Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Venom #21 Spoilers

I am trade waiting Absolute Carnage ,but even with me having not read the previous story in Venom this was a good read to me.
    The story looked quite intriguing,taking place in the island of the third story with Venom and Spider-Man from the 90īs by David Michelinie and Erik Larsen.
    For a reader as me itīs intriguing that this island is in this new story arc in the Venom comic book.
    Mark Bagley art is awesome,just a artist that have a incredible consistent good art in about any comic book i read that he is the penciler.
    Last edited by comicscollector; 12-28-2019 at 12:56 AM.

I loved Eddie's brief interaction with the Avengers, I really liked they recognized the good work he's done, even offering him a place on the team. Along with what happened with Spider-Man in Absolute Carnage, I like that even though things keep getting darker and worse for Venom, that both Brock and the symbiote are getting closer with the rest of the heroes, it's a nice evolution and change of pace for all the characters' interactions.

And then all the stuff with Carnage infecting his brain is really interesting too and I wonder where all that is gonna go now.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I loved Eddie's brief interaction with the Avengers, I really liked they recognized the good work he's done, even offering him a place on the team. Along with what happened with Spider-Man in Absolute Carnage, I like that even though things keep getting darker and worse for Venom, that both Brock and the symbiote are getting closer with the rest of the heroes, it's a nice evolution and change of pace for all the characters' interactions.

And then all the stuff with Carnage infecting his brain is really interesting too and I wonder where all that is gonna go now.
    The She-Hulk and Carol lines felt like a bit much though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The She-Hulk and Carol lines felt like a bit much though.
    If they think he's cute, what's wrong with that?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quick question: I know Cates is taking over Thor, and I’m excited for that as well, but I have to ask: is he staying on Venom? I normally abhor Venom series’, but Cates’ run has really latched on with me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Quick question: I know Cates is taking over Thor, and I’m excited for that as well, but I have to ask: is he staying on Venom? I normally abhor Venom series’, but Cates’ run has really latched on with me.
    He's staying with it.

And good thing, too, because he's kicking so much ass!

New issue was a solid kick-off to Venom Island. Looks like the pace isn't gonna drop at all after Absolute Carnage.

I love how Cates portrays Brock as a truly damaged dude. This guy is a wreck of a human being but yet still doing his best to do the right thing. It was poignant to see him with the Avengers in this issue and see how accepted he's becoming among his peers but that he isn't able to embrace that - not just because he's got some Carnage inside him but because as a person he's kind of a mess.

It'll be interesting to see how much healing, if any, Brock will go through during Cates' run.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Another good issue. Cates hasn’t taken a step wrong so far.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    If they think he's cute, what's wrong with that?
    I guess there's nothing wrong with it in and of itself, but it just felt kind of weird that the only two female Avengers commented on his attractiveness (which is especially out-of-character for Carol in my opinion).

She-Hulk also said it while her current boyfriend (?) was right there, which felt off too.

Knull is headed to earth, so Cates will stick around at least to finish that story. Would guess that would be the "late" Summer Venom event? Venom Island should wrap up in April with issue 25. I believe Stegman is returning to art after that?

Cates has said that he plans up until at least Issue 50, so that will take us into about 4 years, and considering how well the book's been doing, and Cates' relationship with Marvel, he'll basically be on the book as long as he feels like it.

(Also this would be around the same time Spencer's Amazing Spider-Man would be reaching #100 as well.)

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Cates has said that he plans up until at least Issue 50, so that will take us into about 4 years, and considering how well the book's been doing, and Cates' relationship with Marvel, he'll basically be on the book as long as he feels like it.

(Also this would be around the same time Spencer's Amazing Spider-Man would be reaching #100 as well.)
    Venom #50 . . . come to think of it, given the Legacy numbering, that would be Venom #215, which would mean issue 35 would be Venom's 200th issue altogether.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I guess there's nothing wrong with it in and of itself, but it just felt kind of weird that the only two female Avengers commented on his attractiveness (which is especially out-of-character for Carol in my opinion).

She-Hulk also said it while her current boyfriend (?) was right there, which felt off too.
    Feels like a nitpick to me, but okay.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Cates will be on for quite some time, I imagine.
    He hinted that the Venom 2099 will be touched on, which said Knull is still on Earth?
    So maybe they defeat him the first time but somehow still remains on Earth?
    Not to mention we have Ultimate Reed and all his plans that were revealed in the previous issue. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Cates go longer than 50 issues.

Wow!!! What an issue and I can’t wait to see what comes next!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

is she hulk really dating thor I thought it was more of they are just boning each other not taking it serious plus dont females always comment on another male attractiveness even when they have a boyfriend in comics anyway
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy