Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

so where is it now? The bermuda triangle? What is the external material? Is it larger inside than it is outside, like Dr. Strange's townhouse?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Smallville and The Kents will always be closer to Clark than Krypton, but there has to at least be a curiosity or a wondering of what might have been. It's like when an adopted child was first told about his biological parents. Unless they're dicks, they must be curious to learn about them.

Well, it's different for each child, there are people who don't get curious at all because, for all they care about, the adoptive parents who raised them are his real parents.

But if they have the mementos of their parents or life that could've been, and especially if more relics and survivors keep turning out, they're bound to be curious, even if it takes years.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I didn't even know what it looks like before it becomes crystalline

Attachment 90818

Oh wow, that's weird. Feels more like a Luthor lair because of the color.

I definitely prefer the crystalline version but I don't know which one.
    Not the half durian one from New 52 though. That one's ugly.
    Honestly I've long been a little jealous of Marvel's Asteroid M. I like a location that doesn't scream superhero, which the crystal has to after all these decades. The South American location seems like a pretty literal middle ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so where is it now? The bermuda triangle? What is the external material? Is it larger inside than it is outside, like Dr. Strange's townhouse?
    Yeah it's there.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sup...-solitude/amp/

He actually at one point had a fortress maybe about the size of the DP globe that was as big inside as any other fortress. It was pretty great.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I love it. Not only is it a memorial and testament to Kryptonian culture, but it's a place for Superman to do a lot of things. It's a place only he can reach to be alone, it's a place for him to express his intellect and scientific prowess, it's a place to safeguard vulnerable species or in the case of Kandor entire populations, and it's a headquarters of sorts that provides a uniquely super-themed base. I like the idea of it transforming and moving over the years, but I still prefer idea of it being crystalline. Maybe not as much as the Donner films but the Arctic is wonderfully thematic. I like to think of the inside as full of corridors and rooms, very decorated and heraldic but also personal and lived-in. He needs more adventures stemming from what goes on in there. It's not a familiar default setting like the Batcave but it shouldn't be, it offers vastly different opportunities.