Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Not true at all. There are tons of monsters in other works of fiction that are not weak to silver. Just off of the top of my head, monsters from Supernatural are not weak to silver.
    In the Witcherverse. Not broad fiction.

Presley?

Elvis Presley, or even Elvis Costello. More Presley, since he at least had a black belt in karate.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Comic book peak human.
    Oh ok, thanks!
    Doesn't he also like Elric further enhance his ability by herbs potions, alchemy? Affecting his physiology, lightning quick reflexes, resilience, healing, vision, and other bodily enhancements, ritualistically take them to survive.? Also magic?
    Last edited by Güicho; 01-04-2022 at 08:58 AM.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Oh ok, thanks!
    Doesn't he also further enhance his ability by herbs potions, alchemy? Affecting his physiology, lightning quick reflexes, resilience, vision, and other bodily enhancements, ritualistically take them to survive.?
    Even with potions, as mentioned earlier, they don't actually augment that much beyond human levels.

Like, Batman could likely have a decent rumble with Geralt and he's as CBPH-ish as they come.

Also, Elric beats up gods and stuff.

Extraordinary Member

I'm sure a planet sized ball of silver dropped on him will make him "weak". :P
    Depends on which Godzilla we're talking about.

The one from Godzilla in Hell would probably just absorb all the silver and turn it into a new projectile attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Depends on which Godzilla we're talking about.

The one from Godzilla in Hell would probably just absorb all the silver and turn it into a new projectile attack.
    Great Balls of Fire.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Also, Elric beats up gods and stuff.
    How are you defining "gods and stuff" he fought ?
    vs demigods, demons, etc?
    And can you give the examples those he fought.
    This isn't a challenge, I'm just genuinely curious. Thanks! : )
    Last edited by Güicho; 01-04-2022 at 10:09 AM.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

How are you defining "gods and stuff" he fought ?
    vs demigods, demons, etc?
    And can you give the examples those he fought.
    This isn't a challenge, I'm just genuinely curious. Thanks!
    I've read like dick-all Elric stuff, I just know the ballparks he's normally thrown around in. Shai Hulud who was posting in here earlier definitely knows.

I'll see if I dig up feats from some old threads.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I've read like dick-all Elric stuff, I just know the ballparks he's normally thrown around in. Shai Hulud who was posting in here earlier definitely knows.

I'll see if I dig up feats from some old threads.
    Dude has spells that can summon all manner of horrific, nigh-unstoppable beings. Some of them take time to cast, others he can basically shout out while chopping people up.

Sword-in-hand, he can take all kinds of damage and keep on trucking. And if he even nicks his opponent, they start to die and he gains strength (to ridiculous, supernatural levels at times). Can't speak to his speed - I want to say Stormbringer has casually swatted arrows out of the air, but it has been years since I read his old series, and I've read none of the 'newer' stuff. As I recall, that's something else that increases as he drains people's life-forces with the Black Sword.

Which beings he killed, and how, it's a little tricky for me to remember, it having been years and years. As I recall, him murdering most of the Chaos Pantheon of gods (at the same time) basically depended on him having Mournblade in the area as well, so that spell is out here, but he has killed other gods with Stormbringer. Like, a fair few, especially in the last book. Has it out with Xiombarg in a duel, if I recall correctly.

...basically, it's less 'Elric' that the Witcher needs to worry about, and more Stormbringer itself. Barring Elric having the time to whistle up Something Awful™.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Honestly at absolute bare minimum Elric should be toughing things out long enough to call up one of his "shout for it while doing other stuff" summons, at which point, the end.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Honestly at absolute bare minimum Elric should be toughing things out long enough to call up one of his "shout for it while doing other stuff" summons, at which point, the end.
    No question. With Stormbringer in-hand, I recall him being pretty darned tough, and he only needs to call out a few times to get some kind of nature-god-horror (Lord of Gerbils, I don't know) or Chaos being to turn up, thanks to a variety of pacts (and, as I recall, the Ring of Kings).
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Comic book peak human. Short hand for "about at the level of Batman or Captain America" for physical stats like speed and strength. Would be super human by real life standards, but not for comic books.

I'm curious, do you know how this encounter panned out?

Incredible Member

I'm curious, do you know how this encounter panned out?
    I do. Like a lot of Marvel Comics heroes, they fought to a draw and wound up working together to fight the story's real villain.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by shellhead View Post
    elvis vs. The witcher would be a closer fight.
    rotflmao! :d
    Last edited by Radical; 02-25-2020 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Why isn't this capitalizing?! >:(