Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Young Justice - too crowded?...

Hello,

I have to say that one major problem of the Young Justice (2019) Title is that the team has to many members and it will get bigger and bigger.

I see it as extremely big problem, since this also means that Conner,Cassie,Tim and Bart will get more sidelined while they should be in the focus.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Hello,

I have to say that one major problem of the Young Justice (2019) Title is that the team has to many members and it will get bigger and bigger.

I see it as extremely big problem, since this also means that Conner,Cassie,Tim and Bart will get more sidelined while they should be in the focus.
    The book is a bit over stuffed at the moment, it's true. It has become something like the Justice Society of America run at this point, but if that's the model Bendis is following, than the core four will remain the nucleus of the team. Time will tell.

Incredible Member

Team roster should've been: Drake, Wonder Girl, Impulse, Superboy, Amethyst, and Naomi.

I think the last thing a Bendis team book should have is a lot of members. He can barely juggle a decently-sized team as is.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the last thing a Bendis team book should have is a lot of members. He can barely juggle a decently-sized team as is.
    Makes me really hope that Sidewayz, Spoiler, Aqualad and Arrowette aren't going to be permanent members.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Makes me really hope that Sidewayz, Spoiler, Aqualad and Arrowette aren't going to be permanent members.
    I get the impression that they're stepping up while the others are having an adventure/away.

Yeah, remember that Spoiler couldn't contact Tim? Maybe she's the one that calls in the others when she learns that the team have gone missing (they'll have been off retrieving Superboy in the previous couple of issues). Aqualad's an obvious one to call in as he was on the Rebirth Teen Titans. Arrowette was on the original Young Justice. Sideways is useful transportation.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

If it were up to me, I don't believe I would have Teen Lantern on Young Justice. DC already has a lot of Lanterns.

I would increase the number of characters, but the concept would be a revolving door with maybe three main characters and three secondary characters featured in different stories.

Say, a three issue story arc happens and it would involve Drake, Superboy, Wonder Girl, Arrowette, Aqualad, and a 6th random teen hero.

After that arc is over, Wonder Girl goes on another mission, takes Impulse and Amethyst. Going along are the Wonder Twins and Naomi.

This way, it's a large line-up, but you can pick and choose from that large roster which heroes would best fit the story you want to tell, and not have the same heroes over and over.

Always Rakzo

I think it's fine as it is but I sure as hell didn't want Naomi on the book, there are way too many titles getting derailed by her already.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    I think it's fine as it is but I sure as hell didn't want Naomi on the book, there are way too many titles getting derailed by her already.
    Total opposite here....lol I say Bring Her On!!
    GrindrStone(D)

I don't think the bigger problem is the team's membership, as much as it's how much Bendis can't properly write a team book that isn't decompressed.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    You do know who her creator is??? He already made it clear that she was going to be in other books while hers was on hold. That is what happens when you get a hot artist on your book.

SO unless DC decides to treat her book like Miles is where you have 3 different artists doing the book-she's in Young Justice for now.

It's not Bendis's fault that DC struggles to develop females of color that don't get trashed by management like Cassandra Cain was. Moon Girl & Riri have a huge head start on her.

Unless he is doing it to protect characters or G5 is going to derail Tim and friends in someway.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I don't think the bigger problem is the team's membership, as much as it's how much Bendis can't properly write a team book that isn't decompressed.
    Has the team done anything other then "go to ____ and get into hijinks?" yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Unless he is doing it to protect characters or G5 is going to derail Tim and friends in someway.
    I don't know if that's how Bendis thinks, but I guess it's as solid a read as any.

All they've done so far is dimension hopping. They need to put down roots. Get a HQ, get some transportation other than Jinny's truck.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I have a controversial theory. They realize the YJ 4 aren’t cutting it anymore so they use them to keep vocal fans appeased while they try to introduce other characters that might eventually go somewhere.