Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post

Lets face it. The Boys are the shot callers. The only character who can get on their level atm is Moira, and I think she will eventually assert herself when things go to ****. I can't w8 for her to meet Apocalypse in the current timeline. I bet Apocalypse will give her power like he did in her previous life. It will be gr8.
    I am eagerly anticipating this as well. I want it to be all sorts of AWESOME!!!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Mighty Member

Xavier and Magneto are primarily the ones responsible for the nation of Krakoa's existence. Yes they got info from Moira but they did the heavy lifting so of course they would hold a lot of power on Karkoa. So what if they and Apocalypse go to a meeting, who cares? Besides if it was all women that went to the summit would anyone have a problem, I suspect not.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post

Lets face it. The Boys are the shot callers. The only character who can get on their level atm is Moira, and I think she will eventually assert herself when things go to ****. I can't w8 for her to meet Apocalypse in the current timeline. I bet Apocalypse will give her power like he did in her previous life. It will be gr8.
    I wonder if A and Moira did have a romance or not.
    I hope we find out

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    I hope •|Ä|•‘s tailor is paid well.
    Lol Apocalypse is a jumbo. You are funny. Lot of people in here are so much serious like hell.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I wonder if A and Moira did have a romance or not.
    I hope we find out
    Moira and Apocalypse did make out in the cover. Don't expect them to show this explicitly XD

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop_ View Post
    Lol Apocalypse is a jumbo. You are funny. Lot of people in here are so much serious like hell.
    Speaking of whom...
    Jumbo Carnation is setting my Zaddies on LIT!!!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Yeah, I don't get how Apocalypse is here before Jean, Ororo, and Emma. Apocalypse - the biggest villain on Krakoa and on the Quiet Council.
    Apocalypse is one of the main characters of this run. And I guess they want to show the mutants are united, good and bad.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I would have taken any female, why not mystique if it was a power move, the world knows of mystique. And it kind of feels like "Well if people are going to say a man can't write a female well let's have that man not write any females so it can be good." Whch really makes no sense to me. It's about the world stage, if mutants are trying to present themselves as something different being another D club on the world stage doesn't do much. But that's just my opinion, no need for me to continue to beat a dead horse because at the end of the day "It's a man's world..." and i say that with all the ironic sadness a male can muster up. *shrugs*
    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    There has? I have actually been pretty lax on this but when it comes to HOX and POX all the decisions where being made by men. Yes Moira is a figure head but i didn't see a single female making any prominent decisions for the future of mutantkind on panel during HOX and POX, not a single one. Even Emma who was brought in early was given a directive from Xavier with Magneto standing tall. It was also the fathers of Krakoa that were over watching as everyone celebrated their triumph. So idk, that kind of reaching to just a female presence is enough and ignore the actual issue seems kind of petty.
    All this run is centered on the actions of a woman, that has also been profoundly retconnetted to be in that position. If this woman ceased to exist everything would literally fall apart. Hickman worked with what he had, when Moira machinations started Xavier and Magneto were all she had available, the other characters were teenagers. Despite that he managed to put a woman in the centre that also had enough history in the franchising to have weight and make sense.

The economy Krakoa thrives on and that’s the foundation of all its bargaining power with other nations is managed by a company that has two women in leadership positions out of three (Emma and Kate). When Magneto and Xavier asked for Emma’s help the scene was written so that it was clear who she was dominating the transaction. Same for Shaw and Kate.

Two out of three of the minds of their intelligence/spy force are women too, Jean and Sage.

Together with Magneto and Xavier Apocalypse is the only other historical mutant leader, so it makes sense for them to be the head of the council. Moira could have had that place obviously but the story dictates she must stay in the shadows, everyone else can be killed, and resurrected or not their plan could continue, but not her. It’s not that Apocalypse is a better character than Jean or Storm, but he is the character that makes more sense to be in that position.

Again, Hickman worked with the back history and the characters he had, and he has still put women front and center in very strategic positions. Usually the Ministry of Ecomomic Affairs and the Secret services are two of the most powerful if not the most powerful areas of any government, and the Krakoa equivalent are headed by women.

This issue is probably more about representation than powers, so it features the elders of the mutants. And it’s one issue against a whole tapestry that has women at the centre of everything or in positions of power, it only makes men look more important than women if taken totally out of context.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Cyclops and Magneto had a moment.
    Xavier: I would thank you to stop flirting with my surrogate son right in front of me.
    Magneto: Oh please, he's not your real son, but I can certainly be his daddy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Xavier and Magneto are primarily the ones responsible for the nation of Krakoa's existence. Yes they got info from Moira but they did the heavy lifting so of course they would hold a lot of power on Karkoa. So what if they and Apocalypse go to a meeting, who cares? Besides if it was all women that went to the summit would anyone have a problem, I suspect not.
    You'd probably suspect incorrectly, given the reaction anytime minorities and women are given huge prominence in genre stuff, whether Marvel, Star Wars, etc.

Besides, you would never have to worry about the women being the primary focus, just like there is no worry about a black X-Man getting lasting attention.

Lastly, saying that a woman should be present is not the same as saying that there should be no men.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Gorgon's a scary mother******
    I know very little about Gorgon. He scares me indeed.

Great preview. Very much looking forward to this.
    Last edited by JB; 12-27-2019 at 02:03 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Storm, Jean, Mystique or Emma would never have the same impact as Xavier walking as an equal with the dude who's all about culling the weak and threatened to destroy the world multiple times. Apocalypse going along with all this is more of a statement than including most of the women in the QC, simply because of his history.

I admit Apocalypse is one of the last person I would choose to go to the forum. He is an expert in war, history, magic now a days. Economics? Ehh

Emma Frost or Shaw makes more sense, but did you see the cover of the issue? He looks so cool suited up. I can't hate on him. Just having him stand in the background will make whatever Xavier has to say be taken a lot more seriously.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I know very little about Gorgon. He scares me indeed.

Great preview. Very much looking forward to this.
    Logan killed him. He ain’t that scary.

To be fair, though, Gorgon had his Hand lackeys help him kill Logan first, and resurrected him as a Hand assassin. Then Logan took on his whole death cult solo and killed them, and Gorgon, in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I was going to say something to this effect, though not quite as delicate but...I don't want to be banned a third time. (although, I have to say...not having access to the fora was quite...invigorating, I may try deliberate sabbaticals more often).
    Now we truly are besties! I enjoyed the bowels of Krakoa as well.

Regarding the topic at hand, all I know is that Hickman views Emma as the most powerful mutant on Krakoa. With her delivery system, the only thing keeping Krakoa recognized right now, I agree.

Go get 'em boys!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Preview looks awesome, and I'm loving seeing Gorgon get his badass on.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel