Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Funny enough, there are some rumors that Downey intentionally made himself sound unintelligible in Dolittle.

LOL..make of that what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Funny enough, there are some rumors that Downey intentionally made himself sound unintelligible in Dolittle.

LOL..make of that what you will.
    No hes just weird and a choice didnt work out. He talked about on Joe Rogans podcast how he said he would only do the movie if they would let him base the character on some crazy Welsh druid or some crap. I think he made an artistic choice and this one just didnt work out.
    Havent seen the movie is it still that bad? Becuase I've heard that alot of his lines sound dubbed. So if its still bad wonder how bad the accent was before.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    No hes just weird and a choice didnt work out. He talked about on Joe Rogans podcast how he said he would only do the movie if they would let him base the character on some crazy Welsh druid or some crap. I think he made an artistic choice and this one just didnt work out.
    Havent seen the movie is it still that bad? Becuase I've heard that alot of his lines sound dubbed. So if its still bad wonder how bad the accent was before.
    It’s really bad.

Like, you literally can’t understand what he’s saying in several parts of the film.

It’s really bad.

Like, you literally can’t understand what he’s saying in several parts of the film.
    And is it obvious its dubbed? Cause I see a review where they said most the movie sounded like RDJ lines were all done with ADR

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    And is it obvious its dubbed? Cause I see a review where they said most the movie sounded like RDJ lines were all done with ADR
    To be honest, it wasn’t something I looked out for so I didn’t really notice.

To be honest, it wasn’t something I looked out for so I didn’t really notice.
    Ok so it wasnt that obvious.

Wonder if Welsh people understand every word or if it's just as inaudible to them.

Dolittle could cost the studio $100m!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post

Who made that?

Doolittle and Cats both interest me in a sort of weird way. If movies weren't so expensive to see, I'd be more tempted to see them just for the cultural experience.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Bad movies can be fun to watch. I watched the Lou Ferrigno Hercules movies last month and they were more fun than some comedies^^

Cats and Dolittle are on my list for sure. I will not pay extra Money to see them, but if they Show up on Netflix they will be watched.
    Last edited by lowfyr; 01-23-2020 at 01:44 AM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

There are 2 Box Office bombs to list. One still has 13 markets to open in but given they are smaller markets internationally its a box office bust that was released the final 2 weeks of 2019. So lets start ...

Total Box Office : $33+ million worldwide

Total Production Budget : $45 million

Clint Eastwood's 38th directed film (yes he's directed 38 films since 1971 !) Richard Jewell was based on the true story of an American hero Richard Jewell who saved lives at the 1996 Olympics. The film had been in development for a number of years before the 89 year old Eastwood decided to do the film. While its gotten great critical reviews the film arrived in a crowded holiday season of 2019.

Richard Jewell has only done $22+ million domestically and the 1st Eastwood directed film since 2006's "Flags of Our Fathers" to be a bust at box office. Which is a good span for a man in his 70's/80's to have box office success with his next 11 films in that span. This is a rare miss for the acclaimed Eastwood.

Total Box office : $33 million worldwide

Total Production Budget : $50-80 million

In January of 2020 this film was released and opened across a number of international markets. The horror/sci-fi film landed with a huge thud at box office. Starring Kristen Stewart and T.J Miller the movie was a big bust for 20th Century Fox and continues their miserable 2019 run. It also continues Stewart's run of busts stretching back a few years. Her biggest was the 2019 reboot of Charlie's Angels.

There is only 9 markets left internationally for Underwater to open in and all of them are small markets that won't likely help Underwater earn a profit. But the run of 20th Century Fox;s disaster box office wise in 2019 runs into 2020 with already 2 busts (Spies in Disguise the other one).
    Last edited by SUPERECWFAN1; 01-27-2020 at 04:36 AM.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

Total Box Office : $33+ million worldwide

Total Production Budget : $45 million

Clint Eastwood's 38th directed film (yes he's directed 38 films since 1971 !) Richard Jewell was based on the true story of an American hero Richard Jewell who saved lives at the 1996 Olympics. The film had been in development for a number of years before the 89 year old Eastwood decided to do the film. While its gotten great critical reviews the film arrived in a crowded holiday season of 2019.

Richard Jewell has only done $22+ million domestically and the 1st Eastwood directed film since 2006's "Flags of Our Fathers" to be a bust at box office. Which is a good span for a man in his 70's/80's to have box office success with his next 11 films in that span. This is a rare miss for the acclaimed Eastwood.
    A rare miss indeed. Did this film get anything in the way of Oscar buzz? Perhaps the goal of Richard Jewell was to win prizes, not box office glory.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

Total Box office : $33 million worldwide

Total Production Budget : $50-80 million

In January of 2020 this film was released and opened across a number of international markets. The horror/sci-fi film landed with a huge thud at box office. Starring Kristen Stewart and T.J Miller the movie was a big bust for 20th Century Fox and continues their miserable 2019 run. It also continues Stewart's run of busts stretching back a few years. Her biggest was the 2019 reboot of Charlie's Angels.

There is only 9 markets left internationally for Underwater to open in and all of them are small markets that won't likely help Underwater earn a profit. But the run of 20th Century Fox;s disaster box office wise in 2019 runs into 2020 with already 2 busts (Spies in Disguise the other one).
    Having Stewart headline ANY film is a bad idea, that and the fact this film was no doubt seen as a ripoff of Alien probably didn't help things any.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post

Not surprised about Dr Dolittle. RDJ looks very dis-interested in the film and quite drunk in most of the clips I saw. People need to leave Cats alone.

A problem with Richard Jewell is the movie about how the press smeared him smears the Atlanta reporter who wrote the story. Bad look for Eastwood if he wanted this to be about the integrity.

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/...alist-n1101126
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Plus there really isn't an untold story to be had here (with Jewell) unless it is to smear somebody involved. The story had no secret revelations to make that change the substance or to make it substantially different from what we know already.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.