White Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVwLsgY0E9I

Some images:

Extraordinary Member

I'm wondering where all that extra money came in, after seeing that. I'm also wondering how many WB execs responsible for that decision go home with a job tonight.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I'm wondering where all that extra money came in, after seeing that. I'm also wondering how many WB execs responsible for that decision go home with a job tonight.
    I would be more concerned about the WB/DC employees who got let go while this got greenlighted. I am sure they would love to know where that money that could have saved their jobs went into that movie.

If no one can figure that out-let those exec go and rehire some folks.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I would be more concerned about the WB/DC employees who got let go while this got greenlighted. I am sure they would love to know where that money that could have saved their jobs went into that movie.

If no one can figure that out-let those exec go and rehire some folks.
    I'm almost thinking it was Snyder's version of a joke, or possibly his retirement nest egg feathering. But no, after I saw that he wants to release it in black and white in IMAX, I thought it was just Snyder being Snyder. Though I would be interested in seeing where that money went.

Fans of Zack Snyder's films at the DCEU may have one more reason to celebrate. During the American Vampire panel at Artist's Valley at CCXP Worlds, Scott Snyder stated that he was asked by DC to “help with the comic adaptation and expansion of the [Justice League Snyder Cut] mythology that he is doing on [HBO Max] ”.

The Snyder from the comics, however, said he did not accept the job because "I had a lot of jobs ahead and I can’t deal with people confusing us anymore".

https://twitter.com/omelete/status/1335704637110947847