Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    If only that could happen.. but I'm pretty sure many of them will continue to talk about it and to throw into our faces how the Snyder cut of JL is such a masterpiece and "Josstice League" a total abomination.

They are already convinced it's the greatest film we never saw.. it's so annoying and makes the Superman fandom so divisive and hostile.
    Regardless of what snydercut is. In my view, "josstice league" is an abomination. It plays to everything that's wrong with modern superman. Superman fandom has always been divided since crisis on infinite earths. Do you actually believe it wasn't?Furthermore, i would take something of essence than hollowness. If snyder provides that with his superman, so be it. Snyder's clark might be an introvert, but he never felt hollow.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

After hearing what the original Suicide Squad film was supposed to be I really wish the first wave of films were shot at the same time so it could truly feel cohesive.

Say what you want about the MCU; every film feels like they were shot by a single director. Now that has good and bad things but it felt cohesive.

I would have loved at least one complete arc with the first wave and if we do see this cut; I can live with the fact that I have Man of Steel, BvS, WW, & JL as a arc.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    No, when people talk about the Snyder Cut I believe they mostly mean the version of the movie that Zack Snyder actually worked on, which exists in a near-complete state and was abandoned when he left the movie due to family tragedy, and not the movie that he would have made if his "Masterplan" had come to fruition.

I mean we know there's things he wanted to do that never happened, most infamously the fact that Snyder was going to have Darkseid kill Lois Lane. Frankly, I despise the idea, and it was kind of at the center of his whole Masterplan. So while I love Man of Steel, Batman v. Superman, and really want to see the Snyder Cut of Justice League, I can never be fully gung ho about the Masterplan like I was before I learned it killed Lois - even if it brought her back later.

The Snyder Cut itself may well see release. Multiple insiders have claimed to have seen it, and there's obviously a huge push for its release among the fan community, to say nothing of all the money raised for suicide prevention! Snyder's Masterplan will never be released, barring either ludicrously unlikely circumstances, or else maybe something like a comic adaptation, which might be infinitely more likely, but still seems pretty much unlikely to me.
    Well yeah and then the time travel arc would take place. The first travel to the BvS was unsuccessful because Bruce haven't figured if he was tripping or what lol
    The second would be to undo the timeline they got themselves in.
    Honestly, what Snyder planned was nuts. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post

Funny how it works, isn't it? I think the #ReleaseTheSnyderCut crowd needs to be good ambassadors and I've seen several examples of how some people in the movement are not.
    But the detractors and haters are arguably just as bad, if not worse in most cases based upon my direct experiences.
    I honestly believe the fans got overzealous only in response to haters. Because there was a time you could as well believe that the movies got nothing but haters. They were so loud and omnipresent to the point I heard some people even switched reviews from positive to negative to get on with the trend.

If only that could happen.. but I'm pretty sure many of them will continue to talk about it and to throw into our faces how the Snyder cut of JL is such a masterpiece and "Josstice League" a total abomination.

They are already convinced it's the greatest film we never saw.. it's so annoying and makes the Superman fandom so divisive and hostile.
    The people who hate the Snyder films are just as if not more obnoxious since Man of Steel. The only difference between both camps is one got what they wanted.

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    If you wanted that you should have titled the thread Snyder Cut Appreciation. By labeling it Discussion the implication is you want to discuss it. Which entails both positive and negative comments.
    It's not really a discussion if all you want is cheerleaders for the Snyder Cut. Not sure what basis the mods would have just because people are making comments you don't agree with as long as they
    are polite and not making personal attacks.
    Well, despite the opening post of the thread…

There's a great argument I and many others can make to the mods - we were being asked and the questions were being brought up in other threads by some posters about taking our conversation and cheerleading elsewhere (to a dedicated area). We've done that but yet continue to get people crawling back to attack and be negative.
    And now we have semantics being argued. Do you really think it would have made much of a difference if I would have labeled this "Appreciation" vs. "Discussion?"

You can say "yes", but the result would have largely been the same, I think we all know that.
    Regardless, let's take your advice -
    Mods - can we re-title the thread to replace "Discussion" for "Appreciation" just to give it a shot?
    I've also PM'd them.

It'll happen with me (walking away if it's released). There is certainly a minority of Snyder Cut fans who will continue pressing for WB/AT&T to finish his arc. But, it's not gonna happen; most of us realize that. But, we do want to see what he filmed for his version of JL before WB, Joss, and Danny Elfman did what they did.

