Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

I seriously do think we're just about done with the thread. There's just nothing that gives the Indominus Rex any kind of edge over 2003 Movie Hulk. Any attempt to refute this only reinforces that Hulk still beats it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I figure either an exploded foot or tail would result....
    Nah, the tip of the tail hit wouldn't result in an exploded tail. The foot punch would completely destroy it and leave the Indominus on its side, kicking it's good foot pathetically and trying in vain to fend off the unstoppable green monster who wants to rip it asunder and feast on its delicious, delicious flesh.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannoraptor View Post
    Because Indominus Rex might have some other feats for this.
    I stubbed my toe on the corner of my coffee table this morning and lived to tell the tale.

I MIGHT have some feats even better than this.

Now BRING. ME. GODZILLA.

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    I stubbed my toe on the corner of my coffee table this morning and lived to tell the tale.

I MIGHT have some feats even better than this.

Now BRING. ME. GODZILLA.
    I read that in Thor's voice.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    and the rounds bouncing off his skin came from military attack choppers. so i assume they are a bit above a 50 cal bullet?
    But Hulk's skin appeared to be soft as compared to the Gyrosphere.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

It doesn't matter if the Hulk's skin 'appears' softer, the bullets/cannon shells are bouncing off. Superman's skin looks a heck of a lot softer than granite, but Superman's skin is far, far more durable than granite ever will be.

Look, this is starting to look like serious bias. You're comparing weaker feats for the dino against stronger ones for the Hulk, and it seems you're searching to find ways to invalidate the Hulk's stronger ones, or to make the dino's weaker ones comparable to the Hulk's stronger ones. And failing; saying something 'appeared to be soft' compared to something else is a poor argument given what is actually demonstrated for durability in the movie. From my perspective it looks like you REALLY WANT the dinosaur to win, and are constantly trying to support that end in the face of superior Hulk feats.

That's not how we do things around here.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    It doesn't matter if the Hulk's skin 'appears' softer, the bullets/cannon shells are bouncing off. Superman's skin looks a heck of a lot softer than granite, but Superman's skin is far, far more durable than granite ever will be.

Look, this is starting to look like serious bias. You're comparing weaker feats for the dino against stronger ones for the Hulk, and it seems you're searching to find ways to invalidate the Hulk's stronger ones, or to make the dino's weaker ones comparable to the Hulk's stronger ones. And failing; saying something 'appeared to be soft' compared to something else is a poor argument given what is actually demonstrated for durability in the movie. From my perspective it looks like you REALLY WANT the dinosaur to win, and are constantly trying to support that end in the face of superior Hulk feats.

That's not how we do things around here.
    Okay actually Hulk ripped apart one of the M1 Abrams tanks so he might sure be able to kill I-Rex!

Extraordinary Member

Okay actually Hulk ripped apart one of the M1 Abrams tanks so he might sure be able to kill I-Rex!
    No "might" about it.

Hulk murders the I-Rex with ease.

That's what we've been telling you.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Again, I think closing the thread with the general consensus that Hulk wins might be the best course of action.
    Last edited by Iron_Twister; 01-21-2020 at 08:59 AM.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

ussop from "one piece" appears to be soft and weak, which he is compared to the rest of the crew, but he's taken some insane levels of damage and kept on trucking.

that's not a good argument to make around here.

Let me repeat something I said on Page 1 of this thread:

“You could make this Hulk 3 foot tall and decrease his strength and durability proportionately, and he'd STILL beat 10 Indominus Rexes.”

Do you see this? This Hulk could be dramatically weakened and still beat TEN I-Rexes.

Without being weakened, he utterly SLAUGHTERS one of them.

He is massively, massively superior to it in every way and would rip it to pieces trivially.

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    Let me repeat something I said on Page 1 of this thread:

“You could make this Hulk 3 foot tall and decrease his strength and durability proportionately, and he'd STILL beat 10 Indominus Rexes.”

Do you see this? This Hulk could be dramatically weakened and still beat TEN I-Rexes.

Without being weakened, he utterly SLAUGHTERS one of them.

He is massively, massively superior to it in every way and would rip it to pieces trivially.
    But how is that so?

But how is that so?
    By watching the movies with both these characters in them and realizing that one vastly outperforms the other. That being the Hulk, vastly outperforming the I-rex. As demonstrated, for instance, by you, every time you are given a feat by the Hulk and cannot provide an even remotely on scale performance from the I-rex in reply to it.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 01-27-2020 at 05:10 AM.

But how is that so?
    Is this guy for real?

It's been explained to you multiple times.

He survived a canyon falling in on him. Thousands of tonnes of rock. He fell from the sky and was unaffected. And Minigun bullets literally bounced off his skin. He is, therefore, considerably more durable than it. Like HUNDREDS OF TIMES more durable.

He threw a 70 tonne tank into the fucking horizon. He is, therefore, considerably stronger than it. Like HUNDREDS OF TIMES stronger than it.

He ran at something like 300mph and crossed distances of 3+ miles in a single jump. He is, therefore, considerably faster and more mobile than it.

He has the strength to tear it apart. It does not have the strength to scratch him. It's really that simple and I have absolutely no idea what's so hard to understand about that.

For example, you're given the following for the Hulk:

the Hulk tossing an entire tank to the horizon, and coming out from a rather significant collapse of landscape.
    You reply with:

The Gyrosphere seems pretty resilient since its glass was stated to be capable of stopping a 50 caliber bullet while I-Rex managed to pierce through it.
    Meaning you reply to the Hulk's performance with one massively weaker in all ways. Yet keep insisting that it isn't.

Do you actually think that being more powerful than something "said to be capable of stopping a 50 caliber bullet" is in any way comparable, at all, to even these two things the Hulk did? If you do, can you explain why you think that is somehow the case?

Again, just to even pick one of them for direct comparison, why do you feel that "more powerful than a 50 caliber bullet", is anywhere comparable to "can throw a tank to the horizon."

The second feat in that sentence requires ridiculously more strength/force than the first, is what is being said.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 01-27-2020 at 06:17 AM.