Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Probably some movie not on the list.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Probably some horrific animated thing with pointless celebrity voice casting, where wisecracking CGI animals dance to a hip hop song.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Probably some horrific animated thing with pointless celebrity voice casting, where wisecracking CGI animals dance to a hip hop song.
    So SCOOB then?

Wonder Woman - bomb
    Dune - bomb
    Fast & Furious 9 - hit
    No Time to Die - hit
    Black Widow - winner
    Raya and the Last Dragon - meh
    The Eternals - hit
    Mulan - hit
    Tenet - meh
    Uncharted - hit
    Soul - meh
    Top Gun: Maverick - megahit
    Halloween Kills - bomb
    Ghostbusters: Afterlife - megahit
    Jungle Cruise - hit
    Free Guy - hit
    Venom 2 - hit
    Morbius - bomb
    A Quiet Place 2 - hit
    Godzilla Vs. Kong - megahit
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Wonder Woman - bomb
    Dune - bomb
    Fast & Furious 9 - hit
    No Time to Die - hit
    Black Widow - winner
    Raya and the Last Dragon - meh
    The Eternals - hit
    Mulan - hit
    Tenet - meh
    Uncharted - hit
    Soul - meh
    Top Gun: Maverick - megahit
    Halloween Kills - bomb
    Ghostbusters: Afterlife - megahit
    Jungle Cruise - hit
    Free Guy - hit
    Venom 2 - hit
    Morbius - bomb
    A Quiet Place 2 - hit
    Godzilla Vs. Kong - megahit
    You think Wonder Woman is gonna bomb? I guess theres a chanse it does less then the first and disappoints but I highly doubt it bombs. The first one did great

Yeah I doubt Wonder Woman bombs at worse it solid imo.

Godzilla vs Kong has the feel of bomb, And last Godzilla movie gave us hint why ,They are just too expensive to make for just mid level interest. Godzilla was a good movie and it didn't real have the impact they wanted

Incredible Member

I think Godzilla vs Kong will do good. The past year was crowded with Disney/Marvel so they really didn't stand a chance, even though King of Monsters was one of the better films that came out imo.

I don't see Mulan doing good as I think people are getting tired of the live action remakes. I have met very few people who have legitimately liked most of the remakes as much as they were hyped up to be. The only remake I actually liked was the Jungle Book, the rest have been sub par at best imo.

Most Pixar films will do good so no argument there.

Wonder Woman will be the biggest winner this year.

Tenet will do good critically and commercially because of word of mouth. Christopher Nolan has my trust on his ability to tell a concrete story, so I'll see it.

Venom 2 will bomb I think. A lot of people didn't like the film and may not be interested in the second one.

Fast and furious will be a hit.

Black widow is a coin flip imo as we don't know how consumers will react to a post Endgame movie slate.

Birds of Prey is another coin flip. I see this movie being a straight hit or miss no in between. It will either be considered one of the best films of the year or one of the worst the plot and screenplay will matter most for this one.
    Last edited by ComicJunkie21; 01-03-2020 at 09:43 AM.

Astonishing Member

I wonder if any movie on that list will make over 400M domestic. Sequels tend to have a lower box office and I wonder if WW84 will beat the first one. And for some reason the views on the trailer aren't that high for a movie of this caliber. Joker got massive views and it exploded at the box office. Aquaman got a lot too and it made over a billion.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The moviegoing public can be a terribly fickle lot, so there's no way to truly know what film might be a hit, and what might be a bomb. In some ways, this thread could well be an exercise in futility as a movie nobody heard about or saw coming could lap the field and wallop everything, including WW84. We'll just have to wait and see I suppose.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

WW84 could be huge if they do it right. People love 80's nostalgia. I doubt we'll see Gal Gadot flouncing around in satin tights (fighting for her rights) and go-go boots, but if they work in some humorous references and easter eggs it could be very popular. This is something the MCU is good at but the DCU has not been, so far. This is their chance to turn it around. But if they do it with a ham fist and a tin ear, they're screwed.

I think Onward will do way better than people think.

I want Eternals, Ghostbusters, and Kong/Godzilla to rock it but I doubt they will. I bet they do decent but not "megahits."

I think BW and WW84 will battle for #1.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I think Eternals is going to be much more successful than most are thinking. Even a messy movie like Captain Marvel cleared a billion. Eternals has two GOT boys and two 90's movie star goddesses, plus more ethnicities than you can shake a stick at. If they deliver the visuals and cosmic space god opera craziness that the comics lay out, it's going to do well. Very well. Maybe even better than BW and almost certainly better than WW.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I think Eternals is going to be much more successful than most are thinking. Even a messy movie like Captain Marvel cleared a billion. Eternals has two GOT boys and two 90's movie star goddesses, plus more ethnicities than you can shake a stick at. If they deliver the visuals and cosmic space god opera craziness that the comics lay out, it's going to do well. Very well. Maybe even better than BW and almost certainly better than WW.
    I think Etenrals beats Black Widow for sure. WW i cant say, if it builds on top of the sucess of the first I can see it being the top film. Either way I'm betting it's one if the top films of the year at the Box office no matter what.

Fast and the Furious will do well, China loves it.

I didn't see Fast and Furious on the list first. I guess that answers it all.