Default Any Black Label stories you would like to see?

I would hope that they don't just leave it with Batman but the other family has well

Going off the top of my head, I feel like Gordon, Alfred, Jason, and Selina have the most potential for BL focused stories.

The Batgirls and other Robins would be interesting to see, but I think those would be much easier to screw up if gone in the wrong direction.

I feel like there’s an interesting story you can tell under the black Label, about barbara and her father dealing with the trauma from killing joke.
    Books I’m pulling: Justice League Dark, Batman and the, Outsiders, Suicide squad, Daredevil, Tynion’s Batman, X-men, X-force, Marauders, Hellions, X-Factor, Three Jokers, Deceased Dead Planet

An Anarky or Bronze Tiger solo.

BANNED

Catwoman and Nightwing

Besides those you guys said, The Spectre, The Question, Constantine, Lucifer and a few others are pretty good fits for BL books, I think. Huntress, too.

Two Face - You're never going to top some of the previous origin stories, but a sort of Year Two (heh, Two) could really get into the aftermath and minds of Harvey and Bruce and the rest of Gotham after the villainous fall of someone who used to be a pillar of the city's justice system and hope for cleaning up the city. Honestly it's something I'm surprised hasn't been done more. As juicy as the origin is, what comes next is a brilliant springboard to really dig into the character and everyone else involved.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosIncarnate View Post
    I feel like there’s an interesting story you can tell under the black Label, about barbara and her father dealing with the trauma from killing joke.
    Trouble with that is that I don't think anyone has anything new to say there that Kim Yale, John Ostrander, Chuck Dixon, and Gail Simone hasn't said already. Instead it will only perpetuate TKJ as the defining moment for Babs.

In a way, I think the Black Label project has a weak spot. Its creative raison d'être is to be a vehicle for out-of-continuity stories with lots of freedom for creators to re-imagine characters and events; its marketing raison d'être is to be an adults-only line. But these are wholly independent concepts, and there is literally no reason why a story like Batman Last Knight on Earth needs to be adults-only.

So, removing the need to be "adult", I think an Oracle story could be interesting, and if so compatible with pre-New 52 continuity, perhaps with her working as a mentor for a younger Batgirl (probably Cassandra Cain). Show an adult grown-up Babs where TKJ is firmly behind her for once.

A Killer Croc-focused story, with a similar mood to the one in the 2019 Dog Days of Summer Special.

Stjepan Sejic has firm ideas for Poison Ivy, and seems to be shaping up some ideas for Catwoman. Let the man do whatever he likes there.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Something with Killer Croc
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Trouble with that is that I don't think anyone has anything new to say there that Kim Yale, John Ostrander, Chuck Dixon, and Gail Simone hasn't said already. Instead it will only perpetuate TKJ as the defining moment for Babs.

In a way, I think the Black Label project has a weak spot. Its creative raison d'être is to be a vehicle for out-of-continuity stories with lots of freedom for creators to re-imagine characters and events; its marketing raison d'être is to be an adults-only line. But these are wholly independent concepts, and there is literally no reason why a story like Batman Last Knight on Earth needs to be adults-only.

So, removing the need to be "adult", I think an Oracle story could be interesting, and if so compatible with pre-New 52 continuity, perhaps with her working as a mentor for a younger Batgirl (probably Cassandra Cain). Show an adult grown-up Babs where TKJ is firmly behind her for once.

A Killer Croc-focused story, with a similar mood to the one in the 2019 Dog Days of Summer Special.

Stjepan Sejic has firm ideas for Poison Ivy, and seems to be shaping up some ideas for Catwoman. Let the man do whatever he likes there.
    This is how I feel, whenever I think of "Black Label", I think of stories that are trying to be "adult" or "boundary pushing" for the sake of it, and while it works for the most part in most of the projects that they've chosen, I don't think it works for every character or idea.

White Knight/Curse Of White Knight and Last Knight On Earth are the only ones I feel like can get away with being just really great, slightly edgier, out of continuity stories, they don't go "as far" as most of the other BL books. I agree with you that an Oracle book, about her mentoring one of the younger Batgirls would be a perfect story to see, with a tone moreso in line with these two series, not trying to go overly dark, but having it adult focused.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I'd like a really stylish BATGIRL book. Something wild. Batgirl of Burnside through the lens of NEON DEMON.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 12-28-2019 at 11:36 AM.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

A Robin or Batgirl Black Label completely misses the Point of theese characters for me.
    When I think of Black Label I think of Vertigo/Hellblazer/MAX/Morrison's Arkham Asylum.
    I love True Detective but when reading DC it should be something you could give
    to a teen without getting into Trouble with their parents.

Bane, Croc, Batwoman, Gotham Central would be something.
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 12-28-2019 at 05:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I would hope that they don't just leave it with Batman but the other family has well
    Bring back the original Lobo !
    Showcase some forgotten heros sur as Manhunter, Orion & Big Barda, The Spirit, ...