And I can think of another subgroup of Superman fans that keep the hostility and divisiveness because they *cough cough* refuse to drop the notion that every Superman has to be a smiling dorky boyscout wearing his red underwear outside of his suit.
    That's all I'll say on that particular matter because it's not something I want to get into on this thread, nor should we.

Quote Originally Posted by adamTPTK View Post
    I honestly believe the fans got overzealous only in response to haters. Because there was a time you could as well believe that the movies got nothing but haters. They were so loud and omnipresent to the point I heard some people even switched reviews from positive to negative to get on with the trend.
    Yea, you're probably right. You know that's why Zack showed the picture of the film cannisters? Someone high profile in the industry, or maybe it was a trade (I can't recall who ATM) had jumped on board the "Snyder Cut doesn't exist" train. As it had been going on for months and was picking up steam, Zack took the picture of the cannisters to prove it's there, it exists, it has an official run time, etc. He even said it himself after someone asked him. His response was something like "…because I'm tired of people saying it doesn't exist."
    Last edited by Wandering_Wand; 04-16-2020 at 05:11 AM.

Spectacular Member

Yea, you're probably right. You know that's why Zack showed the picture of the film cannisters? Someone high profile in the industry, or maybe it was a trade (I can't recall who ATM) had jumped on board the "Snyder Cut doesn't exist" train. As it had been going on for months and was picking up steam, Zack took the picture of the cannisters to prove it's there, it exists, it has an official run time, etc. He even said it himself after someone asked him. His response was something like "…because I'm tired of people saying it doesn't exist."
    There were test screenings right? Wouldn't that be considered the Snyder cut?

There were test screenings right? Wouldn't that be considered the Snyder cut?
    I've heard of one test screening that happened very early on that Kevin Smith mentioned on his show a year or two ago. A couple people in the audience claimed to have gone to it, but many things were debunked and so it's largely taken with heavy skepticism. It was mentioned that Darkseid was in it pre-CGI, though. But this early one would have been from Zack as it was rumored to take place early in 2017 (he left in March 2017).

Other test screenings that I recall hearing about were from the final cut of the movie we ended up receiving after Zack had left.

By the way, thanks to our wonderful mods here, we have a title change on the thread to help push the narrative we want here. Thanks for the suggestion Osiris-Rex!

I'm one of the #releasethesnydercut guys But, I don't throw anything at anyone like many do...I just want to see the movie. I can only speak for myself, but I LOVE MoS...what Snyder did with that film just clicked for me. BvS has more issues than MoS, but it continued the progression of Superman's character against the backdrop of a burned out Batman. Justice League was such a different animal from MoS & BvS, it's hard to call it a follow-up even though it finishes the plot point of Superman's death. So good, bad, or ugly, I just want to see a film that actually caps off the 2 other films I enjoyed so much, and give me the "Superman trilogy" of sorts.

Sure, there would be plot threads that won't get picked up later...but I don't care about those. I want a cap to MoS & BvS that is similar in tone & structure. To the part of your post that you bolded, though, what I meant by "shutting up" was tat if they would just release it, the hashtags and banners in the sky & billboards at cons would stop. We'd have what we wanted, and frankly after investing so much of my time and money in movie tickets, blurays, 4K's, merchandise, etc for MoS & BvS, I kinda feel like I deserve to see the Snyder trilogy capper. That may be selfish of me to say, but so be it.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    I'm one of the #releasethesnydercut guys But, I don't throw anything at anyone like many do...I just want to see the movie. I can only speak for myself, but I LOVE MoS...what Snyder did with that film just clicked for me. BvS has more issues than MoS, but it continued the progression of Superman's character against the backdrop of a burned out Batman. Justice League was such a different animal from MoS & BvS, it's hard to call it a follow-up even though it finishes the plot point of Superman's death. So good, bad, or ugly, I just want to see a film that actually caps off the 2 other films I enjoyed so much, and give me the "Superman trilogy" of sorts.

