Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Spec can't come back as Sony own that show, but no longer have the rights to use those characters. They could bring back EMH potentially - DC brought back Young Justice after a decade long hiatus after all. But I think they're more likely to use the animes as a replacement for Avengers Assemble, especially now that the Future Avengers have appeared in the comics.

It's a shame Rising is just one-shots and not an ongoing series, as that cartoon IS decent.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Marvel Animation needs to pick a better style for its shows to be in. Right now, they all look too bland and lack any sort of direction. While I don’t necessarily want it to be Bruce Timm Who does it, I want someone who has a visual flair that can make a good looking show. They need to make designs that can be animated well for the amount of money they spend.

I want a revival for EMH.

There is no other way Janet will be on screen over Hope otherwise

BANNED

Always thought Doctor Strange was a character that was genius for a long running series. He’s capable of going to other Dimensions, Universes, Galaxies or being just on Earth. Vast amount of foes and old and new supporting characters to draw on.

Be dumb not to give Black Panther a series as well to. That animated comic series did well as well as his movie. There’s obviously demand there.

No more forced synergy and cash grabs, but each show has a purpose to exist.
    As long as Marvel has something to promote that's gonna happen to some extent. I wouldn't be surprised if there are already tentative plans for another Avengers cartoon right now since they have all those new properties like The Eternals, Shang-Chi, the Eternal and Moon Knight slated for the coming years.

Compare how DC allows the animation to actually stand on their own versus how Marvel’s only existed to be cheap ads. That’s what I was getting at.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's a shame Rising is just one-shots and not an ongoing series, as that cartoon IS decent.
    I don't think they would be able to keep the animation quality up if they made it a normal cartoon series.

Just compare Marvel's Spider-Man and Black Panthers Quest to the animation in Playing with Fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    Marvel Animation needs to pick a better style for its shows to be in. Right now, they all look too bland and lack any sort of direction. While I don’t necessarily want it to be Bruce Timm Who does it, I want someone who has a visual flair that can make a good looking show. They need to make designs that can be animated well for the amount of money they spend.
    I also think they need to realize that movie designs don't always translate well to animation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I want a revival for EMH.

There is no other way Janet will be on screen over Hope otherwise
    I hope the next time Wasp appears in animation it doesn't feel as forced or bland as Wasp was in Avengers: Secret Wars (where you could tell she was only in there because she was in the movies and not because the writers actually cared about her as a character).
    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    As long as Marvel has something to promote that's gonna happen to some extent. I wouldn't be surprised if there are already tentative plans for another Avengers cartoon right now since they have all those new properties like The Eternals, Shang-Chi, the Eternal and Moon Knight slated for the coming years.
    I am kind of surprised they stealth-canceled Assemble without announcing anything new to replace it since that is usually the go-to modus operandi for major franchises in terms animation.

Like they announce a new Transformers or TMNT cartoon close to when one is about to end, or in the case of Spider-Man with Marvel's Spider-Man being announced during Ultimate Spider-Man's final season.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

With Jeph "cartoons need to be aimed at 5 year olds" Loeb gone I actually have hope that Marvel can put out some good animated series again.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope the next time Wasp appears in animation it doesn't feel as forced or bland as Wasp was in Avengers: Secret Wars (where you could tell she was only in there because she was in the movies and not because the writers actually cared about her as a character).

I am kind of surprised they stealth-canceled Assemble without announcing anything new to replace it since that is usually the go-to modus operandi for major franchises in terms animation.
    Another reason why I suspect the Future Avengers anime - which is already in the can and was dubbed for Asian markets ages ago - could be the replacement. They wouldn't need to announce that until a few weeks before it airs.

As for Wasp, I can see Rising using a comic accurate Nadia (i.e. she has GIRL) at some point.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

While I don’t love his style, Cheeks was a better path to take with Spider-Man than any of the series that followed it. Same goes for the Avengers: Earths Mightest Heroes. The designs were stylized but worked (still not my favorite but it was still better than what followed). They need a proper designer to take over.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    While I don’t love his style, Cheeks was a better path to take with Spider-Man than any of the series that followed it. Same goes for the Avengers: Earths Mightest Heroes. The designs were stylized but worked (still not my favorite but it was still better than what followed). They need a proper designer to take over.
    And stop trying to copy the movie designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And stop trying to copy the movie designs.
    Definitely. Also, don’t go for voice actors that sound like the movie version. Not everything needs to feel like it’s from the same universe. I truly would love to see a Marvel Animated Universe that could stand toe to toe with the DCAU (Timm stuff). Give me a series that explores multiple characters across the Marvel Universe. An episode with Daredevil, Elektra and the Hand (Elektra has never been in any animated Marvel show). Another with She-Hulk and Tigra. Give me something fun and not just an animated version of something we are seeing on the big screens.

Man all this reminds me why I’m glad Loeb and Marvel TV are gone. Now we just need to see if Feige is better with what he greenlights. Shouldn’t be too hard.

it just seems that historically-- well, really, from the 1990s forward- that Marvel-based cartoons have lagged behind DC shows in terms of being allowed to be semi-adult in tone (though still obviously not rated R or even rated PG-15-ish).. it also depended on the network regimes they were dealing with, too. Heck, an episode of the 90s X-Men was allowed to deal with religion head-on, almost unheard of.

I would want to see more direct to video animated films like the ones that DC does like Justice League War, etc. Well, outside of the anime' experiments and the Punisher/Black Widow special, they avoided this.

How well could a Marvel Animated Universe work?

The idea being that Feige launches this project and hires top animated talent to make multiple shows set in the same world with crossovers both big and small. You could start small with Spider-Man, then add in X-Men, the Fantastic Four, and the Avengers, establish the latter three as existing in the Spider-Man show before getting their own series. That's the bare minimum, and in fact you could go further and show some lesser-known sides of the universe. Like with the Arrowverse, there could be the yearly big wide crossover of all shows, but also have smaller-scale crossovers and team-ups in-between the core action and storytelling.

Sounds like something they might do. Feige would definitely see more potential in animation than Loeb. He did produce Wolverine and the X-Men, after all, and with Marvel Animation now a Marvel Studios subsidiary, there's a reason to be excited. Feige might know a thing about making shared universes, the biggest factor is that we must care for the individuals to want to see the world come together.

Thoughts?