Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I wonder how this will change how Damian interacts with Bruce. Right now he isn’t having the best relationship with Bruce

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It's not an 80 year romance, but it's been ship teased on and off for most of that time and has had more serious stretches than the others. The Earth-2 thing isn't much by itself, but it works in tandem with the other media appearances and comic book interactions.
    A long history of not working out because neither of them is willing to give up an integral part of themselves. There's a reason why them actually being together is mostly skipped or in King's case, doesn't work.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    A long history of not working out because neither of them is willing to give up an integral part of themselves. There's a reason why them actually being together is mostly skipped or in King's case, doesn't work.
    It's an integral part of themselves because DC has to keep publishing Batman and Catwoman in their prime, and getting them together effectively wraps up the story. You think they are gonna have Bruce settle down and have kids with anyone else? They'd find a reason to break it up. Nolan got them together because his Bruce's story was over so he and Selina could just get over themselves and settle down.

Lois Lane is Superman's #1 love interest and endgame. But it is at times debatable if them actually being married in an ongoing basis is beneficial for them. And this is about Lois, who is much more clear cut than any of Batman's love interests. You can't use it as definitive proof against Selina just because it's not your ship of choice.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I wonder how this will change how Damian interacts with Bruce. Right now he isn’t having the best relationship with Bruce
    He didn't seem to care very much in Injustice where she was introduced so I doubt he'll break down like he did when Shawna was pregnant.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Cyclist View Post
    Remember how Catwomantried to kill Vicki Vale in Detective Comics because Bruce|Batman was getting serious about their relationship? Remember how prior to Hush, Selina wasn't even considered a major love interest outside of Earth 2 by all the official guides and universe encyclopedias?

Remember how Batman used to be a six figure selling comic prior to Selina being pushed as a OTP and then plummeted in sales once BatCat became the focus?

Good times.

I remember Julia mentioning that Batman loves Catwoman after Catwoman was thought to have died from jumping out of a plane after snatching a grenade from bad guy (the narration confirmed it too) while trying to help disguised as a flight attendant.
    Batman issue #382 published July 1985

I remember Batman telling Catwoman that he loves her after she was nearly killed by lightning.
    She was going after Nocturna to clear her name and stop a murderer.
    Detective Comics issue #557 published December 1985

From that issue to when Catwoman's brain was tampered with by the Joker which was immediately followed by a reboot,
    Bruce loved Selina
    Last edited by Starrius; 01-06-2020 at 01:58 PM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    I remember Julia mentioning that Batman loves Catwoman after Catwoman was thought to have died from jumping out of a plane after snatching a grenade from bad guy (the narration confirmed it too) while trying to help disguised as a flight attendant.

I remember Batman telling Catwoman that he loves her after she was nearly killed by lightning.

From that issue to when Catwoman's brain was tampered with by the Joker which was immediately followed by a reboot,
    Bruce loved Selina
    Bruce has told a lot of women he loves them and will love a few more before DC folds +

When did this become a shipping thread?
    Last edited by dietrich; 01-06-2020 at 02:12 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Bruce has told a lot of women he loves them and will love a few more before DC folds +

When did this become a shipping thread?
    It didn't

some people just giving their opinions on stuff
    people brought up Talia's daughter, and so others gave their opinions about it

it is not a crime to do that

if you don't like it, well..........that's your problem
    you can always not read it and just ignore it
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Mighty Member

It's an integral part of themselves because DC has to keep publishing Batman and Catwoman in their prime, and getting them together effectively wraps up the story. You think they are gonna have Bruce settle down and have kids with anyone else? They'd find a reason to break it up. Nolan got them together because his Bruce's story was over so he and Selina could just get over themselves and settle down.

Lois Lane is Superman's #1 love interest and endgame. But it is at times debatable if them actually being married in an ongoing basis is beneficial for them. And this is about Lois, who is much more clear cut than any of Batman's love interests. You can't use it as definitive proof against Selina just because it's not your ship of choice.

Selina is not the clear one true love for Bruce, but she is the most popular love interest for him by far.
    She is also an iconic fictional character in her own right.

I don't think any fictional character has a one true love.
    It depends on the writer.

I am a BatCat fan myself .
    I hate the word, shipper. I never use that term.
    Until 2012, I didn't even know what the word meant.

I am Peter/Mary Jane fan, and I wouldn't claim Bthat Mary Jane is Peter's one true love even though she's his most popular and most enduring love interest.

Barbara is Dick's most popular love interest, but I definitely don't view her as his one true love.
    Of course, I am a Dick/Kory fan who used to be a Dick/Barbara fan until over a year ago.
    I was bothered that the writers made Dick say that the only woman that he ever loved was Barbara even though he had a history of loving Kory for a long time.
    Stuff like that made me end up strongly disliking Dick/Barbara now.

Because I am BatCat fan, I am not fan of any of Bruce's children with women other than Selina.
    I don't care for Damian, and I wouldn't care for Bruce and Talia's daughter in Injustice.

I don't like getting in fictional pairing arguments.
    I definitely don't put down other fictional pairings, but I do defend my fictional pairings including tried to clear up any misconceptions or correct people on mistakes.
    Last edited by Starrius; 01-06-2020 at 07:16 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post

Bruce loved Selina
    Not to mention Len Wein brought Selina into the book immediately after Silver St. Cloud left, to be Bruce's new girlfriend. During the first appearance of Clayface III, so it's been going since at least the late 1970s

Mighty Member

Not to mention Len Wein brought Selina into the book immediately after Silver St. Cloud left, to be Bruce's new girlfriend. During the first appearance of Clayface III, so it's been going since at least the late 1970s
    Yeah...that started with her investing money from an inheritance from a Russian relative in Wayne Enterprise
    Bruce refused at first, but Selina made a point that she has rights
    Then Bruce thought that she was right and changed his mind.
    He didn't want to be the cause of her returning to crime.
    They had lunch, and they really hit it off and Bruce ended up seeing Selina as a woman that he would like to get to know
    Of course, it led to them having a romance which ended with Selina breaking up Bruce because he failed to trust her when she turned to him for help and was innocent of a crime committed by Catman.
    Last edited by Starrius; 01-07-2020 at 01:40 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I thought it was the bat and the car getting married, Selina does not like to be tied down, she ain’t tali’s she can’t do a test tube gestation. Pregnancy cost time. Time is something dc characters don’t want to pay, she will
    End up like Jade in Young Justice

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Heretic recently came back [yep Bruce congratulations you've got another kid] I wouldn't put it past a writer from bringing her in. Talia had a whole frezeer full of Damian's so who's to say she didn't give have a female version Or that she didn't give birth to twins and hide the girl as back up just in case the boy fails.

She could be grooming her to become the next Alexandria as we speak.

I wouldn't mind if we had future stories of grown up Damian having to fight his twin who's trying to take over the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post

I like this gallery.. Anyway if batman is married and she borns.. Damian will be like 15 YEARS older than her..

Anyway.. Probably in few years we will return to the same with Bruce as SINGLE again. Something that I am fine with that. We still have Earth 2 Helena.
    Last edited by adrikito; 01-07-2020 at 12:27 PM.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I like this gallery.. Anyway if batman is married and she borns.. Damian will be like 15 YEARS older than her..

Anyway.. Probably in few years we will return to the same with Bruce as SINGLE again.
    Bruce is single right now. Do You mean Bruce will be with less kids again?

That something will end with the BATxCAT someday. Sure.

The normal was trying to marry BRUCE with SELINA. Make this official in gotham. Not batman and catwoman..

The bad thing here(brucexselina) is that the criminals knows catwoman identity..