Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Siver Sable's ongoing title from the 90s?

Just discovered that Sable had her own series back in the 90s for a couple years, 35 issues and then the 36th issue in 2017?? Lol

Was this pre-Clone Saga?

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    Just discovered that Sable had her own series back in the 90s for a couple years, 35 issues and then the 36th issue in 2017?? Lol

Was this pre-Clone Saga?
    It started Pre-Clone Saga.

By the time the run ended the Clone Saga was somewhat under way. Spider-man and Venom both have small cameos in one of the last few issues of her series, but you wouldn't know anything clonewise was going on by reading it.

Astonishing Member

Had some nice Steven Butler art.

Extraordinary Member

I remember when I first started comics, Silver Sable and She-Hulk, were the only Marvel females with their own comics.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I read the first 12-15 issues. Budget reasons during college caused me to drop the title. Would make for a great one&done Omnibus that i'd pick up instantly
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post

Was this pre-Clone Saga?
    It was okay. Nothing that memorable. She had the Wild-Pack, which was filled with a diverse cast of characters, including Sandman... so that was interesting. I still miss Sandman as a good guy. But as for this series, I honestly had forgotten about it until I saw this thread. I bought some issues, but only have vague memories of thinking they were okay, but nothing great.

BANNED

Liked it. Esp. compared to other stuff in the 90s it was a great read. Would love for Silver Sable to get her own series again^^

Prior to this topic, I don't think I've ever seen a discussion of the Silver Sable comic.

Even when it was coming out, I didn't know anyone that actually read it unless it happened to have a memorable guest star that month. It was just one of those series that was just there.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Prior to this topic, I don't think I've ever seen a discussion of the Silver Sable comic.

Even when it was coming out, I didn't know anyone that actually read it unless it happened to have a memorable guest star that month. It was just one of those series that was just there.
    The series should have had a story arc that featured Sable and Black Widow working together..

Astonishing Member

This retro-reviewer was not a fan.
    https://www.cbr.com/gimmick-or-good-...e-wild-pack-1/

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Where was this from? That looks like Liefeld.

I had the first issue as a kid, and read a few other issues here or there, and yeah -- it wasn't super compelling. I loved the inclusion of Sandman, and his portrayal as a man trying to atone for his past sins and become a better man was the highlight of the series for me.

I think the series would have been better off with a Wild Pack that consisted of more characters like Sandman -- people with powers or advanced tech -- rather than faceless goons who the audience won't remember except for maybe the one guy who flirts too much with Sable.

If Marvel asked me to pitch a "traditional" Silver Sable series, I'd definitely make sure to include characters on her team that I think might pull in a few extra fans, especially Spidey fans: Prowler, Rocket Racer, Annex, etc.

That all being said, I too would likely snatch up an omnibus of the Silver Sable series.

-Pav, who needs to get back to reading his Morbius omnibus...
    Last edited by Pav; 08-30-2020 at 11:13 AM.
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Where was this from? That looks like Liefeld.
    Marvel Comics Presents #53

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    EARLY Liefeld...NICE!!!