Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    And my point is that mutants live in a world that hates them, so acting like it was odd the are no "famous" mutant writers comes off as wrong.
    So do non-whites and queers and yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Kurt Vonnegut was a Mutant
    GrindrStone(D)

yep. Can even add women

And yet there are so many famous gay, black, female etc. writers but mutants don’t even have one. I doubt the next literary genius is on Krakoa.
    yeah, minority grest writers got published. Mutants doesn't need to have this excuse. That was so funny, less ego Magneto

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Control… control… Magneto believed he had control on Genosha… didn't turn to be as well as he thought.
    At least, for a while, he spoke more humbly…

Ceding control of their economies? Declaring war would be even clearer.
    More of a cold war

I would like to see if they would really change things for better for all humans or just a capitalist empire 2.0
    Last edited by spirit2011; 01-02-2020 at 09:54 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

...was anyone initially concerned that Xeno might have 'spiked' the food, as they did with Xavier's drink in XF 01? (Though I am sure that after that scenario, the mutant leaders would be very wary of what they ate and from whom).
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

...and how about Wakanda being...well, Wakanda. Loved Hodari's response.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

...and there were two women at that table. Granted they were human but...clearly HiX-Man recognises that women in powerful and important positions do exist.

I think with this issue X-men finally settled into what it is and for anyone to read it, you have to temper exceptions and enjoy it for what it is and not for what its not. Its not a team book and its not a traditionally X-men title. Its supplementary to all the other titles in the line and where most of the world building for the new status quo occurs. With that in mind, story arcs dont necessarily work. This feels more like an X-men Unlimited like title, but I feel its not bc that label would make it easy to ignore as oppose to seemingly being the flagship book. Im still not a fan of it but Hickman is accomplishing his goal with this

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Control… control… Magneto believed he had control on Genosha… didn't turn to be as well as he thought.
    At least, for a while, he spoke more humbly…

Ceding control of their economies? Declaring war would be even clearer.
    I mean status quo is supreme so it’s very likely this master plan won’t work out the way they think. But it’s perfectly in character for Magneto to look and speak that way given everything he knows. Finally realizing that mutants can’t outmuscle humanity his arrogance is back because he now thinks hijacking the global economy is the way his people win. It’s fine to be put off by his tone but narratively I think it makes sense.

I agree with you there. I think it would have been cool if Magneto was like “Actually, Chekhov and Schopenhauer were mutants” or something.
    Now we're talking! That would have been quite lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    ...and how about Cyclops and Gorgon taking out the strike forces singlehandedly and silently? Pure bad-assery!!!
    They got it done! Does it need doing? Then it will be done.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Now we're talking! That would have been quite lovely.

They got it done! Does it need doing? Then it will be done.
    Brother-mine, after this issue I needed doing...it was ALL THAT. LOL

...was anyone initially concerned that Xeno might have 'spiked' the food, as they did with Xavier's drink in XF 01? (Though I am sure that after that scenario, the mutant leaders would be very wary of what they ate and from whom).
    I thought the same thing. I half expected Erik at the end to spit out all the dangerous metals they tried putting in it, having separated it from the consumable bits. In my head that's what happened!

...and how about Wakanda being...well, Wakanda. Loved Hodari's response.
    Agreed. The conversation between Hodari and Erik gave us much to consider.

Brother-mine, after this issue I needed doing...it was ALL THAT. LOL
    Haha YES Happy New Year!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    He was just being honest and the least reactionary in the room lol. Wakanda more than any country at the conference probably knew the drugs were about gaining leverage so his presence was about getting a better idea of scope.

Everyone else’s position for the most part seemed clear going into the meeting. The representatives are hesitant about ceding control of their economies to Krakoa and Krakoa wants to move full steam ahead with gaining control. This was more or less confirmation of what the humans always feared minus the war.
    Exactly this! What’s even funnier about Hodari’s position is that it’s said in S1 of Coates’ Black Panther that some Wakandans have thought of themselves as another race entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Haha YES Happy New Year!

Likewise.
    With blessings of Health, Happiness, Laughter and Love in abundance to you and yours.
    So Mote it Be!

BANNED

Forgot to compliment it before, but it was brilliant having Xavier delivering the lines about still believing the dream and loving humanity without the helmet. It's a nice aesthetic choice having him with his face under the X, as the face of Krakoa, because he looks sinister and less predictable. But when he's professing his faith in his dream, he's still Charles Xavier and it's shown on page. A really cool touch for that moment. Can't help but praise it.