Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Another reason why I suspect the Future Avengers anime - which is already in the can and was dubbed for Asian markets ages ago - could be the replacement. They wouldn't need to announce that until a few weeks before it airs.

As for Wasp, I can see Rising using a comic accurate Nadia (i.e. she has GIRL) at some point.

Rising using Nadia and a new Avengers cartoon using Janet while Janet crossovers for an episode or two to introduce Nadia would be perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    How well could a Marvel Animated Universe work?

The idea being that Feige launches this project and hires top animated talent to make multiple shows set in the same world with crossovers both big and small. You could start small with Spider-Man, then add in X-Men, the Fantastic Four, and the Avengers, establish the latter three as existing in the Spider-Man show before getting their own series. That's the bare minimum, and in fact you could go further and show some lesser-known sides of the universe. Like with the Arrowverse, there could be the yearly big wide crossover of all shows, but also have smaller-scale crossovers and team-ups in-between the core action and storytelling.

Sounds like something they might do. Feige would definitely see more potential in animation than Loeb. He did produce Wolverine and the X-Men, after all, and with Marvel Animation now a Marvel Studios subsidiary, there's a reason to be excited. Feige might know a thing about making shared universes, the biggest factor is that we must care for the individuals to want to see the world come together.

Thoughts?
    Hmm.... maybe have Ms. Marvel on the Avengers at the start... but by the end of the first season she's disillusioned, and leaves - setting up a fifth show - Champions. Between the five franchises most of the Marvel heroes would have a potential home.

A new shared animated universe would actually be the fourth one. 90s X-Men, Spider-Man, Iron Man, Fantastic Four, and Incredible Hulk are all one universe, Ultimate Spider-Man, Hulk and the Agents of SMASH, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Avengers Assemble are another, and the current Spider-Man cartoon, Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout, and Avengers: Black Panther's Quest are a third (the latter two soft rebooted, to change which Spidey exists in their continuity).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Funny how only the '90s shared universe is worth watching. The other two? Pass.

I'm very confident for the future of Marvel Animation, not to mention the Disney+ service will give them the perfect platform to make these shows a thing. Action-oriented, story-driven Marvel shows that are on par with DC would be a big selling point for the animated department. I bet Feige and co are having talks about the future behind the scenes regarding what animated shows they'll make since the restructure happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    How well could a Marvel Animated Universe work?

The idea being that Feige launches this project and hires top animated talent to make multiple shows set in the same world with crossovers both big and small. You could start small with Spider-Man, then add in X-Men, the Fantastic Four, and the Avengers, establish the latter three as existing in the Spider-Man show before getting their own series. That's the bare minimum, and in fact you could go further and show some lesser-known sides of the universe. Like with the Arrowverse, there could be the yearly big wide crossover of all shows, but also have smaller-scale crossovers and team-ups in-between the core action and storytelling.

Sounds like something they might do. Feige would definitely see more potential in animation than Loeb. He did produce Wolverine and the X-Men, after all, and with Marvel Animation now a Marvel Studios subsidiary, there's a reason to be excited. Feige might know a thing about making shared universes, the biggest factor is that we must care for the individuals to want to see the world come together.

Thoughts?
    The complete bungling of a shared continuity with the last few Marvel cartoons has completely turned me off the idea of a shared animated Marvel universe.

Just make everything standalone and then go from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Rising using Nadia and a new Avengers cartoon using Janet while Janet crossovers for an episode or two to introduce Nadia would be perfect
    That's definitely preferable to another instance of Hope "It's about darn time" Van Dyne.

Mighty Member

I'm hoping Kid Kaiju gets an animated series.

The kid's powers are fun and his one animated appearance didn't satisfy me enough.

Also, can we get unique artistic directions? The current cartoon series makes everything look bland and homogenous, not helped by the lack of shading. The Moon Girl cartoon seems to be going for the middle school sketchbook look which is a unique and fun style on the eyes. We can dab in multiple styles like a shaded CGI like Armored Adventures or Star Wars Resistance, an anime-esque style like the Gurihiru Power Pack, or an off the walls Looney Tunes style like the recent Spider-Ham appearance in ITSV.
    Last edited by U.N. Owen; 12-29-2019 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    I'm hoping Kid Kaiju gets an animated series.

The kid's powers are fun and his one animated appearance didn't satisfy me enough.
    He was in the Future Avengers anime that got dubbed but was never released overseas.

He knows. He mentioned he'd had an animated appearance already.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

He knows. He mentioned he'd had an animated appearance already.
    Whoops .

Bigdaddy313

If I was the man in charge of Marvel Animation under Marvel Studios, I'll focus on the big three.

Captain America Animated Series.
    Iron Man Animated Series
    Thor Animated Series.

All in the same universe, while also producing Fantastic Four and X-Men Animated shows as well

Those big three would all be one show - Avengers. They should have an Avengers show, an X-Men one, an FF one, a Spider-Man one (with an older Peter for a change), and maybe a Champions one? None of the others would cover the teen heroes.

After Maximum Venom, the current Spider-Man show is done, and I think Rising has been axed as well, we've heard nothing more about it since Playing With Fire's release.

Those big three would all be one show - Avengers. They should have an Avengers show, an X-Men one, an FF one, a Spider-Man one (with an older Peter for a change), and maybe a Champions one? None of the others would cover the teen heroes.

After Maximum Venom, the current Spider-Man show is done, and I think Rising has been axed as well, we've heard nothing more about it since Playing With Fire's release.
    Supposedly a skeleton crew is just working on that pre-school Spider-Man cartoon.

Marvel animated 1966 is still my favorite. Spider-Man 1967 second. X-Men Evolution third. Have the first two complete on DVD. Every now and then when my family is gone I spend the whole day watching them. Jack Kirby’s art is still gorgeous after all these years.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

It is nice that Disney + has all the Marvle cartoons on it now. I have been rewatching The Avengers: Earths Mightiest Heroes and Wolverine and the X-Men the last few weeks. The last two really good shows marvel animation did.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    It is nice that Disney + has all the Marvle cartoons on it now. I have been rewatching The Avengers: Earths Mightiest Heroes and Wolverine and the X-Men the last few weeks. The last two really good shows marvel animation did.
    They still don't have The Spectacular Spider-Man, the MTV cartoon, or the Madhouse Marvel anime's, but there's rumors they might be getting them back since they left Crackle.