Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 107
  1. #46
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    19,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Bad Boys just broke the record for January previews, it'll probably be fine.

    Dolittle's the one that's expected to bomb big time, because of dumpster fire reviews and a ridiculous reported budget that's higher than the ones for the other wide new movies this month (The Grudge, Underwater and Bad Boys) combined.
    According to Box Office Mojo, Bad Boys raked in $23,500,000 through Friday while Doolittle managed only $6,300,000. Looks like Will and Martin still have the magic, even after a 17 year layoff between films while RDJ laid an egg in his first post-MCU role.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  2. #47
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,063

    Default

    Will Smith needs a hit. He has had a bad run lately.

  3. #48
    Fantastic Member basbash99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    East Taunton, Mass, USA
    Posts
    383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Will Smith needs a hit. He has had a bad run lately.
    I mean granted the pigeon movie and Gemini Man didn't do well, but Aladdin made a billion.

  4. #49
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by basbash99 View Post
    I mean granted the pigeon movie and Gemini Man didn't do well, but Aladdin made a billion.
    True, but that one was almost a gimme. Everyone knew that movie was going to make bank except the Disney haters who have said every live action remake was going to fail. Take out Aladdin and his last 4 or 5 have all been kind clunkers. Bright, Suicide Squad, Collateral Beauty. Concussion was the last time he got any real praise for his acting.

  5. #50
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    2,093

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    True, but that one was almost a gimme. Everyone knew that movie was going to make bank except the Disney haters who have said every live action remake was going to fail. Take out Aladdin and his last 4 or 5 have all been kind clunkers. Bright, Suicide Squad, Collateral Beauty. Concussion was the last time he got any real praise for his acting.
    Tbf he didn't act in the 3 films listed. He just played himself

  6. #51
    Extraordinary Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,093

    Default

    I'm hoping the Wonder Woman movie isn't affected by "Cats". No idea what Cheetah looks like, but if she looks anything like the characters in that bomb, it might detract.

  7. #52
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    8,213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    True, but that one was almost a gimme. Everyone knew that movie was going to make bank except the Disney haters who have said every live action remake was going to fail. Take out Aladdin and his last 4 or 5 have all been kind clunkers. Bright, Suicide Squad, Collateral Beauty. Concussion was the last time he got any real praise for his acting.
    I'd take Bright off that. Critcaly it got roasted but it was insanely popular and Netflix green lit a sequel immediately. Though I dont know if that's still happening. Also Suicide Squad got torn apart but made alot of money and Will Smith being Will Smith was one the things got praise in the movie. Not becuase he was good but because outside of him and a couple other actors the rest was so bad. So his career is fine for now. But I would like to see more Pursuit of Happiness,6 degrees of separation, Concussion, Ali, 7 pounds will smith

  8. #53
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    47,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm hoping the Wonder Woman movie isn't affected by "Cats". No idea what Cheetah looks like, but if she looks anything like the characters in that bomb, it might detract.
    I think that's probably why they haven't shown off Cheetah in Cheetah mode yet. They want to make sure the visuals are strong.

  9. #54
    Ultimate Member Gray Lensman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    10,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think that's probably why they haven't shown off Cheetah in Cheetah mode yet. They want to make sure the visuals are strong.
    A villain looking creepy isn't going to be as big a drawback as the protagonist, or the entire cast. At least in my opinion.
    "Theory: The Phoenix doesn't corrupt the characters, it corrupts the authors." Gambit, King of Thieves

  10. #55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    A villain looking creepy isn't going to be as big a drawback as the protagonist, or the entire cast. At least in my opinion.
    But a villain looking like an intern CGI artist did the work would be.

  11. #56
    Astonishing Member Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,162

    Default

    So I was curious to how bad Will Smith has been doing in reality

    Bad Boys 3 currently 68 million,It has 90 million budget
    Spies in Disguise 111 million/ 117 million
    Gemini Man 138 million / 172 million
    Aladdin 183 million/ 1 billion
    *Bright 90 million budget
    Collateral Beauty 36 million /88 million
    Suicide Squad 175 million / 746 million
    Concussion 35 million/ 48.6 million
    Focus 50 million / 159 million
    MIB 3 215-225 million 624 million

    **After Earth 130/ 240 million
    Seven pounds 54 million/ 166 million
    Hancock 150 million/ 624 million
    I am Legend 150 million/ 585 million
    Pursuit of Happiness 55 million/307 million
    Shark Tale 75 million/ 367 million

    I robot 120 million/ 346 million
    Hitch 70 million/ 368 million
    Bad Boy 2 130 million/273 million


    It doesn't look that bad to me, He has two big whiffs in Gemini Man and Spies in Disguise. Everything else is solid exception for concussion and that was him award season
    hunting.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 01-19-2020 at 05:39 AM.

  12. #57
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    So I was curious to how bad Will Smith has been doing in reality

    Bad Boys 3 currently 68 million,It has 90 million budget
    Spies in Disguise 111 million/ 117 million
    Gemini Man 138 million / 172 million
    Aladdin 183 million/ 1 billion
    *Bright 90 million budget
    Collateral Beauty 36 million /88 million
    Suicide Squad 175 million / 746 million
    Concussion 35 million/ 48.6 million
    Focus 50 million / 159 million
    MIB 3 215-225 million 624 million

    **After Earth 130/ 240 million
    Seven pounds 54 million/ 166 million
    Hancock 150 million/ 624 million
    I am Legend 150 million/ 585 million
    Pursuit of Happiness 55 million/307 million
    Shark Tale 75 million/ 367 million

    I robot 120 million/ 346 million
    Hitch 70 million/ 368 million
    Bad Boy 2 130 million/273 million


    It doesn't look that bad to me, He has two big whiffs in Gemini Man and Spies in Disguise. Everything else is solid exception for concussion and that was him award season
    hunting.
    I think the biggest problem as of late is that so many of his films haven't been good critically. Which is harming his appeal now. The only recent movie I would like to see him in a sequel is suicide squad because I do attribute that to the WB/DC issue that is being corrected and I think he would actually thrive in that role. Most everything else I would never want to watch ever again. Especially after earth, horrible film.
    Last edited by ComicJunkie21; 01-19-2020 at 07:53 AM.

  13. #58
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    19,878

    Default

    Doolittle finished the weekend with a domestic take of $30 million and $57 million worldwide according to Box Office Mojo. Given its budget of $175 million, I think it’s safe to say it’s a bust.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  14. #59
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    13,648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Doolittle finished the weekend with a domestic take of $30 million and $57 million worldwide according to Box Office Mojo. Given its budget of $175 million, I think it’s safe to say it’s a bust.
    There was no way given its budget and terrible Downey accent he was trying would this work. I mean I won't list it for a few weeks but things don't look promising.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  15. #60
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    19,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    There was no way given its budget and terrible Downey accent he was trying would this work. I mean I won't list it for a few weeks but things don't look promising.
    He didn't sound any better in those two turns as Sherlock Holmes several years ago.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •