Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    I sort of want to say it was bad writing to put Sinister in his current position of power. He betrayed them in Moira's former life and obviously will again. Unless Xavier and Mags see through his BS and are expecting his betrayal it makes no sense.
    No itÂ’s not... they want him to create the Chimera. ThatÂ’s how the mutants were able to survive in the future. They created Krakoa with the knowledge of the future from Moira. They are expecting Sinister to betray them. ItÂ’s more of a keep your enemies closer kinda scenario. They are playing 3dimensional chess with Sinister. It will be fascinating to see how it will plays out because everyone in the Silent Council has their own agenda. If Hickman and company plays their cards right this run could be one of the best simply from all the possibilities from this new status quo.

So is the Chimera Onslaught 3.0?

I'd still call it bad writing because the series is heavily playing up the 'natural evolution vs. cheating with machinery and robotics', except mutants are only capable of advancing/surviving with genetic engineering and the technology and Cerebro and Forge. It muddles the message into 'using technology to advance is bad when other people do it'

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Seems pretty good. I'm intrigued a bit
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I'd still call it bad writing because the series is heavily playing up the 'natural evolution vs. cheating with machinery and robotics', except mutants are only capable of advancing/surviving with genetic engineering and the technology and Cerebro and Forge. It muddles the message into 'using technology to advance is bad when other people do it'
    And the Five needs a sequenced DNA to perform the resurrection process , and the flowers of Krakoa doesn't actually grow in Krakoa. I think part of the idea is show the hypocrisy of all this

Wouldn’t Nate grey be a chimera

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    And the Five needs a sequenced DNA to perform the resurrection process , and the flowers of Krakoa doesn't actually grow in Krakoa. I think part of the idea is show the hypocrisy of all this

?

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Everyone is cheating. No one can point a finger at the other

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    This could actually be a way to bring back fan favorite mutants without time travel/alt universe complications. I mean, I’m sure Sinister will birth new mutants via genetic manipulation in adulthood or at least early adolescence. We could get Ruby Summers, Nocturne (if/when Scarlet Witch is revealed to be a mutant), Tenia-Jean (with the caveat that Wanda isn’t a mutant), Kymera, Megan Frost-Summers, Pavel Rasputin, Becka Munroe, etc

That is not what chimeras are. And x-men doesn't need a bunch of white new characters

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    That is not what chimeras are. And x-men doesn't need a bunch of white new characters
    Yep. My fav white characters are Nocturne, Kymera, Becka Munroe, and Tenia-Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Wouldn’t Nate grey be a chimera
    Now that I think about all of this. Wouldn't Synch be closer to a natural example of one? Why go through all the work when the gene to do this must reside with Synch.

Nate grey is a clone of both jean grey and cyclops so technically he would be chimera.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I read that sinister was creating chimera using the body of thunderbird ; I’d rather have thunderbird back, thank you.
    Actually this Sinister is a Chimera. He has Thunderbird's DNA.

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Nate grey is a clone of both jean grey and cyclops so technically he would be chimera.
    No. He is not a clone. He was bred from Scott and Jean's DNA. If he is a "clone" then we are all clones lol.
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Synch340 View Post
    Actually this Sinister is a Chimera. He has Thunderbird's DNA.
    A Chimera has DNA from more than one mutant. He only has Thunderbird's so not a chimera.
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars

Quote Originally Posted by The Jeeper 2.0 View Post
    No. He is not a clone. He was bred from Scott and Jean's DNA. If he is a "clone" then we are all clones lol.
    In the parallel reality known as The Age of Apocalypse, Mister Sinister, one of the elite Horsemen of the High Lord Apocalypse, artificially created Nate (naming him Nathaniel Grey), from genetic material from Cyclops and Phoenix. Sinister created Nate as the ultimate mutant and hoped to use him in his own bid for power against Apocalypse.[1]

2.https://www.marvel.com/characters/x-man
    Nate Grey hailed from the timeline in which the eternal mutant Apocalypse had conquered North America. Created by Apocalypse’s Horseman Sinister from genetic material taken from the mutant heroes Cyclops and Jean Grey