Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Very good point. If Curt Connors could find Stephen Strange and ask him about the souls of his "reanimated" family, why couldn't Tony do the same?
    Exactly. Especially since Tony and Strange have grown closer over the years.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Very good point. If Curt Connors could find Stephen Strange and ask him about the souls of his "reanimated" family, why couldn't Tony do the same?
    I don't know why writers don't think of these things when doing these stories.

I'm just tired of clones in general. But hey, have at it.. Forget it, Jake, it's comics....

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, the same thing would apply to Peter Parker as well, due to what happened in Superior Spider-Man. And of course, any X-Men resurrected by the Five on Krakoa.
    Kinda wondered about that myself. Always found it a bit funny that Slott intended Peter (and current Doc Ock, for that matter) to be the real deal while saying that current Tony Stark is a copy of the original, despite doing the exact same thing that Peter and Ock did. Maybe Slott had rational behind this (e.g. different stories with different purposes), but I still find it funny.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I don't know why writers don't think of these things when doing these stories.
    Because "drama!"

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Kinda wondered about that myself. Always found it a bit funny that Slott intended Peter (and current Doc Ock, for that matter) to be the real deal while saying that current Tony Stark is a copy of the original, despite doing the exact same thing that Peter and Ock did. Maybe Slott had rational behind this (e.g. different stories with different purposes), but I still find it funny.
    Indeed. At the very least, it's rather inconsistent.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I don't want Stark to go to those guys. This is Iron Man's comic, not Doctor Strange's. If there is a problem with souls in Iron Man's book, I want him to solve it by inventing ghostbuster technology, not by going to someone else. I'd be reading those other books if I wanted those other guys to save the day.
    Last edited by MichaelC; 12-29-2019 at 09:17 PM.

BANNED

I think that the existential issues over Iron Man and now the X-Men highlight the problem with Marvel trying to do fantasy and sci-fi at the same time. Codifying the mind as digital information, something that can be copied and moved to other substrates besides the original human brain, would suggest that the soul doesn't exist. Yet Marvel also maintains that the soul is real and this has tangible consequences for their more magically inclined characters. Unless Marvel decides to definitively put an end to one of these extremes, like say a war between the technological and the magical, these headaches will only continue.
    Last edited by Kintor; 12-29-2019 at 10:53 PM.

BANNED

Imagine the robot revolution clashing with the strange academy over some arbitrary issue like magic suddenly disrupting sentient tech all of a sudden causing sentient AIs to die...... prepare for MvsM(Magic vs Machine) where Dr strange clashes with Machine Man in a robotic/supernatural war no one saw coming.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I don't want Stark to go to those guys. This is Iron Man's comic, not Doctor Strange's. If there is a problem with souls in Iron Man's book, I want him to solve it by inventing ghostbuster technology, not by going to someone else. I'd be reading those other books if I wanted those other guys to save the day.
    I could see this. We all know how much Tony doesn’t like to ask for help.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, the same thing would apply to Peter Parker as well, due to what happened in Superior Spider-Man. And of course, any X-Men resurrected by the Five on Krakoa.
    I feel Superior Spider-Man can be written off as a body possession story rather than a Rebirth one.
    "Cable was right!"

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    I think that the existential issues over Iron Man and now the X-Men highlight the problem with Marvel trying to do fantasy and sci-fi at the same time. Codifying the mind as digital information, something that can be copied and moved to other substrates besides the original human brain, would suggest that the soul doesn't exist. Yet Marvel also maintains that the soul is real and this has tangible consequences for their more magically inclined characters. Unless Marvel decides to definitively put an end to one of these extremes, like say a war between the technological and the magical, these headaches will only continue.
    Just like the Marvel replacing the OGs problem we just had, Marvel doing the same story plot in multiple stories at once (Black Widow, Iron Man, X-Men) is the issue.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Yo I remember this girl from a Ms marvel comic called "Essential"

She basically converted herself to data and uploaded to the internet. Now she's a hologram that can go wherever. And she got the tech to do it from a dude named stuart cavenger who uploaded bits of his personality to different androids and also tried uploading himself to the internet.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I could see this. We all know how much Tony doesn’t like to ask for help.
    But as a scientist, science is and should be peer reviewed and he knows Reed Richards and Doctor Strange. Reed might not have an answer to the soul stuff but Stephen Strange was neuro surgeon and would have an answer as it pertains to Tony's brain patterns on some level.

-I wrote more but frankly that's writing for Slott when I know damn well he isn't going to address it or if he does it will be after the fact when he gets it out of his system.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    But as a scientist, science is and should be peer reviewed and he knows Reed Richards and Doctor Strange. Reed might not have an answer to the soul stuff but Stephen Strange was neuro surgeon and would have an answer as it pertains to Tony's brain patterns on some level.

-I wrote more but frankly that's writing for Slott when I know damn well he isn't going to address it or if he does it will be after the fact when he gets it out of his system.
    In the real world, sure. In the contest of an inventor starring in his own comic, I don't care about peer-reviews at all. I want the star of the comic to do the major plot-relevant stuff. In the case of soul-stuff, I want Stark inventing ghostbuster tech rather than calling in Strange to solve his problem for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I feel Superior Spider-Man can be written off as a body possession story rather than a Rebirth one.
    Well, there was a brain-swap, but then the story later ignores that, with the idea Peter was stuck in the recesses of his brain, while Ock was in the driver's seat. Even if we dismiss that, Ock himself resurrected himself with a digital copy, exactly like Iron Man.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)