Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    he also said issue #3 was good, and it was really bad

this is not how diplomacy works. Krakoa doubling down on bad guys
    ? A new nation showing that their not to be bullied and have the firepower to defend themselves is not how diplomacy works?
    Last edited by loke13; 12-27-2019 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post
    On the topic of sexism, keep in mind that if the group sent to represent Krakoa was Emma, Jean and Storm backed up by Laura(X-23) and Kwannon(Psylocke), the same people labeling sexism over an all-male group would likely be talking abut how great it was having an all-female group there...
    This is like the opposite situation but women aren't often in power position on comics, so not the same.
    Also no one is arguing for all women on this

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    ? A new nation showing that their not to be bullied and have the firepower to defend themselves is not how diplomacy works?
    Going with 2 dangerous villains isn't diplomacy

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    This is just my opinion but I don't quite consider the Davos meetings to be in the same line as say United Nations meetings. Davos has celebrities and others that aren't directly linked to governments. It's mostly boys flexing their money and has been that way for a long time. It's "informal". Emma was at the United Nations vote which I feel was way more important.
    there is nothing informal on Davos. it's a very important nation meeting to close economic deals
    Last edited by spirit2011; 12-27-2019 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    This preview is great they all look very good in suits and I still can`t believe they brought "Apocalypse" to a world summit XD. I get the sense that it was Magneto the one in charge of telling apocalyse he needed to dress for the ocassion, he`s Krakoa`s ambassador after all.

About the sexism issue I don`t think it`s a fair observation, after all we got to see Emma meeting with Charles during to vote to admit Krakoa as a new nation and she was also in charge of getting sabretooth out of prison, all this was done under Hickman`s pen. This time I get the sense that Xavier wants to formally introduce Magneto and Apocalypse as official members of his goverment to the world at large and it serves the purpose of showing the kind of strenght they can bring if push comes to shove. Storm, Jean and Emma already are well recognized members of the superhuman community, their presence would not have the same impact than Apocalypse, Magneto and Gorgon.
    Agreed. It’s a flex on Xavier’s part too. How many times have Mags and Apoc taken over or nearly taken over the world? When people think “scary, powerful mutant,” IMO these two probably come to mind. Now Xavier has them in suits unified with him. Sorry but Jean, Storm, and the like don’t have that pull. Emma does and maybe Selene, but how well known is she to the human public? Xavier isn’t playing nice anymore so the others wouldn’t make much sense if they accompanied him.

I donÂ’t think people would be happy with any line up Hickman would use. Anyway, the scariest character Hickman has written in PoX/HoX is Moira. SheÂ’s the most intelligent. She knows how to manipulate the big 3. She woke Apoc at one point and watched him kill Xavier and Mags and the Avengers. It was all just means to an end with her. She still has her secrets too.

These are the characters Hickman has to work with. The only character he changed is Moira. IÂ’d bring the two people that can singlehandedly wreck the Avengers and the military with me as well. Emma and Selene would work as well.

Astonishing Member

This is like the opposite situation but women aren't often in power position on comics, so not the same.
    Also no one is arguing for all women on this

Going with 2 dangerous villains isn't diplomacy

there is nothing informal on Davos. it's a very important nation meeting to close economic deals
    It's called theatrics. Obviously the presence of A and Mag wasn't enough to disqualify them from an invitation to this summit so I'm not sure why you think Xavier would bring these two along if he thought it would hurt the future of Krakoa? The fact is thanks to the Krakoan drugs tge mutants have a powerful position on the world stage now.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Question: how do y'all even know Raven ISN'T there?

:Tapping forehead and nodding:

More serious response: Yes I noted the big 3 were male and their guards were too. But...

We knew Xavier/Erik/Nur were 3 members of the "main season" on the Council. We knew they'd be the ones to show up to the meeting during this arc.

As for Cyke/Gorgon they're captains of Krakoa, and this is essentially a "the adventures of Scott Summers and co." book after all. And this will be Gorgon's absolute first appearance in ANY Dawn of X book so far despite being named a Krakoan Captain early on. I think he's due it.

So yeah I can understand the "optics are poor" of all 5 being male but :shrug: there are reasons behind it and as others have noted, there are plenty of prominent female characters in the books as a whole. Shaw is being bullied and dommed more or less in Marauders if that makes you feel better
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 12-27-2019 at 07:55 PM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
    Agreed. It’s a flex on Xavier’s part too. How many times have Mags and Apoc taken over or nearly taken over the world? When people think “scary, powerful mutant,” IMO these two probably come to mind. Now Xavier has them in suits unified with him. Sorry but Jean, Storm, and the like don’t have that pull. Emma does and maybe Selene, but how well known is she to the human public? Xavier isn’t playing nice anymore so the others wouldn’t make much sense if they accompanied him.
    This is supposed to happen after Xavier was recently killed in his own home, imo he`s learning that being the head of school and superhero team is way different than being the head of a country. especially one composed of ppl who had a history of persecution, that`s the reason why Magneto gifted him the literal "Sword of Damocles" for him to remember that. Magneto has been there and knows that even the fear he invokes isn`t enough to keep a country safe, he tried and failed badly and he trust this time it will be different but Xavier needs to remember that, if he`s going to play at the world stage, he better learns quickly.

