20 45.45%
  • It had some issues and holes but overall it was good

8 18.18%
  • It was fine I guess, some interesting ideas but the execution was lacking

13 29.55%
  • Terrible, hated the ending, it was nonsense

3 6.82%
    Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Default How Do You Feel About Doomsday Clock's Ending?

Now that the mini series has finally ended, there has been several discussions about the ending so I decided to make a poll.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

I voted great, but there were some details I didn't care for, but certainly it was very good.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Bringing back the old Earths 1 & 2 is certainly a selling point.
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Well worth the(agonizing) wait!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Always Rakzo

It was pretty much the best ending I could have hoped for and more. I was at the very least expecting a satisfying ending but Johns implemented his classic worldbuilding in a way that actually makes every DC continuity into its own Earth allowing them to be further explored and creates a lot of potential for the future.

I honestly wasn't expecting it to be this good. In a year where we got disappointing endings like Morrison's The Green Lantern, it was good to know that at least a writer still can deliver a proper resolution.

The only real complaint I had, was that it took so long (likely because Johns was forced to rewrite several chapters due to Rebirth effectively being ended).

But overall, a pretty great mini, interesting new characters, and despite not really appearing through most of it, the best Superman story I'd seen since Rebirth ended.

It really depends. If the end result is getting some stuff on Earth 52 and 1985, I'll say it ended up being a pretty good ending. The new explanation for the multiverse opens some doors beyond this tale. If it doesn't capitalize on any of that though, its overall meh to me.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member

The delays were annoying (and yes, borderline unprofessional) but the ending made the whole thing worth the wait so I have no complaints. It gave me theJSA back and allowed for more then just Bendis interpretation of the LEGION to exist so I'm happy with how it ended.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Doomsday Clock was great. Unfortunately, it's relationship to the whole Rebirth storyline ended up being a dud, likely because of Johns falling on his sword for the failure of the Justice League movie.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

It was great, The DDC biggest problem is it has been delayed too long, But still a great ending
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Voted "It was fine." This book started strong but eventually degenerated into just another DC multiverse-spanning event book. Oh wait, metaverse-spanning, just to add in another term after we'd spent the past few years establishing the Dark Multiverse AND while we're just wrapping up a major Justice League event heavily set in the 52 Earths multiverse.

Rolled my eyes so hard at the splash page with the extremely iconic versions of the JSA on the right side and the extremely non-iconic-to-be-tossed-out-whenever-Bendis-gets-bored versions of the Legion on the left. Much better was the splash page with all the obscure international heroes...Fleur-de-Lys??? Had to look that one up, and a few others.

So this ending...clearly Earth-Watchmen is another wing of the DC multiverse now, right? It didn't have a Superman before but now it does in the form of the Mime/Marionette/Manhattan Clark--the metaverse strikes again! This thing where only Earths that have Supermans survive is so confusing...aren't there multiple Earths in the current Orrey-based multiverse that lack Supermen? And they're based on Superman-free Earths from pre-crisis--Earths -X, -S, -4, -6, etc. Maybe the "metaverse" concept is only meant to affect main continuity Earths...if your Earth is Billy Batson only it just doesn't get changed by the metaverse, not that it doesn't exist anymore (Convergence as I understand it still applies and everything exists somewhere-or-other.)

Was this Dan and Laurie's first appearance in this comic? Had to google to make sure it was them Jon was leaving Earth-Watchmen Clark with.

One criticism I have of "DDC" is how Dr Manhattan wasn't really as important as he should have been. He messed around with time a bit, then essentially just discovered the "metaverse" and how it reforms around Superman, etc. He basically just pokes at it then watches the metaverse react. He doesn't have an agenda, he didn't create big changes, just made little ones for no real reason other than curiosity. The moves he made prior to the series didn't really make sense or pay off and there was no plan or intention behind it all, really. (not one that I found compelling enough to justify this story)

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I kind of wonder if that delay wasn't because he was coming up with that ending.
    Assassinate Putin!