Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Default Zack snyder's justice league - appreciation

EDIT May 25, 2020

The Snyder Cut is officially being released! Thanks to everyone who called for its released and a bigger thanks to AT&T, Warner Bros. and HBO Max. For those who are interested in watching it in 2021 in the U.S. - please don't be jerks and pirate it. Own up and be a good person and pay for the service as a way to thank HBO Max and AT&T for doing this. To those outside of the U.S., we're all hoping that by 2021 HBO Max will launch in your regions and/or there will be an agreement for it to stream on other platforms.

Below are some links for additional reading and confirmations. Congrats everyone, we did it. Now, be nice and don't be jerks!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-thing-1295102

https://twitter.com/ZackSnyder/statu...79373789605890

-----------

Original one was started in the TV/Film section back in November: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-November-2019
    With the recent posts and conversation in the "All New Course Corrected DC Films/Worlds of DC (No Spoilers)" I assume many folks on both sides of this conversation probably feel it's best to start a dedicated thread.

And I'll make the following suggestion once: if you have nothing kind or positive to say about Zack, his movies, or the Snyder Cut and its movement, please do everyone a favor and spare posting in here. We get it, trust us - we hear it every day Zack is brought up. You hate him. You hate his movies. He made you cry with his interpretations of your favorite smiling heroes. He kicked your dog. He's the most evil person in the world according to a lot of people (or at least they sure make it seem so with what they say about him and his family, fans, etc.).

We here aren't interested in arguments and debates anymore (the debate is really over about the Snyder Cut, by the way; it exists and it's nearly finished). This should be a thread dedicated to people who are actually interested in Zack's works and seeing his original version of Justice League finished out.

Oh, and as of the timing of this post, Zack designed another shirt to purchase from Ink to the People. Yet again, all proceeds will go to the American Foundation of Suicide Prevention, a cause thousands of Snyder fans have donated to (including me). The Snyder Cut was also able to get Subway to publicly commit 15,000 sandwiches for the homeless and needy this Holiday season. But hey, we're all pathetic creepy beasts, right?

https://inktothepeople.com/zack-snyder-jl

Last edited by Wandering_Wand; 05-25-2020 at 12:40 PM.

Providing the latest pictures from the last few days. Originally posted by Last Son of Krypton in the DC Films thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    From Snyder's Vero (stop teasing and just leak the whole thing, Zack!):

Some more to go along with the previous post.

More pics and Excalibur's quotes from Snyder:

Last batch for now:

King Arthur: What is the secret of the Grail? Who does it serve?

Perceval: You, my lord.

King Arthur: Who am I?

Perceval: You are my lord and king. You are Arthur.

King Arthur: Have you found the secret that I have lost?

Perceval: Yes. You and the land are one.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

So I’m guessing the black suit was going to latch onto him once he was resurrected?

Mighty Member

Appreciating you making this thread and setting down the ground rules on lock. Thanks, Wand.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

To make the discussion more fruitful: What's the most enticing thing you've seen hinted about the Snyder Cut? And what's the least appetizing?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I have issues with Snyder's overall approach to the DCEU, but I am absolutely interested in seeing what his Justice League would have been. He is, without a doubt, a director capable of crafting some truly stunning visual spectacles.

This is pretty much a perfect scene in terms of nailing Dr. Manhattan.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    To make the discussion more fruitful: What's the most enticing thing you've seen hinted about the Snyder Cut? And what's the least appetizing?
    Wonder Woman's fight with Steppenwolf.

This convinced me there's a slim chance the Snyder Cut might actually happen.

Superbat: Thanks for posting that. That's essentially my opinion as well. Snyder's version likely hasn't had much special effects work done and little editing. I think he's using the audience's ignorance of the film making process in order to give a false sense of the state of his version, to put pressure on WB. His hope is that the pressure will lead to him being rehired to "finish" his version. WB knows the true state of his version, but it doesn't help them to come out and speak the truth because it will anger some fans. Better just to stay silent and hope the movement fades over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbite883 View Post
    Appreciating you making this thread and setting down the ground rules on lock. Thanks, Wand.
    Sure thing, I think many of us thought it was most appropriate given the atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Where to begin?

-A healthy looking Ben Affleck for starters (he was red and puffy in all the reshoots from his battle with alcohol)
    -A non-CGI Henry Cavill
    -Cyborg's back story and unfolding of him being the "heart" of the movie
    -No cheese like Flash falling into Wonder Woman's chest (thanks, Joss!)
    -Less (or none) jarring cuts and scenes between the two clashing visions throughout the movie
    -Vulko and some additional Atlantis action that was all cut
    -DARKSEID

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    Superbat: Thanks for posting that. That's essentially my opinion as well. Snyder's version likely hasn't had much special effects work done and little editing. I think he's using the audience's ignorance of the film making process in order to give a false sense of the state of his version, to put pressure on WB. His hope is that the pressure will lead to him being rehired to "finish" his version. WB knows the true state of his version, but it doesn't help them to come out and speak the truth because it will anger some fans. Better just to stay silent and hope the movement fades over time.
    I haven't watched that video, but I know it's made its rounds. All I'll say to this is Zack posted a picture of actual film canisters with "Justice League - Director's Cut - Run Time 214" on them. He's also said his version "is done, and up to them [WB] to release it" at his film convention and to fans on his Vero account. In addition, multiple people who worked on the film such as Jay Oliva have said the movie is way further than anyone pretty much thinks. There's also been some additional dialogue about all of this from other cast and crew and I'm certainly led to believe that the movie is very likely no less than 90% done, with some touch ups, CGI, and Junkie's music actually scored to the film (he confirmed all the tracks were completed, just not meshed in with the movie).

I don't know him personally, but I've followed him and his family for probably 5 years now and I don't take Zack as the dishonest type. But, who knows? Then again, he may be desperate to get his take on Justice League out because he sees there are thousands of people asking for it every day.

Ultimate Member

While I could careless about this and pretty much DC film in general-there is NOTHING requiring a finished product being released.

Remember DR Who has had episodes released that were either lost or never finished like Shada.
    We have had Sleepaway Camp 3 put out and it was never finished.

There is nothing wrong with a release with commentary (optional audio) on an incomplete version of the film.
    There is nothing with an online release. The Arjay Smith lead We Made this Movie did that after 2-3 years after it was made. They had a red carpet and showed the film.

As for the studio hoping it goes away- I am sure Ray Fisher doesn't think that way. Remember he didn't have a career before this film and no one is hiring him.
    Disney wants Song of the South to go away-how is THAT working out?
    DC wanted Wally West & Cassandra Cain & Stephanie Brown to go away-how did that work out?

Mighty Member

That's essentially my opinion as well. Snyder's version likely hasn't had much special effects work done and little editing.
    Or maybe there's more to the whole SC thing than you and FI (the guy in the video) had assumed otherwise. Still, I'll commend you for stating your opinion as..just that rather than the opposite.
    Last edited by Frostbite883; 05-10-2020 at 05:37 AM.

Mostly done not mean releasable.

When Justice League was released, someone that worked on the special effects for the movie leaked this footage.

This scene is mostly done, but it's not something you can release.

The opening 3 seconds are not done at all.
    The special effects showing the effect Flash is having on the floor is incomplete
    The CGI Iris West is incomplete.
    Barry's feet and the ground are incomplete
    The CGI car is incomplete.

This is what the Snyder Cut would look like. In the same scene, there are going to be special effects that are completely done, right next to cgi work that's in its early stages.