Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    No more kids with Talia please. One is bad enough.

If he has to have another kid, let it be Helena, born and raised from his actual real relationship with Selina, his true love. She can be sister to Damian.
    That's boring and is likely the reason why helena has been introduced to canon despite having been around all these years.

We've already seen helena and Damian but we didn't get to see more from Damian and Ana That's far more interesting. have her introduced the way Damian's brother was just done in TT's. A character for Damian not Batman.

Batman has too many kids and the Batfamily is too big no more characters added. Bruce has enough kids boys and girls. You can't get more kickass than Cass anyway
    Last edited by dietrich; 01-02-2020 at 04:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I don't think it was so much Bruce and Selina being a couple then it was just a really poorly written run in general.
    I think the Catwoman saves the day crap added to it. people want batman if I want Cat woman I'd go read catwoman. King's run was the very worst.

No wonder the issue that won awards were the Elmer Fudd story and the Annual with the dog. Even those that selected it for an award were very selective.

If I'm being completely honest, Damian doesn't need a biological sibling. He has enough siblings already, most of whom he ignores, and the Batfam is big enough. But if were to ever get one, I'd rather it be Helena than another secret Talia child. I've been wanting her to exist in the mainstream universe for years.

And...I just didn't really care for that girl in the Injustice comics. Granted, I didn't care for the Injustice universe as a whole so there's that lol
    Last edited by Blue22; 01-02-2020 at 05:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    If I'm being completely honest, Damian doesn't need a biological sibling. He has enough siblings already, most of whom he ignores, and the Batfam is big enough. But if were to ever get one, I'd rather it be Helena than another secret Talia child. I've been wanting her to exist in the mainstream universe for years.

And...I just didn't really care for that girl in the Injustice comics. Granted, I didn't care for the Injustice universe as a whole so there's that lol
    He already has a bio sister in Helena Wayne of Earth 2.

I'm aware of their brief meeting. I was just thinking something a little more...official. And permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I'm aware of their brief meeting. I was just thinking something a little more...official. And permanent.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

SO CUUUUUUUTE

Canonically if she's born now there will be about 14 years of age difference huh

By the time she's a Robin at 10-16, he'll be 24-30. That's scary.

He'll be her Batman. Now that's cute.

Damian and stories like these aren't reasons for giving Bruce another kid.
    DC as we already know confirmed over and over by writers who wanted to do family stories does not like stories like this.
    Aside from Tomasi can anyone say with confidence that they can think of any Batman writer who would be interested in stories like these and no 3 if DC is going to add a new character to Batman then that should be to enrich Batman to develop Batman.

If Batman is to have a daughter then i need stories of Bruce and that daugther.

No 3 I'd rather see with Ana not Helena. We already have Jarro so I know what Batman raising a baby would be like.
    Ana also avoids the plot I've seen tossed about Bruce retiring to raise a bio kid when he didn't do anything of the sort with the Orphans or the unwanted kid. That's not a good narrative

I'm looking forward to 5g since i believe it'll be a return of Helena. I really enjoyed her relationship with Damian and she was broken up when he died

Batman is a solid Brand but there's only so much it can carry. Bruce is a horrid, abusive and neglectful dad. enough already what the guy needs is reinforced condoms not more kids to abuse.

How old are lian and Wally's kids? I know Wally's kids came back in Flash Forward

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Make it Helena.
    Otherwise, no more biological kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    I don't get you shippers.

Edit: And back in the day Talia was his one true love. Can we please stop pretending like Selina is Bruce's Lois Lane. She's not.
    Denny wanted us to think of Talia as his one true love, doesn't necessarily mean it was going to stick. And it didn't.

Bruce doesn't have a Lois Lane, but Selina is far and away the closest to her.

Yeah, sure. I guess I must have imagined Bruce having one of the highest numbers of romances in the dc universe then.
    And Selina's been around the longest and the most used. And was the most notable one he married in Earth-2.

She was by far the most popular of his on screen love interests in the 90s films, and the Nolan films ended with them getting together. Her impact in other media is huge and that's even more important than comics. Her only competition is Talia, and she (and the Al Ghuls in general) have always been a bit too problematic to take seriously. Others like Silver and Sasha were used by their creators but didn't have much use otherwise.

I don't think it was so much Bruce and Selina being a couple then it was just a really poorly written run in general.
    Yeah, let's not blame the ship for any problems in the writing. Let's also not pretend that this was some unheard of pairing before King got a hold of them or even before Hush. That's some serious revisionist stuff. It existed long before Tom King, it will exist after.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I think the Catwoman saves the day crap added to it. people want batman if I want Cat woman I'd go read catwoman. King's run was the very worst....
    Exactly the problem. You nailed it.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Remember when Vicky Vale was his OTL ?
    Or Julie Madison? I mean hell Bill Finger created her to be the Lois to Bruce, as she had the whole thing with the Mad Monk, and we know she still in this continuity knows who he is as Batman. Not to mention Andrea from Mask of the Phantasm was clearly built on her story with her father and the crooks. And we saw a possible future with a kid there too.

Damian hasn't quite reached the point where we need to roll out a new Robin. Sister for him, sure, but not quite yet.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

And Selina's been around the longest and the most used. And was the most notable one he married in Earth-2.

She was by far the most popular of his on screen love interests in the 90s films, and the Nolan films ended with them getting together. Her impact in other media is huge and that's even more important than comics. Her only competition is Talia, and she (and the Al Ghuls in general) have always been a bit too problematic to take seriously. Others like Silver and Sasha were used by their creators but didn't have much use otherwise.
    Ah yes, Earth 2 where she was barely a character and mainly existed to give birth to a daughter and then die to motivate her. What a romance. Or the Nolan films were she basically won by default after Rachel and Talia were gone.

This isn't an 80 year old romance guys.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Ah yes, Earth 2 where she was barely a character and mainly existed to give birth to a daughter and then die to motivate her. What a romance. Or the Nolan films were she basically won by default after Rachel and Talia were gone.

This isn't an 80 year old romance guys.
    It's not an 80 year romance, but it's been ship teased on and off for most of that time and has had more serious stretches than the others. The Earth-2 thing isn't much by itself, but it works in tandem with the other media appearances and comic book interactions.

Rachel existed to get fridged to subvert audience expectations, she was never meant to be an endgame. And Nolan didn't even bother with a Talia romance because she's even harder to believe settling down into a marriage than Selina is. And now neither Talia or another love interest are in sight while Selina is in the Batman.

She wins be default because while Bruce has a lot of love interests, few if any of them are actually that memorable. She is overwhelmingly the most popular within his own franchise, I think Bruce/Clark is her most serious overall competition and that's not happening lol.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Somehow this sister thread turns into waifu war...