Extraordinary Member

Default Special Fire Force Company 8 (Fire Force) vs. Class 1A (My Hero Academia)

For a special training exercise the 4 strongest students of class 1A from U.A. high will take on a quartette of fire soldiers from the Special Fire Force Company 8.

The match will take place in the same training area where class 1A and class 1B had their recent joint training.
    To win it you just have to knock out all the members of the opposing team.

Fire Soldiers: Maki Oze, Shinra Kusakabe, Auther Boyle and Tamaki Kotatsu (her Lucky Lecher Lure will be turned off for this whole because no).

Class 1A: Tenya Iida, Shoto Todoroki, Katsuki Bakugo and Izuku Midoriya.

Bonus: All the current members of company 8 takes on all the students of class 1A.

Who wins?

After all of it, they sit and talk. How do they all get along?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Hmmm... this is a good match overall.

Half of Todoroki's offensive power and possibly all of Bakugou's is effectively nullified here as Maki can just effectively switch their attacks off at will and Shinra, Arthur and Tamkai are highly resistant to flame in pretty much all forms.

The Fire Force team also are generally more experienced fighters. They are all older and routinely practice actual combat rather than using their quirks in inventive ways. Maki alone is a better hand to hand fighter than just about anyone on the UA side.

Also, just to note, Shinra's most recent showing against Captain Burns was absolutely ridiculous in terms of his firepower, durability and raw attack power.

Deku and Shoto are the biggest threats, Deku is more than strong enough to put down... hmmm... well, let's go with anyone with one serious hit (though I'm thinking some of the Fire Force people might be tough enough to take hits from him and keep going but I'd have to check feats) and Todoroki's ice works on a scale that is a good counter to a lot of their flame moves.

On the other hand, Arthur is super lethal given that he is rocking a plasma sword and can block massive scale flame and explosions with his mantle.

This is a tough one, I'm vaguely leaning Fire Force. I'd love to see Maki just beat the heck out of Bakugou. Posting the below video because it's rad:

The bonus scenario gets bit dark as the full Company 8 tend to bring a large number of guns to the table.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Hmmm... this is a good match overall.

Half of Todoroki's offensive power and possibly all of Bakugou's is effectively nullified here as Maki can just effectively switch their attacks off at will and Shinra, Arthur and Tamkai are highly resistant to flame in pretty much all forms.

The Fire Force team also are generally more experienced fighters. They are all older and routinely practice actual combat rather than using their quirks in inventive ways. Maki alone is a better hand to hand fighter than just about anyone on the UA side.

Also, just to note, Shinra's most recent showing against Captain Burns was absolutely ridiculous in terms of his firepower, durability and raw attack power.

Deku and Shoto are the biggest threats, Deku is more than strong enough to put down... hmmm... well, let's go with anyone with one serious hit (though I'm thinking some of the Fire Force people might be tough enough to take hits from him and keep going but I'd have to check feats) and Todoroki's ice works on a scale that is a good counter to a lot of their flame moves.

On the other hand, Arthur is super lethal given that he is rocking a plasma sword and can block massive scale flame and explosions with his mantle.

This is a tough one, I'm vaguely leaning Fire Force.
    Thinking about it, Maki might be able shut down Iida's thrusters as well, which would obviously screw him over too. So she's actually the biggest immediate threat to the student team and their best strategy might be to isolate her with an ice wall and have Deku focus on her.

Although, Shinra and Tamaki can get around most ice walls as long as they don't get caught in them. Shinra especially with his raw power and speed can get around the ice walls and assist Maki if necessary.

Arthur is otherwise the "weakest" link of his team since he lacks Shinra and Tamaki's mobility and Maki's ability to shut down pretty much three fourths of the opposing team. On the other hand, he can probably take out any of the students with one good hit of his sword.

I'm leaning towards the fire soldiers as well. But if the students can play it strategically and use the environment to their advantage instead of going all in for an all out brawl they would stand a better chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I'd love to see Maki just beat the heck out of Bakugou. Posting the below video because it's rad:

I do love this sequence. It's one of my favourite fight scenes of the year.

And with Bakugo's motormouth it would be hella fun to see a pissed off Maki destroy him.