Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Forgot to compliment it before, but it was brilliant having Xavier delivering the lines about still believing the dream and loving humanity without the helmet. It's a nice aesthetic choice having him with his face under the X, as the face of Krakoa, because he looks sinister and less predictable. But when he's professing his faith in his dream, he's still Charles Xavier and it's shown on page. A really cool touch for that moment. Can't help but praise it.
    Indeed. It was perfect.
    (I read it as one of HiX-Man's "now, kindly STFU..." moment).
    Magneto also had a line to that effect as well.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 01-02-2020 at 11:15 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Or it just needs someone else to execute it? Maybe he needs to step back from writing it completely and just be the idea-guy? Other writers seem way more successful responding to the concept, so...?
    Maybe. Hickman have big ideas but has difficulty to put it on motion.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I am so enjoying seeing the X-Men flexing on all the humans after years of mostly seeing them beaten down by them in books.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I just want to post these because to me, this was the best part of the conversation. Hodari displayed being the most reasonable human in the room. Meanwhile his American homeboy was fiddling with his ear waiting for his assassins to arrive.

Hodari does not seem alarmed with what the Krakoans are asking and aiming for. Why? Because in their own ways, every nation does the same.

Reposting because...the truth shall set them free!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Wakanda still GOATed.

FYEAH, they did! And rightly so.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I mean status quo is supreme so it’s very likely this master plan won’t work out the way they think. But it’s perfectly in character for Magneto to look and speak that way given everything he knows. Finally realizing that mutants can’t outmuscle humanity his arrogance is back because he now thinks hijacking the global economy is the way his people win. It’s fine to be put off by his tone but narratively I think it makes sense.
    It would be also in-character that he learned from his mistakes for he's not a stupid man.
    He tends to dismiss the aggressiveness he provokes and considers it irrelevant, so sure that he cannot be hated more…
    He also tends to rely heavily on power and strength thinking there's nothing more that could make a difference.
    Also, he's a loner at heart and never learnt to make long-term meaningful connections. (Well, Xavier is an exception…)
    So is he the best person to judge people's reactions? To lead 'his' people? To make war, yes but peace?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    ...was anyone initially concerned that Xeno might have 'spiked' the food, as they did with Xavier's drink in XF 01? (Though I am sure that after that scenario, the mutant leaders would be very wary of what they ate and from whom).
    i was quite surprised that Magneto was woofing it down, given his general paranoia.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    i was quite surprised that Magneto was woofing it down, given his general paranoia.
    IKR!?
    I was like...Dude, noooo!
    LOL

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    He was hungry. Probably sick of Krakoa lettuce.
    "Cable was right!"

Fantastic Member

this was a great issue but would apocalypse really wear a suit and tie for this? that part's really hard to believe.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tunasammiches View Post
    this was a great issue but would apocalypse really wear a suit and tie for this? that part's really hard to believe.
    As Cypher once said Xavier has changed all the rules

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    He was hungry. Probably sick of Krakoa lettuce.
    but Broccoli Kid is pooping out gourmet dishes on the daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunasammiches View Post
    he wore an even more formal outfit to meet the Hellfire Club when he met Nathaniel Essex.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Likewise.
    With blessings of Health, Happiness, Laughter and Love in abundance to you and yours.
    So Mote it Be!
    Much appreciated friend, and all the very best to you and yours. Krakoa, forever!

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Forgot to compliment it before, but it was brilliant having Xavier delivering the lines about still believing the dream and loving humanity without the helmet. It's a nice aesthetic choice having him with his face under the X, as the face of Krakoa, because he looks sinister and less predictable. But when he's professing his faith in his dream, he's still Charles Xavier and it's shown on page. A really cool touch for that moment. Can't help but praise it.
    Agreed. He wanted to be sure they saw his eyes when he said what he said.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!