Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Astonishing Member Gaastra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,101

    Default WB Wants To Make The Mask 3 with Jim Carry?

    https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...ie-jim-carrey/

    Does not mean he will do it but anyone could be the mask! Even woman and kids so if jim carry passes they could still do it with someone else. But looks like WB wants to make a third mask film and wants jim carry to return.

    Not confirmed by wb so take it as a rumor for now.

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...ie-jim-carrey/

    Does not mean he will do it but anyone could be the mask! Even woman and kids so if jim carry passes they could still do it with someone else. But looks like WB wants to make a third mask film and wants jim carry to return.

    Not confirmed by wb so take it as a rumor for now.
    I did not see Mask 2, but Jim Carry's The Mask was one of the best super hero movies ever made -- and it was fun!
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

  3. #3
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,876

    Default

    Well they made dumb and dumber 20 something yrs later so...

  4. #4
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I did not see Mask 2, but Jim Carry's The Mask was one of the best super hero movies ever made -- and it was fun!
    I saw Mask 2...I wouldn't recommend it.

    If you skip that and just make it a continuation so many years later after the first one, I could see a new Mask working if Jim is willing. But I can also see it bombing. Basically it comes down to whether the Mask just needs your average Hollywood dynamic to work, or if they truly captured lightning in a bottle last time - because trying to capture lightning a second time usually never works.

  5. #5
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,361

    Default

    there are some films that are classics that cross over generational boundaries... and I'm not convinced that "the Mask" is one of those films. it was merely a classic of the time.

    it would be like trying to do a remake/reboot of "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" or "Weekend at Bernie's". there are some ideas that are time capsules of pop culture and don't really work well being recast at other times and places.

    honestly, if they were going to do another 'the Mask' film then they should probably try to do something completely different based on the same source material. make it a slightly more conventional horror story with comedic elements (like the "Evil Dead" or "Nightmare on Elm Street" franchises).

    trying to out-cartoon the original is probably a terrible idea.

  6. #6
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    2,089

    Default

    May as well do a more straight adaption which is "Cartoon Physics, no regard for humanity, realistic world" and watch as Social Media freaks out because they have no fucking clue (wait for "Edgy" comments(

  7. #7
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    May as well do a more straight adaption which is "Cartoon Physics, no regard for humanity, realistic world" and watch as Social Media freaks out because they have no fucking clue (wait for "Edgy" comments(
    This. The closest the original came was the alletway tommygun scene, where Mask's nonsense has absolutely catastrophic effect lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •