Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

If I have one complain about this issue and Hickman's run, it's that I'm waiting for someone to finally point out some big problems with Krakoa's current politics and worldview. Magnet's speech about humanity periodically destroying itself was nice, but it was biased by Western-centrism, something that should be pointed out by at least Chinese ambassador.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Human fools!

So I wonder if these representatives were acting on their own with this plan to attack the Krakoans. Or if elements in their governments were aware?
    Pretty sure it was the US representative acting unilaterally, he even got called on it by one of the other reps. Also brilliant issue.

Human fools!

So I wonder if these representatives were acting on their own with this plan to attack the Krakoans. Or if elements in their governments were aware?
    I believe it was only Reilly Marshall who was attempting an attack, probably with whatever mysteriously organization he’s apart of. He was in HoX #1 too, and carried a gun to his visit on Krakoa. I initially thought he was on ORCHIS but I’m starting to wonder if he may be a part of XENO.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Haha, and don't forget that Erik, Charles, Apocalypse, Scott, and Gorgon just made the best dressed men of 2020 list in one comic book, that's important! I don't even think Scott and Gorgon got their suits dirty in the fight!

I loved Magneto's, we aren't going to go to war with you, we are just going to buy you! You love selling yourselves to rich people, so now you can sell yourselves to us because that's the system you created with your corrupt and greedy capitalist society and we are just going to use it to take you over Economically until you have to rely on us for everything!
    As far as I know capitalism includes laws against monopoly. Magneto is proposing a House of M like Society.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I believe it was only Reilly Marshall who was attempting an attack, probably with whatever mysteriously organization he’s apart of. He was in HoX #1 too, and carried a gun to his visit on Krakoa. I initially thought he was on ORCHIS but I’m starting to wonder if he may be a part of XENO.
    Oh snap, I didn't put that together! Very good, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    Pretty sure it was the US representative acting unilaterally, he even got called on it by one of the other reps. Also brilliant issue.
    Absolutely right, thank you. I think I missed it because I was watching Erik's lips move.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestin View Post
    If I have one complain about this issue and Hickman's run, it's that I'm waiting for someone to finally point out some big problems with Krakoa's current politics and worldview. Magnet's speech about humanity periodically destroying itself was nice, but it was biased by Western-centrism, something that should be pointed out by at least Chinese ambassador.
    I'm not surprised by Magneto's ignorance. Also the diplomacy team having two supremacists and a literal nazi as a bodyguard is not a good look

It reads like Hickman is only comfortable when writting issues about geopolitical, philosophy and other larger themes that affect nations, groups, worlds. When it comes to more interpersonal issues it gets harder. Authors like Majorie Liu, Tom Taylor and Kelly Thompson handles this so much better. Not to say they can't do Hickman stories or that Hickman's strengths are diminished because of this.

Overall I loved this issue. When Hickman goes for these more complex idéas and bigger themes it's beautiful. I get inspired and want to check out his quotes. Not to say that he is in anyway reinventing the wheel here but he is presenting it all toghether in a compelling read.

Magneto more then any other character seems to fit Hickman like a glove. Maybe it's because he is written as smart, wellread man with an agenda. We all know Magnetos stances over the years. Some have been retconned and some have been watered down to make him useable in a broader sense. Overall the ideas of the man still are largely defined. This works well for Hickman, he uses him to great effect in his Krakoan plot. Xavier is a bit trickier seeing that Hickman can't compromisse to much on the belfiefs of the man without alienating most of X-men readers. At least this has been the truth before. Maybe the readers have, as the world has, changed. With this issue I think he navigated skillfully aroudn Xavier and those issues. With the promise that this will be explored further on as the plot advances. I still have great faith Hickman will use these contradictions and differences in what Xavier used to stand for and what he is pushing now to further the story.

Apocalypse is perhaps more subdued then I expected. Maybe he considers these events bellow him and only agreed to attend for Krakoas sake.

More of this and less of whatever experiment he pursued in issue 3. I want Hickman steering this era and giving us issues like this to further explore his central themes. Let other writers do what Hickman can't. Just maybe hire some new writers who doesn't think like him. Let some editor handle the differences and Hickman that the plot works in the larger narrative.

BANNED

Thank you, friend!

Outstanding. Erik, Charles, and •-[A]-• are kings. Scott and Tomi are the security guards we deserve.

All invited to this "summit" to be killed, and it got turned around on the humans. They actually thought they had the leaders of Krakoa. Wrong.

Brilliant how Hickman, through Erik, painted the picture of how things are today. Less hot wars, more hybrid 4D wars with sanctions, financial influence, etc. In fact, it's very reminiscent of the gay movement - the ones that came before us began by fighting for their lives on the streets until they grew financially powerful and influential. That's what turned the tide and made governments take notice and started the slow roll of acceptance. Brilliant.

I LOVED that Charles made it clear that he still believes in humans. He still loves them. Still believes in the dream. But they won't be pushed any further.

I stand with the leaders of Krakoa and will no longer debate with those that dislike or disagree with the status quo that is Krakoa...

I wouldn’t compare it. There is a difference between using political influence to equality for an oppressed group and creating a select group that wants to taker over everything.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    I wouldn’t compare it. There is a difference between using political influence to equality for an oppressed group and creating a select group that wants to taker over everything.
    That's what the Krakoans are doing. Charles made it clear that the dream is alive, but evolved.
    And they can't take over anything if the humans don't accept their money. But they will because they love it.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Luckily we do not live right now in a time where there are monopolies in possession of few extremely rich people who decide the fate of the world.

Yes, luckily...

BANNED

That's what the Krakoans are doing. Charles made it clear that the dream is alive, but evolved.
    And they can't take over anything if the humans don't accept their money. But they will because they love it.
    They have created a government, their own society. The only thing they should influence should be things related with mutant bigotry. The statement that they would select the people who have access to the institutions and the banks means that they would have control over economy, defense, etc.

And with a Quien Council full of Nazis and corrupts, they are not a better option than a human governments .

Not by superpowered ones at least

Another Dawn of X comic comes out, another theory dies. Now we know the fabled Krakoa v. Wakanda war isn’t happening. Noticed the representative, Hodari, is actually from Coates’ run. Also noticed that he was the only representative that Magneto smiled at. Aw

This was very good, more of this please.