I should preface this by saying I'm a straight white male. But while this topic isn't personal for me, it is starting to anger me.

Kevin Feige just announced that there will be a Trans character in an upcoming Marvel movie, which should be a big deal. But then I got to thinking- every single time they announce something like this, it always ends up being, well, nothing.

They announced a gay character in Endgame, and it ended up being one of the Russo's having a 30 second cameo talking about a date he had at the very beginning of the movie.

They announced a gay character in Star Wars, and it's a blink-and-you-miss-it kiss in the ending montage.

They've announced a gay character who is married with a family in the Eternals, but five will get you ten it will probably be something minor that they can cut out for China.

Looking at the comments on Twitter, it looks like everybody is expecting the same thing here. I feel that it's getting to the point where it will start causing serious backlash against Disney and Marvel if they keep pulling stunts like this. And Gay and Trans superheroes can work, all you have to do is look at the CW. Sara Lance (Bi), Dreamer (Trans), Batwoman (Lesbian), Alex Danvers (Lesbian), Curtis Holt (Gay).. the list goes on.

I guess what I'm asking is will Marvel and/or Disney ever have the guts to put a Gay/Trans character front and center in a major motion picture? And I'm not counting Captain Marvel- it's implied, but not stated.