Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    There was also the life where she died in a plane crash when going to meet Xavier.
    And the one where she was killed by the Brotherhood.

I don't think those two say much, if anything, about the "inevitable" ending of the human/mutant conflict.
    I am saying at this point , 50 years after her birth.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    There was also the life where she died in a plane crash when going to meet Xavier.
    And the one where she was killed by the Brotherhood.

I don't think those two say much, if anything, about the "inevitable" ending of the human/mutant conflict.
    I find it funny/weird that the lesson she took from getting killed by the Brotherhood while trying to make a mutant cure was "mutant cures don't work" and not "I really need better security"

Remember, or her 10 lives, life 1 she lived as a normal person, life 2 she died in a plane crash, and life 5 (I think) was the mutant cure that go cut short. So she really only has 7 lives that she really tried anything.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I find it funny/weird that the lesson she took from getting killed by the Brotherhood while trying to make a mutant cure was "mutant cures don't work" and not "I really need better security"
    Strange, I thought the takeaway was “don’t try to annihilate your people or Destiny will annihilate you.” Seemed pretty explicit, actually.

Remember, or her 10 lives, life 1 she lived as a normal person, life 2 she died in a plane crash, and life 5 (I think) was the mutant cure that go cut short. So she really only has 7 lives that she really tried anything.
    That was life 3 - She first joined Xavier in life 4, dying at the institute due to an sentinel attack, and then they had their first attempt at a mutant nation in life 5.

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    Strange, I thought the takeaway was “don’t try to annihilate your people or Destiny will annihilate you.” Seemed pretty explicit, actually.
    it seems you've practically gotta tattoo it on people's forehead to get a glimmer of recognition lol
    GrindrStone(D)

Mannnnnnnnn idk it seems pretty open to interpretation to me

I was joking with the 'get better security' line. The main point is that rather than solve the specific thing that went wrong in each of her lives, she just throws everything out and takes the most extreme option at the start. The only exception so far appears to be the Apocalypse timeline where she tried to find out when the Mother Mold got built. And even then that seemed like something she decided later on and not part of her initial goal.

Its a common trope where a character has a big plan, and when it falls apart from some factor they didn't consider, they never try the plan again. I think the Fantastic Four had a story once where someone realized that one of Doom's plans almost succeeded, so he did the exact same thing only factoring in the things that went wrong and accounting for them. I think the only reason he lost was because Doom intervened because he found it insulting that someone was copying him.

BANNED

I was joking with the 'get better security' line. The main point is that rather than solve the specific thing that went wrong in each of her lives, she just throws everything out and takes the most extreme option at the start. The only exception so far appears to be the Apocalypse timeline where she tried to find out when the Mother Mold got built. And even then that seemed like something she decided later on and not part of her initial goal.

Its a common trope where a character has a big plan, and when it falls apart from some factor they didn't consider, they never try the plan again. I think the Fantastic Four had a story once where someone realized that one of Doom's plans almost succeeded, so he did the exact same thing only factoring in the things that went wrong and accounting for them. I think the only reason he lost was because Doom intervened because he found it insulting that someone was copying him.
    Everything went “right” in that life, though, until Destiny found her. She DID develop a “cure” and got it in front of the public, and then Mama D came a calling and let her know that she was never to pursue that course again.

Everything went “right” in that life, though, until Destiny found her. She DID develop a “cure” and got it in front of the public, and then Mama D came a calling and let her know that she was never to pursue that course again.
    Oh definitely. I know that's the big reason why she didn't try the cure thing again. Even if she had decided "this time, I'm going to preemptively kill Destiny!" Destiny would have seen her coming from a mile away, even if she wasn't aware of the entire Groundhogs Day situation. She's just not the kind of character you can get a jump on.

On her other attempts my point stands. Her upcoming series might help with that, since we don't see too much of what specifically went wrong. Just for example, when Magneto got taken down by the other heroes and mutants, why didn't she try that tactic again but with knowledge of how to prevent them from losing? Or when Xavier got killed by Sentinels, why didn't she try to prevent that specific Sentinel-death? Sort of like how they used time travel to prevent Age of Apocalypse and the Days of Future Past.

She has ten lives. Why is she gonna waste one doing the same thing except “this time, I’ll change something like it won’t end the exact same way.”

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Does Irene have the ability to predict Moira's future lives? Even if she did would there be any way for her to communicate it to Raven in Life X? Hmm
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Ultimate Member

Weird that Destiny didn't seem to care about Forge making an gun what turns off mutants, back in the day, or Dr. Kavita Rao eventually creating a mutant cure, or go after any of the people (killing them in their cradles, decades before they did it) who created Sentinels, or mutant power dampener collars, or that exploding anti-mutant missile seen this month, or the Russian 'turns off mutants powers for a minute' ray introduced a few months back, or the High Evolutionary's two separate attempts to cure or kill all the mutants on the planet...

She seems pretty darn selective about what sort of anti-mutant / mutant cure tech she cares about.

(On the other hand, a version of Destiny that *was* capable of this level of future-arranging business that she claims to have been capable of with Moira would be scary, running around strangling baby Bolivar Trask and Kavita Rao in their beds (or arranging for their parents to never meet!), discouraging Shaw and Forge from getting involved in any Sentinel / mutant-power-draining-gun technologies, through whatever means, etc.)

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Weird that Destiny didn't seem to care about Forge making an gun what turns off mutants, back in the day, or Dr. Kavita Rao eventually creating a mutant cure, or go after any of the people (killing them in their cradles, decades before they did it) who created Sentinels, or mutant power dampener collars, or that exploding anti-mutant missile seen this month, or the Russian 'turns off mutants powers for a minute' ray introduced a few months back, or the High Evolutionary's two separate attempts to cure or kill all the mutants on the planet...

She seems pretty darn selective about what sort of anti-mutant / mutant cure tech she cares about.

(On the other hand, a version of Destiny that *was* capable of this level of future-arranging business that she claims to have been capable of with Moira would be scary, running around strangling baby Bolivar Trask and Kavita Rao in their beds (or arranging for their parents to never meet!), discouraging Shaw and Forge from getting involved in any Sentinel / mutant-power-draining-gun technologies, through whatever means, etc.)
    But then there'd be no storyline right now about Krakoa that is making the majority readership poly-horny and the minority borderline insane at waiting until the next time the toys are put back in the box.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

She seems pretty darn selective about what sort of anti-mutant / mutant cure tech she cares about.)
    Bitch got busy?
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Maybe Moira’s cure was going to be more “successful” than those and was genuinely going to wipe out all Mutants.