Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Default So is SO canon again?

With the ending of DDC, does this mean that Johns SO is now his official origin again? Do we know?
    Assassinate Putin!

Can we have a new Secret Origins series please?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The skeleton of SO is his origin now yes, although he never had adventures with the LoSH as a kid, at least as far as we know right now.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The skeleton of SO is his origin now yes, although he never had adventures with the LoSH as a kid, at least as far as we know right now.
    That's right. I forgot about that. Unless his mind was wiped afterward or something.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    That's right. I forgot about that. Unless his mind was wiped afterward or something.
    I’m hoping that’s the retcon they end up going with down the road if they’re committed to Bendis Legion. Clark Superboy has adventures with the Legion as a kid but everyone’s minds get wiped for whatever reason so none of them remembered until recently.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

He did have adventures with legion superheroes. It says so in doomsday clock. The first thing imra asks clark is whether he remembers them when she returned. Clark was superboy and did ran around as a kid with them. It's reborn situation, again. Before ddc, jon was legion's inspiration . Now, clark is.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    He did have adventures with legion superheroes. It says so in doomsday clock. The first thing imra asks clark is whether he remembers them when she returned. Clark was superboy and did ran around as a kid with them. It's reborn situation, again. Before ddc, jon was legion's inspiration . Now, clark is.
    Yes in DDC Johns did recanonize Superboy’s Legion adventures. Will Bendis acknowledge and incorporate that? Remains to be seen. I don’t count any continuity changes as “counting” until other writers start acknowledging it, especially given how in flux DC is these days, and Bendis has a penchant for ignoring what other writers do. Will that be the case here? Again remains to be seen.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Yes in DDC Johns did recanonize Superboy’s Legion adventures. Will Bendis acknowledge and incorporate that? Remains to be seen. I don’t count any continuity changes as “counting” until other writers start acknowledging it, especially given how in flux DC is these days, and Bendis has a penchant for ignoring what other writers do. Will that be the case here? Again remains to be seen.
    Yeah, I would say it's more of a wait and see thing. Bendis said he will acknowledge doomday clock, but so far only Clark's being back is the only thing he said will be referenced in his books. Jon being the one to meet the legion was a big plot point eariler this year so it'd be weird if that was brushed aside so quickly.