IMO Emma is largely seen as an X-Man so I would expect her to be seen as heroic enough to play safe and by the rules, same with Jean and Storm who even used to be Queen of Wakanda. The same cannot be said for Apocalyse and Magneto. Selene could work as a veiled threat as well, her only problem is that not a lot of ppl know about her.

I donÂ’t think people would be happy with any line up Hickman would use. Anyway, the scariest character Hickman has written in PoX/HoX is Moira. SheÂ’s the most intelligent. She knows how to manipulate the big 3. She woke Apoc at one point and watched him kill Xavier and Mags and the Avengers. It was all just means to an end with her. She still has her secrets too.
    I would just like to see more of Moira, the old Moira had potential for all that imo she was really well done lest hope she does something else in the future. Also if she wasn`t dead a diplomatic meeting is the perfect place to see Gabrielle Haller again, I would love her to see her meeting this group as a diplomatic XD.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 12-27-2019 at 08:11 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    It's called theatrics. Obviously the presence of A and Mag wasn't enough to disqualify them from an invitation to this summit so I'm not sure why you think Xavier would bring these two along if he thought it would hurt the future of Krakoa? The fact is thanks to the Krakoan drugs tge mutants have a powerful position on the world stage now.
    Charles and Magneto are way over their head with lots of arrogance.

Charles and Magneto are way over their head with lots of arrogance.
    They ARE arrogant but thanks to Moira and their own experience they are more aware of the future danger surrounding Krakoa or any mutant nation they built, but who knows if this will lead to them making better or worse choices, that`s the story I think Hickman is writting. For them this is it, them bringing the entire mutant community together is their best and last shot of a future for mutants where they are not killed off or send to a prison camp. They know this but the other groups in this meeting don`t know it, in their strenght they want to hide this weakness and overcome their apparent destiny, and I would just like to see how the other groups and nations like the Avengers, Wakanda, Latveria, FF4 in the MU react when they meet them.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 12-27-2019 at 08:31 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    They ARE arrogant but thanks to Moira and their own experience they are more aware of the future danger surrounding Krakoa or any mutant nation they built, but who knows if this will lead to them making better or worse choices, that`s the story I think Hickman is writting. For them this is it, them bringing the entire mutant community together is their best and last shot of a future for mutants. They know this but the other groups in this meeting don`t know it, in their strenght they want to hide this weakness and I would just like to see other groups and nations like the Avengers, Wakanda, Latveria, FF4 in the MU meeting them.
    Either you’re my spirit animal or I’m your spirit animal.

People seem to forget Xavier and Mags have seen the many lives of Moira X. They’ve always been arrogant and I think they’re doing what they think is best without hidden agendas. Not sure we can say that about too many of the other characters. Especially that bad—-rd Essex. Love to hate him, but he’d be bunkmates with Creed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
    Either you’re my spirit animal or I’m your spirit animal.
    Thanks I hink is a little of both

People seem to forget Xavier and Mags have seen the many lives of Moira X. They’ve always been arrogant and I think they’re doing what they think is best without hidden agendas. Not sure we can say that about too many of the other characters. Especially that bad—-rd Essex. Love to hate him, but he’d be bunkmates with Creed
    Exactly. They are coming from this pov and of course everyone else who used to know them with the exception of the X-men will think they have gone crazy but really they are just hoping to avoid a dissarter for their ppl by uniting ALL of mutantkind, this was also Moira X idea in her last life, this was quite clear at the end of HOX/POX.

Only Magneto and Xavier know so far but they are planning of telling others like Scott, Emma, Jean etc.

My guess is that they are just waiting Essex to fail to keep quiet and then send him with Creed as you said They no longer need him and his access to mutant DNA is plain dangerous for everybody.

I’m glad two of the five shown are at least men of color, but I agree that the lack of X-Women (specifically mutant WOC) should at least be discussed.
    Last edited by Tycon; 12-27-2019 at 09:34 PM.

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I’m glad two of the five shown are at least men of color, but I agree that the lack of X-Women (specifically mutant WOC) should at least be discussed.
    If it was all women going it would be praised. Nobody complained when they had an all female X-Men book several years ago. Women are being represented fine. Let Hickman write his stories without you projecting.
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars

Quote Originally Posted by The Jeeper 2.0 View Post
    If it was all women going it would be praised. Nobody complained when they had an all female X-Men book several years ago. Women are being represented fine. Let Hickman write his stories without you projecting.
    Lots of people complained. Because that’s what happens. An all women-led book shouldn’t be getting the same complaints because there hasn’t been a 75+ year publication history of relegating men to only being tokens for female-driven stories. No one is projecting (what are you even talking about?), just enjoying the story and critiquing things that need to be talked about. So like I said, more representation for men and women of color, not just white women. That said, I’m loving Hickman’s run and will continue to.

Everyone knows that the female x-men are the bad asses of the x-universe. I don't think one issue of Apoc/Mags/Xavier is an issue.

It's also just like a few pages.

Mighty Member

All the women X-men are the most powerful. Like at least 90% of them are more powerful than the male members. One issue with all men isn’t going to destroy what’s getting set up. I think of Jean as the head of X-force. Also her and Xavier should never be in public together because it’s them that are replacing the memories in the resurrection process. Storm is probably busy with the Marauders. We don’t know if Mystique is there or not. Magic is in space.

We just saw the golden girls with green thumbs take the x-men down last issue.

Excalibur, Fallen Angels, Marauders and X-force seem to be all female driven so I think this one issue (3 preview pages) isn’t going to tarnish the new direction.