Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannoraptor View Post
    The Gyrosphere seems pretty resilient since its glass was stated to be capable of stopping a 50 caliber bullet while I-Rex managed to pierce through it.
    And bullets just harmlessly bounced off Hulk, so...

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    And bullets just harmlessly bounced off Hulk, so...
    and the rounds bouncing off his skin came from military attack choppers. so i assume they are a bit above a 50 cal bullet?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    and the rounds bouncing off his skin came from military attack choppers. so i assume they are a bit above a 50 cal bullet?
    Depends.

Do you have clips of the choppers and their attack? If it's the 'main gun' on any kind of attack helicopter (Apache, old school Cobra), it's likely a 20mm or 30mm cannon (with the Apache, it's the latter). If it's door-guns, it's probably 7.62mm. If it's side-mounted guns, fixed forward, it could be 7.62 or .50's. Really need to see them.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Depends.

Do you have clips of the choppers and their attack? If it's the 'main gun' on any kind of attack helicopter (Apache, old school Cobra), it's likely a 20mm or 30mm cannon (with the Apache, it's the latter). If it's door-guns, it's probably 7.62mm. If it's side-mounted guns, fixed forward, it could be 7.62 or .50's. Really need to see them.

here's hulk fighting some tanks.

here's hulk fighting attack choppers. looks like they are using mini-guns and they are just bouncing off his skin. and not only was hulk able to dodge those missiles but he could swat them while running like a mad man around a canyon. and he even caught one, bit off the top of it and spat it back with enough force to down one of the choppers.

Looks like 20mm gatling-style chainguns. Vulcans or the like. Not sure what kind of helicopter it is, or even if it's a real one. But the cannon is most certainly made to look like a 20mm.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Looks like 20mm gatling-style chainguns. Vulcans or the like. Not sure what kind of helicopter it is, or even if it's a real one. But the cannon is most certainly made to look like a 20mm.
    i know very little about millitary weaponry and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i know very little about millitary weaponry and the like.
    I know more than I should, but much less than a real scholar on the subject. I was interested in my youth, but lost interest after a certain age.
    Why are we here?

He also gets shot by either an F22 or an F35's auto cannons. They bounce off as well. Not sure what size those are - probably 20mm as well.

Still, this is getting silly. Hulk comfortably one shots Indominus. Two shots if we are allowing for a sloppy first punch.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    He also gets shot by either an F22 or an F35's auto cannons. They bounce off as well. Not sure what size those are - probably 20mm as well.

Still, this is getting silly. Hulk comfortably one shots Indominus. Two shots if we are allowing for a sloppy first punch.
    He throws a MBT some gawdawful distance. If it's an M1 Abrams (I don't know, I'm not a military scholar), that clocks in around 60-70 tons. I'm pretty solid on him punching a big dinosaur and it falling over dead.
    Why are we here?

Incredible Member

How would the rex do in a 50,000+ foot fall. Hulk fell from the jet and did more than just survive. I don't think the rex would have.

He throws a MBT some gawdawful distance. If it's an M1 Abrams (I don't know, I'm not a military scholar), that clocks in around 60-70 tons. I'm pretty solid on him punching a big dinosaur and it falling over dead.
    Hey. Hey now. What if he punches it in the FOOT? Or the tip of his TAIL?

You underestimate just how sloppy a punch can be :P
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannoraptor View Post
    The Gyrosphere seems pretty resilient since its glass was stated to be capable of stopping a 50 caliber bullet while I-Rex managed to pierce through it.
    Why do you think that is remotely comparable in force to the performances you replied to? (hint, it is not)

I'll try and break this down. Someone notes the Hulk tossing an entire tank to the horizon, and coming out from a rather significant collapse of landscape.

You, while quoting them, reply with a feat that is nowhere as a good as either of those things.

I ask how you feel you have managed to come up with an equivalent or better feat to try and refute those things. You more or less just repeat the last thing you said to that post.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 01-20-2020 at 11:28 AM.

Everyone move slowly. A wild Pendaran appears to have mistakenly wandered into a movie thread. We dont want to spook him.
    - big_adventure

Hey. Hey now. What if he punches it in the FOOT? Or the tip of his TAIL?

You underestimate just how sloppy a punch can be :P
    I figure either an exploded foot or tail would result....

Everyone move slowly. A wild Pendaran appears to have mistakenly wandered into a movie thread. We dont want to spook him.
    He's already been in this thread! If it's abnormal behavior, just check for signs of rabies; if none, move on.
    Why are we here?