Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Athanasia Al Ghul could work as a villian/supporting character. Damian having a sister who faced similiar experiences to him but is still firmly under control of the league or wanting revenge on anyone associated with the league could be interesting. We kinda have that already with his cousin Mara so alternatively she could be used in such a role. I think it would be nice to see Damian try and influence his sister or cousin and try to free them from the league. Could get alot of emotional stories out of it I think.

My one concern is that writers would turn her good too quickly and you would end up with a situation where you have a second damian in the Batfamily who is a bit redundant.
    Yeah I agree with your concerns I feel it would be better for her to like I said earlier be against the League and have a grudge against Damian for just being recognized by their mother I guess and for her to build or be part of some other group that's as dangerous as the League. I can see her showing up maybe when Damian is older and he's wearing the Batman mantle and maybe he could have a Oliver slash Emiko relationship with her like on Arrow. That way they could drag her redemption out and develop the relationship.

I do think her and Damian's cousin could be made to fulfil a similiar role. Don't particularly need both of them I feel.

Though i doubt we will ever see his cousin again so she could probably be replaced.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Remember when Vicky Vale was his OTL ?
    Bruce has a lot "one true loves" lol.

No more kids period. Creates too many problems with aging of characters. You know damn well if say Selina and Bruce had a baby, it'd be like 12 in 2 years.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    So I liked Athanasia Al Ghul from Injustice and I think it would be interesting to see her appear in main continuity but for her to have lots of issues with not just Bruce but with Talia and I say this because I think it would be cool for instead of someone going after Bruce for someone to go after Ra's al Ghul and the League of Shadows/Assassins in the same way Batman's enemies have gone after him on multiple levels from the psychological, emotional, and physical level and for us to see Batman just get sucked into the whole mess because Damian was dragged into the whole thing to.

I mean yes I love Batman but I think it would be good to see him in a story where he's not the focus not entirely and the consequences are long lasting like the League of Assassins being permanently fractured/destroyed or something. Essentially my idea is for it to come out that Talia and Ra's tossed Athanasia aside over Damian when he was too young to remember and for the reason being that they felt Athanasia was inferior or something to Damian maybe she was born crippled, sick, or was born with mental issues that made her a pariah among the League and was locked up from her birth or something but she was still able to gain some knowledge about her family and train over the years.

Essentially I'm thinking of a Mask of the Phantasm/Hush/Red Hood type story line where some anonymous foe is targeting Ra's, Talia, and Damian (which is how Batman could get involved) using mercanaries and other famous villains as allies/decoys and for the entire arc to be about destroying and torturing the al Ghul family with a rebooted Phantasm as the antagonist. I like Phantasm because I remember a line from Batman Beyond where Bruce says to Ra's that he doesn't fear death but wimpers and that's why I think a grim reaper like foe would really mess with Ra's especially if his empire was collapsing around him and he had no idea who was doing it. At the same time I like the idea of Ra's coming to the realization that he could have had a perfect heir but because of his and Talia's actions said heir wanted nothing to do with him and would rather destroy him and create a new legacy.
    How would she differe from his cousin?

No, more kids make everything a lot more complicated. Bruce can be a crappy dad to his already existing children, no need to add more to the mix.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    Bruce has a lot "one true loves" lol.
    I think most people think Catwoman is the one for him though. She has the longest history with him.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    I think most people think Catwoman is the one for him though. She has the longest history with him.
    And she wasn't a true love interest for most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    How would she differe from his cousin?
    I didn't even know he had a cousin until people started mentioning her in this thread.

Extraordinary Member

I didn't even know he had a cousin until people started mentioning her in this thread.
    Well then read Damian Wayne teen titans first arc

Having a sister show up out of nowhere. I think talia is done

Fantastic Member

Remember how Catwomantried to kill Vicki Vale in Detective Comics because Bruce|Batman was getting serious about their relationship? Remember how prior to Hush, Selina wasn't even considered a major love interest outside of Earth 2 by all the official guides and universe encyclopedias?

Remember how Batman used to be a six figure selling comic prior to Selina being pushed as a OTP and then plummeted in sales once BatCat became the focus?

Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Cyclist View Post
    Remember how Catwomantried to kill Vicki Vale in Detective Comics because Bruce|Batman was getting serious about their relationship? Remember how prior to Hush, Selina wasn't even considered a major love interest outside of Earth 2 by all the official guides and universe encyclopedias?

Remember how Batman used to be a six figure selling comic prior to Selina being pushed as a OTP and then plummeted in sales once BatCat became the focus?

Good times.
    I don't think it was so much Bruce and Selina being a couple then it was just a really poorly written run in general.

Same here, huh, interesting...
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Same here, huh, interesting...
    1st arc of Teen Titans Rebirth.

She was nothing more than his rooftop romance for a bit. Should've stayed that way. The appeal fell as soon as editorial decided it was her turn to be his OTL.
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 12-31-2019 at 12:33 AM.