Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I think they could split the difference and save VFX money by having the more monstrous look be a "battle form" that Steppenwulf uses sometimes
    Ooh, not a bad idea.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

HBO Max’s Boss Discusses the Snyder Cut ‘It Does Not Exist, Zack is Actually Building It’

The chairman of WarnerMedia and the head of HBO Max, Bob Greenblatt, appeared on the Recode Media podcast this week and discussed the Snyder Cut. From what it actually is to when they decided to release it, his conversation should hopefully clear up some of those conspiracy theories being spread around the internet:

“It’s been months of discussions with Zack and the producers, to figure out how to do it. Because it isn’t as easy as just going into the vault and there’s a Snyder Cut sitting there to put out. It does not exist, Zack is actually building it and it’s complex. Including (and I don’t want to get into too much detail that we haven’t already talked about yet), but new effects shots and it’s a radical rethinking of that movie and it’s complicated and wildly expensive. Which is of course a number I won’t quote.”

When asked about the $20-30 million number he said, “I’ll just say I wish it was just $30 million and stop there.”

“It’s an enormous undertaking and very complex. We had to go to the unions and get certain things clear with them about what we were doing. Is the Snyder Cut a new movie? Or is it a recut? There’s lots of complexity that the fan doesn’t know about. And we weren’t just sitting around going, ‘Lets not talk to those fans for as long as we can. Let’s drive them crazy.’ We were actually spending a lot of time trying to figuring out how to do this, and there’s many many hurdles to jump over. Once we saw that we could do it all and figured out the right economics, which was literally in the last week, we said ‘alright lets get this news out there’.”

He was then asked if it was something they were sitting on for months and released the news as a pre-launch HBO Max “pop”, and he said:

“No. We were trying very hard to be able to announce it before the launch, because we knew it would be very well received, but we started talking about it (I want to say) in last fall. Seriously.”

https://dceumythic.com/2020/05/26/hb...y-building-it/

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Glad DS is confirmed! That probably means WB have no plans to use him for whatever their cinematic universe currently is.

Having recently watched BvS again I absolutely love the tone and atmosphere of the film more of the same in JL would be great. Also intrigued by Junkie's score, over time I grew on his Batman theme.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    Didn't know where to write this and didn't want to start a new thread (I'm an older forum user who understands not every thought needs it's own thread) I just wanted to say I'm new here, just signed up.

[...]

Anyways, I'm bad witch (super nin fan) thanks for being here!!
    Welcome, happy to have you here!

--

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    HBO Max’s Boss Discusses the Snyder Cut ‘It Does Not Exist, Zack is Actually Building It’

The chairman of WarnerMedia and the head of HBO Max, Bob Greenblatt, appeared on the Recode Media podcast this week and discussed the Snyder Cut. From what it actually is to when they decided to release it, his conversation should hopefully clear up some of those conspiracy theories being spread around the internet:

“It’s been months of discussions with Zack and the producers, to figure out how to do it. Because it isn’t as easy as just going into the vault and there’s a Snyder Cut sitting there to put out. It does not exist, Zack is actually building it and it’s complex. Including (and I don’t want to get into too much detail that we haven’t already talked about yet), but new effects shots and it’s a radical rethinking of that movie and it’s complicated and wildly expensive. Which is of course a number I won’t quote.”

When asked about the $20-30 million number he said, “I’ll just say I wish it was just $30 million and stop there.”

“It’s an enormous undertaking and very complex. We had to go to the unions and get certain things clear with them about what we were doing. Is the Snyder Cut a new movie? Or is it a recut? There’s lots of complexity that the fan doesn’t know about. And we weren’t just sitting around going, ‘Lets not talk to those fans for as long as we can. Let’s drive them crazy.’ We were actually spending a lot of time trying to figuring out how to do this, and there’s many many hurdles to jump over. Once we saw that we could do it all and figured out the right economics, which was literally in the last week, we said ‘alright lets get this news out there’.”

He was then asked if it was something they were sitting on for months and released the news as a pre-launch HBO Max “pop”, and he said:

“No. We were trying very hard to be able to announce it before the launch, because we knew it would be very well received, but we started talking about it (I want to say) in last fall. Seriously.”

https://dceumythic.com/2020/05/26/hb...y-building-it/
    Eh, I completely understand this is the chairman, but everything else we've seen and heard suggests the cut was much further along than he insinuates in this article. I can't tell if he's exaggerating for some reason, or if he's ignorant of exactly how much is along. Maybe it's neither and he's exactly right, but I don't believe him when said "Because it isn’t as easy as just going into the vault and there’s a Snyder Cut sitting there to put out. It does not exist, Zack is actually building it and it’s complex."

There was always a Snyder Cut. It was screened to WB execs in 2017 when Zack trimmed it down to 2:20 and both parties (Zack, WB) walked away saying it still needed more work to fit in with what WB was wanting. Now, if Greenblatt is suggesting that there's not a finished cut, then OK, I think we all surmised that. $30 million isn't that much, all things considered with a movie like this, and seems to be very much in line with what's required for finishing out a movie of this scale.

So, I'll summarize by saying that I think he's exaggerating or our definitions of terms may be slightly different. There was/is a Snyder cut, but it's not completed (as we've all been saying). Maybe I'm just nitpicking how he worded that?
    Last edited by Wandering_Wand; 05-27-2020 at 06:58 AM.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

https://twitter.com/ZackSnyder/statu...31646159564800

Zack posted a low-res colorized pic of Darkseid from his cut.

Just spoke to JK Simmons about the #SnyderCut — he has spoken to @ZackSnyder
    about the #ReleaseTheSnyderCut news!

Could we be seeing more Gordon?!

I’ll post the interview soon!
    https://twitter.com/JakesTakes/statu...47537987424261

Edit: here's the interview.

4 mins in.
    Last edited by Triple J; 05-27-2020 at 10:37 AM.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    https://twitter.com/ZackSnyder/statu...31646159564800

Zack posted a low-res colorized pic of Darkseid from his cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Looks more like Corvus Glaive.

There was always a Snyder Cut. It was screened to WB execs in 2017 when Zack trimmed it down to 2:20 and both parties (Zack, WB) walked away saying it still needed more work to fit in with what WB was wanting.
    Just because you have a cut to show to people doesn't mean it's anywhere closed to be finished.

Often times those first cuts will have characters reading their lines in front of green screens or only partially in costume, stock footage used to show what's going on, title cards, etc etc. They're not showing a finished movie, or even a partially finished movie. They're showing you an idea what the movie will be like.

I'm also confused as to whether the Snyder Cut as we know it is the same story that was shown to executives during those initial screenings, or if the story was altered by Snyder before he was pulled off the project.

"Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post

Eh, I completely understand this is the chairman, but everything else we've seen and heard suggests the cut was much further along than he insinuates in this article. I can't tell if he's exaggerating for some reason, or if he's ignorant of exactly how much is along. Maybe it's neither and he's exactly right, but I don't believe him when said "Because it isn’t as easy as just going into the vault and there’s a Snyder Cut sitting there to put out. It does not exist, Zack is actually building it and it’s complex."

So, I'll summarize by saying that I think he's exaggerating or our definitions of terms may be slightly different. There was/is a Snyder cut, but it's not completed (as we've all been saying). Maybe I'm just nitpicking how he worded that?
    I can see what you mean there. As for me, I'll just chalk this up as Greenblatt not being informed on things before he was interviewed for the article.

"Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

First Snyder Cut Sneak Peek:

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 06-18-2020 at 10:30 AM.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

So, will it be even worse than the theater cut?