Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    A politician saying that is just ridiculous. Like it is needed to be said. Politicians don't go around to please people: they have an agenda. You don't meet them without knowing what it is. And they don't meet you without knowing what is yours. These things are prepared.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The oldest book I remember that had data pages was G.I.Joe but it was a combination of art and text.
    "Cable was right!"

Well I'm just happy that Hickman has moved the discussions from featzzz and wondering about how many panels will Storm last before she gets knocked out today to people complaining about extra content and wordbuilding

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Well I'm just happy that Hickman has moved the discussions from featzzz and wondering about how many panels will Storm last before she gets knocked out today to people complaining about extra content and wordbuilding
    Yeah RIP 2017 -2019
    "Cable was right!"

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

Okay Charles. But take care that your profession of love for humanity has not been altered to become akin to that of Apollo in the "Star Trek" TOS Season 2 Episode "Who Mourns for Adonais?"

Attached here is a passage from my well-worn copy of "The Best of the Best of TREK," turned to a TREK magazine article by Walter Irwin ("Love in Star Trek"), a portion of which brings up "Adonais?" and an interpretation of the "love" Apollo (Michael Forest) offered his ancient Greek worshipers and professed to give Kirk and the Enterprise crew.

IMG_20200102_205741.jpg

...it was not truly love he offered, but instead the kind of condescending protectiveness one would give to a likable but not particularly important or intelligent pet...but I guess that sums up Marvel humanity now. And I'm suffering again.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Loved this issue. Definitely one of the best X-books to come out since House of X/Powers of X.

Apocalypse, Magneto, and Xavier owned the room. They laid their intentions, goals, and ambitions out on the table. They also used methods that felt typical of what other countries had been doing for centuries. They're not reinventing the concept of a nation. They're just adapting to their environment, as all living things do, and finding a way to thrive. That moment when Xavier took off the helmet was the best in that it still left room for idealism. I think that needs to remain in some form in the X-book, but their approach needs to evolve. That's exactly what it's doing and the results have been incredible to watch.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    ...it was not truly love he offered, but instead the kind of condescending protectiveness one would give to a likable but not particularly important or intelligent pet...but I guess that sums up Marvel humanity now. And I'm suffering again.
    Funny, it was more or less what he said about his son, David in the Ultimateverse…
    But, for me, Charles Xavier wasn't that but an intellectual, a thinker that had a sensitive heart hidden beneath a calm exterior. Well, it was before Hickman…
    Comics is a graphic medium: you must show something to know there's a something.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I liked this issue although I felt the speechifying was slightly too pompous

And Apocalypse completely contradicted what Erik and Xavier were trying to say lol.

The stuff with Cyke and Gorgon neutralizing the teams was ok but pretty mundane, that happens in tons of books.

I have to agree with folks thinking Erik's speech was a BIT over the top, to be honest I felt the mutants came off way aggressive during this encounter with the human reps. Not super insanely diabolical but... too aggressive.
    one of the people they were meeting had arranged their murders. too aggressive?

mutants have their own language that is telepathically imprinted upon their birth. maybe they should do the same with self defense (training with guns, as well). should there be a mutant martial art? they've already encountered the power dampeners. might be time to really prepare for them.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    A politician saying that is just ridiculous. Like it is needed to be said. Politicians don't go around to please people: they have an agenda. You don't meet them without knowing what it is. And they don't meet you without knowing what is yours. These things are prepared.
    That's not true! Some politicians really do care.

Anyway, enough with the jokes.

What you are leaving out though is that if you do these "political" things realistically this issues would've been 24 issues long and it would be boring as heck. I'm glad they sped it up however unrealistically.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    He was just being honest and the least reactionary in the room lol. Wakanda more than any country at the conference probably knew the drugs were about gaining leverage so his presence was about getting a better idea of scope.

Everyone else’s position for the most part seemed clear going into the meeting. The representatives are hesitant about ceding control of their economies to Krakoa and Krakoa wants to move full steam ahead with gaining control. This was more or less confirmation of what the humans always feared minus the war.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Loved this issue. Definitely one of the best X-books to come out since House of X/Powers of X.

Apocalypse, Magneto, and Xavier owned the room. They laid their intentions, goals, and ambitions out on the table. They also used methods that felt typical of what other countries had been doing for centuries. They're not reinventing the concept of a nation. They're just adapting to their environment, as all living things do, and finding a way to thrive. That moment when Xavier took off the helmet was the best in that it still left room for idealism. I think that needs to remain in some form in the X-book, but their approach needs to evolve. That's exactly what it's doing and the results have been incredible to watch.
    Well, I agree that as off this issue it is surely improving a lot compared to issues 2 and 3. Let's hope it continues to be as good in the following issues. It looks promising.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Here we have a sequel to the story they were telling us with HoX/PoX.

Magneto being the spokesman of Krakoa is directly connect to the meeting he had with ambassadors in Israel in HoX #1.

Actually, Krakoa looks even more a analogy to Israel now. With the speech about not all humans attacking mutants but not condemning the acts of the ones that do it. Sounds like criticism that muslins receive.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    I love how Magneto was genuinely angry when he got called out for quoting a human because there aren’t any famous mutant authors. Then he’s like “Bu-but there will be! Eventually....at some point...”

Yeah, okay, buddy.
    that's how you read that scene? interesting. it's not just mutants who were out of the running when the waspy patriarchy were deciding what literature would be considered 'classic.'

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

OMGODDESS!!!
    This issue was absolutely PERFECT in every way, imaginable.
    It addressed nearly all the major "concerns" the skeptical readership had espoused since PoX ended and DoX began (and yet, the fanbase being what it is...I know it will never be enough or even comprehensible)
    Whatever...not my concern.

10/10 and a whole galaxy of stars!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!