Super Anime Time: The Timeskip

so I know we all have heard about 5G at this point and i think most people know that it's rumored to supposedly to be accompanied by a timeskip; a trope that is fairly common in anime/manga but is pretty rare in comics (i think there's only ever been 1 in DC's history). So similar to the premise of the 5G replacement thread, let's speculate or propose what we'll see and what we'd like to see if this timeskip occurs. pick a character and share what you think they'd be like after a timeskip. let's say 2-6 years, whenever you prefer within that timeframe.

(i got some ideas but i'll share mine if this thread gets off the ground)
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 12-28-2019 at 01:30 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I can think of two DC has done. The One Year time jump across all books and the Five Years Latter ... time jump the in the Legion of Superheroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I can think of two DC has done. The One Year time jump across all books and the Five Years Latter ... time jump the in the Legion of Superheroes.
    Yeah, One Year later timeskip was the one I was thinking of. I'm not a Legion of Superheroes guy so I didn't know they did a timeskip, you learn something new everyday.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Uhh... let's start by jettisoning Batman Who Laughs somewhere farther than Morrison's Map of The Multiverse so we don't have to see him for a while. It's been too much edge for one year.

Tim Drake as a Looking Glass-esque character working for the GCPD.

Dick is Nemesis II.

Damian is offered by the Shadow to become his successor.

Tiffany or Tamara is Luke's robin. I forgot which one was younger.

Connor is Supernova.

Wallace is a speedster named Defiance.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-28-2019 at 10:26 AM.

The remaining Titans generation is brutally killed off on Didio's order so he can sleep happily, sweet dreams of brutally destroying them.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Tim Drake as a Looking Glass-esque character working for the GCPD.

Dick is Nemesis II.

Damian is offered by the Shadow to become his successor.

Tiffany or Tamara is Luke's robin. I forgot which one was younger.

Connor is Supernova.

Wallace is a speedster named Defiance.
    in my mind I was going with G-force or Force Flash (i swear it makes sense with the very specific direction I was going in) for Wallace but Defiance is such a no-brainer; it's such a perfectly natural progression for Wallace. maybe have his new Defiance costume be inspired by Deathstroke's speedster design to top it off, or straight up take that design but change the mask.

I also like the idea of Tim taking on a Looking Glass/Rorschach/Question-esque detective persona. pretty solid
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 01-04-2020 at 03:31 PM.

currently following:

it's 2020, no other takers?

currently following:

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    it's 2020, no other takers?
    Considering the timeskip, along with some other recent events, are things I do not want, let alone have no interest in, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Considering the timeskip, along with some other recent events, are things I do not want, let alone have no interest in, yeah.
    all the more reason to have some fun with the idea and propose your own vision to make the best of a non-ideal (for you) situation. I mean, working under the impress it's something that's gonna happen, it not like there's anything else you can do besides hope for some good stories to come out of it; besides missing out on DC for however long of course, which is your prerogative.

honestly, no disrespect, but I never understood the philosophy of going out of ones way to go on a thread just to actively not engage with the topic/premise of the thread. I mean it bumps it up so people who might want to discuss it but may have missed it could possibly see, I guess, but why not flex your creative muscles (in this particular case) or skip the thread? that's more of a rhetorical question, I'm not even talking about you necessarily. it's just a thing I've noticed in general on here that I always found kinda weird.

currently following:

Funny thing is I always saw Ezra Miller's take on Barry as closer to Bart than Wally or Barry himself. So I could see an older take on Bart taking cues from him in reverse. It's hard to imagine him having a job or being in school so maybe he's just a hero full time.

Duke, I could see him as a photojournalist or a social worker like his mom.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    all the more reason to have some fun with the idea and propose your own vision to make the best of a non-ideal (for you) situation. I mean, working under the impress it's something that's gonna happen, it not like there's anything else you can do besides hope for some good stories to come out of it; besides missing out on DC for however long of course, which is your prerogative.

honestly, no disrespect, but I never understood the philosophy of going out of ones way to go on a thread just to actively not engage with the topic/premise of the thread. I mean it bumps it up so people who might want to discuss it but may have missed it could possibly see, I guess, but why not flex your creative muscles (in this particular case) or skip the thread? that's more of a rhetorical question, I'm not even talking about you necessarily. it's just a thing I've noticed in general on here that I always found kinda weird.
    To be fair, you asked.

Cassie would probably become an archeologist like her mom but might go in a Lara Croft type direction.

I wanted Tim to go to Ivy University so maybe 6 years down the line he's more in a sci-fi direction. More like the Ted Kord Blue Beetle
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-05-2020 at 02:26 PM.

Alright I’ll try to have some fun with this with a few characters I like
    1. Wonder Woman, having reestablished her history as being a JSA member during WW2 rememberers someone who once existed in her life and has spent the past few years searching for where that someone is and trying to determine how it they fit in the universe, that someone being her daughter Fury/Lyta. For the past 5 years she has employed Cassie and her mother as archeologists (but also to establish a friendly relationship between Wondergirl and Wonder Woman) to trace through her past history to find her lost daughter to determine if she’s even real or just a byproduct of reality manipulation. Upon our arrival into the story she just about to stop and chalk it up to the altering of the universe, only for her past connection with the JSA bringing the only possible lead she’s seen in the past 5 years.

2. Kyle Rayner for the past few years has been doing something no one thought possible, tracking down his lost lantern rings to find out what happened and attempt to see if he can regain the power of the white lantern. However what Kyle has found is amazing, the rings that once belonged to him and made him the white lantern have carefully chosen rookie lanterns of the various spectrum corps, and when Kyle and them all work together as a team they can harness the power of the White lanterns. Kyle has thus put himself in charge of training these new rookies of the varying spectrums in hope of forming something greater for the universe, a white lantern Corp or at least a unified spectrum.

3. Nightwing, with the new Batman taking care of things in the city of Gotham Dick sees one of the places that he can fill in for the Bruce where the new Batman can’t and maybe even do a better job then Bruce...by taking Batman’s place within the Justice League. Not as Batman but as Nightwing, Dick Grayson will stand as one of the heads of the Justice League and is the connecting tissue of the DC universe, serving as the bridge between various generations of heroes and even training them if need be.

4. Damian Wayne, now the Hunter. Damian has gone on amazing journeys but what he never expected to see was his own sister who never was, Helena Wayne the Huntress. Damian during the five years learned on an adventure with Powergirl that where she is from there was a Helena Wayne, her best friend who sacrificed herself in crisis on infinite earths and through the magic of interdimensional travel gets to meet her once(because it’s comics and why not). Inspired by his own sisters bravery he hangs up his robin uniform to become the Hunter in her honor. Of course Jon sometimes gives him a little grief over the purple, but that’s just friends.

5. Supergirl has signed up for something she could not believe actually happened, to be New Kryptons representative/ambassador in the United Planets. Realizing that he’s not exactly the friendliest and doesn’t have a stellar reputation Zod reaches out to both Kal and Kara with one request in his goal to rebuild Krypton. That since Supergirl is a kind and caring person that the universe can respect and has memories of Kryptons history and culture that she be his ambassador for new Krypton homeworld. He wants her to show the universe that he means peace and that she should help spread the culture of their lost planet. This now allows Supergirl a much bigger seat at the cosmic table to help out her people and her cousin in the United Planets while spreading culture and doing good.
    Last edited by sifighter; 01-05-2020 at 08:30 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Damian becoming Hunter is pretty cool.