Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
I meant gore or violence(auto correct. Sorry) . Wonderwoman chops of the head of a steppenwolf and darkseid crushes his head beneath his feet. Superman would just be the introverted, shy, unsure guy in the movie. He might grow more confident due to his new perspective on life after death. But, he would still be the guy that battled zod in an uphill battle.
Oh, yeah. From what I've heard, Snyder's cut will be far more violent since he won't have to worry about hitting that nebulous PG-13 mark. The Superman stuff will also be much darker and scarier than Whedon's version. It sounds like the crux of Superman's role was meant to be him regaining his humanity following his resurrection. Apparently, Jor-El infusing his DNA with the Kryptonian Codex was supposed to play a big role. It'll be interesting to see how all this plays out.

Again, I prefer a sunnier, lighter Superman, but I think Snyder's more serious and somber version deserves to get a payoff, rather than the tonal whiplash we got in the theatrical cut in which he immediately goes from being a soulless engine of destruction to Donner's Superman with a creepy upper lip in two scenes.