Sure, there would be plot threads that won't get picked up later...but I don't care about those. I want a cap to MoS & BvS that is similar in tone & structure. To the part of your post that you bolded, though, what I meant by "shutting up" was tat if they would just release it, the hashtags and banners in the sky & billboards at cons would stop. We'd have what we wanted, and frankly after investing so much of my time and money in movie tickets, blurays, 4K's, merchandise, etc for MoS & BvS, I kinda feel like I deserve to see the Snyder trilogy capper. That may be selfish of me to say, but so be it.
    Totally agree, MOS and BVS are thematically and tonally identical and cohesive,the theatrical JL is disjointed with a different batman and just a shoehorned final act that is incredibly underwhelming.I watched it to complete the trilogy but I kind of regret it to this day as it felt such an injustice to Zack ,he kept working on the movie after the tragedy (I think it helped him grieve)and the WB execs seized the tragedy to push him out and completely bastardised his vision. I think to release the Snyder cut would be doing right by him

Mighty Member

God, I always wondered how Snyder managed to attract so many overzealous and venomous haters. I mean, many films are disliked. Only those with a kind of Snyder Derangement Syndrome act as if it's worst cinema ever made.
    Tell me about it (with such examples like...)

if Snyder follows Scott's path to where one day in the future he could one day get to do a director's cut of Justice League but he needs to make some great films that garner both critical acclaim and fans and even then if the film is released I don't think it will live up to the expectations that Zack Snyder himself has set, because even a polished turd is still just a turd.

Plus while I think BvS was terrible, the extended edition was an improvement. It still sucked but it was better. Plus it’s hard to see anything be worse than Cavill’s cgi face. Still not expecting a good movie (could be blown away but doubt it) but I can see it going from bad to passable.

NO way in hell the WB wants to do anything with the Justice League movie at this point. More than anything they probably want the public to forget it so they can move on. If thye were to dump any money into the non-exsistant Snyder cut it is a lose/lose for them. If it is well recieved (which I doubt it would be) they look stupid for pulling Snyder.

Spectacular Member

Other test screenings that I recall hearing about were from the final cut of the movie we ended up receiving after Zack had left.

By the way, thanks to our wonderful mods here, we have a title change on the thread to help push the narrative we want here. Thanks for the suggestion Osiris-Rex!
    Wait, there were multiple screenings? All I remember the coverage of one test screening that didn't go well (at least according to reporters, which could as well be click baiters) and reshoots were supposed to take place and then briefly after that Snyder announced exit due to family tragedy. I could remember it wrong. Somewhere in the middle they changed Steppenwolf's design I think.

Anyway, I'm not sure that should be just appreciation. I'd like to see discussion. It doesn't have to be venomous was what I wanted to say lol I myself have a lot of criticism and I'd like to see other's with constructive criticism. I do appreciate the fact that Snyder wanted to invoke the mythic feel and succeeded more times than not AFAIC.

I understand, but you and anyone else are free to start another thread if you wish.

The discussions NEVER start, nor end as "discussions." Not here, not on Reddit, not on any other website. This has been, by far, one of the most polarizing and anger inducing conversations that I've had the pleasure (and displeasure) of seeing on the Internet and outside over the years (not just Justice League and #ReleaseTheSnyderCut, but all of Zack's DCEU movies).

I started this thread as a way for people who want to see and appreciate Snyder's vision. As we can see, when I had it labeled as discussion (keep in mind after posters were telling us to GTFO of the DC Films thread), haters still came in to call names, demean, degrade, etc.

So, I hope it can primarily serve as a place of appreciation.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

So what's the most complete collection of the snippets we've gotten so far? I remember there being a 40+ minute one but I don't remember where it is.

Spectacular Member

I understand, but you and anyone else are free to start another thread if you wish.

The discussions NEVER start, nor end as "discussions." Not here, not on Reddit, not on any other website. This has been, by far, one of the most polarizing and anger inducing conversations that I've had the pleasure (and displeasure) of seeing on the Internet and outside over the years (not just Justice League and #ReleaseTheSnyderCut, but all of Zack's DCEU movies).

I started this thread as a way for people who want to see and appreciate Snyder's vision. As we can see, when I had it labeled as discussion (keep in mind after posters were telling us to GTFO of the DC Films thread), haters still came in to call names, demean, degrade, etc.

So, I hope it can primarily serve as a place of appreciation.
    That's fair I guess.
    Anyway, if we're here to appreciate the Snyder cut here's the thing I really, really loved (and knowing Snyder, it most certainly was true too).

(timecode doesn't work, so skip to 3:47 to see what I mean)
    The concept that he played with the League as the indirect reincarnation of the Old Gods is exactly the mythic stuff I want to see in superhero movies...

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Hey folks, it's only fandomwire, but any thoughts on this report? Even without believing it on its face, it does seem likely that WB would double down in the face of fervent fan-clamoring (or, if true, that demand by Snyder).

https://fandomwire.com/exclusive-sny...-snyder-again/