Mighty Member

Default Doomsday Clock-Questions

Hello,

can someone give me answers to some question to Doomsday Clock?

1.) When does Doomsday Clock takes place?

2.) Has it consequences for the other series starting NOW?

3.) Does someone knows if IC is now back in history?

4.) I know its probably to early, but I would love to know which consequences it has for Cassie,Tim,Bart,Conner,Nightwing and Wally West.
    Last edited by Masterff; 12-29-2019 at 07:26 AM.

Edit- please delete.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-30-2019 at 04:50 AM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Hello,

can someone give me answers to some question to Doomsday Clock?

1.) When does Doomsday Clock takes place?

2.) Has it consequences for the other series starting NOW?

3.) Does someone knows if IC is now back in history?

4.) I know its probably to early, but I would love to know which consequences it has for Cassie,Tim,Bart,Conner,Nightwing and Wally West.
    1) The triple whammy of Dr. Manhattan, The Dark Multiverse, and Perpetua rejiggering/rewriting the history of the DCU has essentially broken time. The events of Doomsday Clock appear to have taken place during a temporal bubble that's now popped, which means its effects will now start to be seen in the main DCU.

2) At this exact moment? Not really, because nobody wanted to spoil the ending of Doomsday Clock, most creators have been trying to avoid its topics for the time being, but, in the next couple months, you are certainly going to see the aftermath. Ma & Pa Kent will be showing up in the Superman special coming out soon as Matt Fraction already spilled the beans that they'll be in that. The idea that Wonder Woman has been around since the Golden Age will most certainly be a major element of the upcoming Wonder Woman #750 bonanza, which comes out at the end of the month. The JSA are already back, although Snyder had to use Perpetua's mucking with time as the excuse for why no one remembers them. The rebooted Legion is out every month, which we now see was the result of Doomsday Clock's rewriting of DCU history. The latest issue of Legion made reference to Clark Kent being Superboy, which was another concept reintroduced by Doomsday Clock.

3) Yup. It's a forgone conclusion that the broad strokes of all prior DC history is now back in continuity again, but with a few tweaks here and there (as usual). The only current tweaks that we're currently aware of is that the disastrous New Krypton storyline didn't happen anymore in this continuity because Pa Kent didn't die from a heart attack at its beginning and Sam Lane didn't commit suicide at its end. The Legion got rebooted (again) and Wonder Woman is back to being a member of the JSA during the 1940s.

4) The latest issues of Young Justice have been dealing with that for a while now, but I would expect that the whole reboot/memory shenanigans subplot will be able to be resolved now. Wally West is currently being course corrected back to his Pre-Flashpoint status quo in Flash Forward. As for Nightwing, they're gonna drag this one out for a little while longer, but I think we'll see classic Nightwing back in a few months time.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post

3) Yup. It's a forgone conclusion that the broad strokes of all prior DC history is now back in continuity again, but with a few tweaks here and there (as usual). The only current tweaks that we're currently aware of is that the disastrous New Krypton storyline didn't happen anymore in this continuity because Pa Kent didn't die from a heart attack at its beginning and Sam Lane didn't commit suicide at its end. The Legion got rebooted (again) and Wonder Woman is back to being a member of the JSA during the 1940s.
    Then what the heck is Earth-1985? Is that just a new earth that reflects the DCU prior to Flashpoint, or is it the main earth just renamed? I wasn't clear on that.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    Then what the heck is Earth-1985? Is that just a new earth that reflects the DCU prior to Flashpoint, or is it the main earth just renamed? I wasn't clear on that.
    Whenever the Main Earth goes throughout a big continuity change, a back up Earth Is created in order to save the previous Superman's version. Earth-1985 was created when COIE changed Main Earth's history.

It also means that the Universe we know as the pre-Crisis Earth 2 was not the original Golden age World, it was a back up Earth. The Golden age World was at some point the MAin Earth (ME), but when Barry got His Powers, the ME was turned into the the Silver Age World, and pre-Crisis Earth-2 was born.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    Whenever the Main Earth goes throughout a big continuity change, a back up Earth Is created in order to save the previous Superman's version. Earth-1985 was created when COIE changed Main Earth's history.

It also means that the Universe we know as the pre-Crisis Earth 2 was not the original Golden age World, it was a back up Earth. The Golden age World was at some point the MAin Earth (ME), but when Barry got His Powers, the ME was turned into the the Silver Age World, and pre-Crisis Earth-2 was born.
    And given that the Golden Age was not identical to the History on pre-Crisis Earth-2, it begs the question as to whether the ‘back-ups’ are ‘exact’ copies of the then-prime earth.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    Copies of Earth shunted to their new numbers. Earth 1985 is pre crisis Earth 1 but still existing.