Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

No interest in seeing this at all but I guess WB gets to rope back in all the snyder cult and secure more subs to HBO Max
    Hopefully the toxic culture around DC movies can finally be put to bed now that they got what they wanted

Im definitely watching this.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    No interest in seeing this at all but I guess WB gets to rope back in all the snyder cult and secure more subs to HBO Max
    Hopefully the toxic culture around DC movies can finally be put to bed now that they got what they wanted
    The cynic in me thinks this is what it's really about.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    And how fast will they unsubscribed after they watch the film?

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    The movie won't be released for a while, so I'm not at my most excited, but I feel pretty lucky to be able to see Snyder's vision completed. I don't know about everyone else but BvS and the controversy surrounding it was a big part of my life as a DC fan. I can empathize with people who didn't like his take, but he included so many interesting and deep-cut elements from the comics in a way I never thought I'd see, and I can't wait to see the vision completed. I want to see the story end, not amputated and Frankensteined.
    I hope the excitement will come for me too since after JL my comic book fatigue (in all media not just films and actual comics) hit overdrive and it hasn't gone away.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    I’m so happy!!!! The fans really won. I don’t even know if I’ll watch this to be honest but I’m really happy that Snyder can see his work released. This has been a long journey
    I wouldn't really call them fans...Malcontents maybe, but not fans. Now what happens if it sucks? Who they gonna blame then?

Astonishing Member

It’s great that this cut will be released but one can’t ignore the bad apples that made up quite a bit of the movement. I’m happy for Snyder’s vision to be realized but frankly the road to getting there was rather bumpy.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Hey mods, how's it going?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    I wouldn't really call them fans...Malcontents maybe, but not fans. Now what happens if it sucks? Who they gonna blame then?
    I never understood this line of reasoning from people.

How can you claim the majority of fans who wanted this released are malcontents? A director people like made a film that was never released. Now it’s getting released. Who cares if it’s bad? That was never the point of this at all. The movie could be complete garbage, this is about a filmmaker getting his film released. If you don’t support it then you should probably stay out of the appreciation thread .

BANNED

Top arguments from naysayers:

“The cut doesn’t exist” it does, it always has, in several forms, just mostly unedited and without VFX.

“What if it’s terrible, then it was all for nothing” I can only assume people who think this way do not sympathize with creators who aren’t able to release something they’ve created. Whether it’s bad or good was literally never a factor of this movement.

“Snyder fans are toxic and harass people” I’m a Snyder fan and I’ve never done that. I know plenty of other Snyder fans who aren’t like that. I’ve seen some MCU fans act toxic and harass people. So, there really is no argument there. There are toxic sides of every fanbase and nobody likes them. If you think WB was giving in to harassment, you weren’t paying attention, and you let the trolls make you think they represented the movement.

“People are just going to keep begging for more” and why shouldn’t they? Is it so hard to accept that Snyder has a fanbase? How does it affect you in the slightest? Is the idea of people wanting more DC stuff from Snyder really all that menacing? Fans should be fans of whoever they want and support them however they want. And we’ve already established that every fanbase has toxic elements, so for you as an individual, why the heck does it matter?

Put aside the fact that most have accepted Snyder being away from DC films for years and completely don’t care if he comes back or not. If they do, it’s because they support him, not because they want to see Flash punch Darkseid or something. The Snyder Cut is a special movement because it is specifically about fans supporting a director’s work and nothing else.

So again I ask - why is this such a bother. You aren’t going to be forced to watch it.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I think people are confusing the two Snyder Cut threads. This is the one for people who are interested in seeing it. If you aren't, that’s perfectly understandable and you can complain about it all you want in the other thread. This thread was specifically created to avoid rehashing the same complaints about Snyder and the more toxic elements of fandom. Besides, there are douchebags in every fandom. Liking or not liking Zack Snyder's superhero films has no bearing on whether someone is a decent person.

As to the topic at hand, I am curious how much Snyder will actually be able to do here. There are clearly big chunks he wasn't able to film, like the J'Onn J'Onzz and Green Lantern Corps scenes. That would require a lot of SFX. I can't imagine that WB has given him that big a budget for this. Will he have enough money to do all the stuff he wants. However, Snyder seems to inspire some fierce loyalty from his cast and crew. They might go above and beyond for him, irregardless of what financial compensation there is.

Excited to see what Snyder does. Also, the fandom has done has awesome stuff (campaigning and donating for charity etc). Sure, there are bad apples..but those don't represent an entire movement, and like Bored mentioned..there are bad apples in every fandom. It's just how it is.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

So what are people most excited about seeing? I'd love to make a poll if Wandering_Wand or a mod doesn't mind making the edit.

Or, people can just rank them in order of preference.

1. Superman's Arc (including the black suit, Darkseid mind control, etc.)

2. Darkseid & the New Gods

3. Cyborg's backstory

4. Greek "Old God" Mythology

5. Alternate Aquaman & Atlantis scenes

6. Martian Manhunter & other cameos

7. Other (A better Batfleck, a better looking 3rd act, Luthor, anything!)

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I am biased towards Martian manhunter and superman. I know cyborg will be the heart of the league.