Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Predict what will be the highest grossing movie in 2020 will be

With 2020 almost here people are starting to make prediction for highest grossing movies in 2020

cinemablend prediction

1.Mulan
    2. Black Widow
    3.Fast and Furious 9
    4. Wonder Woman 1984
    5. No time to die(James Bond)
    6. Minions Rise of Guru
    7. The Eternals
    8. Soul
    9. Venom 2
    10. Tenet

IGN List

Wonder Woman - $493.6 million
    Dune - $472.6 million
    Fast & Furious 9 - $357.8 million
    No Time to Die - $338.5 million
    Black Widow $314.8 million
    Raya and the Last Dragon $296.4 million
    The Eternals - $286.9 million
    Mulan - $287.4 million
    Tenet - $274.3 million
    Uncharted - $273.8 million
    Soul - $273.5 million
    Top Gun: Maverick - $263.9 million
    Halloween Kills - $230.7 million
    Ghostbusters: Afterlife - $223.6 million
    Jungle Cruise - $216.8 million
    Free Guy - $204.6 million
    Venom 2 - $203.6 million
    Morbius - $198.7 million
    A Quiet Place 2 - $193.2 million
    Godzilla Vs. Kong - $127.4 million

What are your predictions for highest grossing movies and as a bonus give your sleeper pick to make way more money than people think.

Spectacular Member

Is the IGN list domestic totals only because some of those numbers are ridiculous. There is no way Dune is making that much nor will it be the 2nd highest grossing film of the year. The numbers for Top Gun, Ghostbusters and Halloween look too high as well. Uncharted probably won't even be released this year and its another video game adaptation which have never done well. No way is it making $274 million.

The Get out makers barney reboot movie! It will be a huge hit! A HUGE HIT!!! It will beat them all!!!!

Bwahhahaha!

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/barney-...rney-dinosaur/

OK joking aside it's kind of hard pick yet. Lot of big movies in 2020.

I'll predict WW 1984 is the winner. The 1st movie was a huge hit and 80s nostalgia still seems to be very much in vogue at the moment.

Altho (believe it or not) i've never watched any of the Fast & Furious movies, i wouldn't want to underestimate how well they next one will do, it could be a contender as well.

Widow could be a huge hit but it doesn't feel like it moves the mcu forward so i don't see it making avengers-level money. Eternals feels too obscure to me but maybe it will be a surprise smash like GotG, i dunno.

Not sure about Venom 2 as the first one did great despite being fairly mediocre (imo), could be one of those things were a lot of people who felt compelled to see the 1st one just to check it out might end up skipping the sequel. But i could be way off about that (or any of these predictions, for that matter)

Not listed but I would put as a decent bet for top 10 is Pixar's Onward. Previews are already making the rounds on Disney owned networks. Will probably kill with kids and families.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Wow... no half-billion dollar movies predicted for 2020, much less billion dollar ones. I think it's possible one of these movies will break out and become a dark horse blockbuster. Nostalgia seems to be a driver of that phenomenon, so I'd keep an eye on Wonder Woman 1984 and the Ghostbusters movie... provided they're good.

Maybe they could make a prequel to the Emoji Movie called the Emoticon Movie where everything is in ASCII.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Wow... no half-billion dollar movies predicted for 2020, much less billion dollar ones. I think it's possible one of these movies will break out and become a dark horse blockbuster. Nostalgia seems to be a driver of that phenomenon, so I'd keep an eye on Wonder Woman 1984 and the Ghostbusters movie... provided they're good.

Maybe they could make a prequel to the Emoji Movie called the Emoticon Movie where everything is in ASCII.
    I am pretty sure the IGN numbers are domestic only. There is no way WW 1984 is only making $400+ million WW after the first one did over $800 million.

Astonishing Member

2020 seems to me one of the weakest years in terms of box office hits. It will probably be one of the lowest ones the past decade. I think WW2 will rule the roster but it's hard for me to see a billion dollar movie in that IGN list. IMO they forecasted way too high. Disney should have saved a few of their 2019 billion dollar movies and put them out in 2020. Weak drawing power. But I like to be proven wrong and hope BW and Mulan can draw in the audience. Fast franchise is losing steam in America and no Rock and Stratham. That list is really underwhelming.

2020 looks boring. I think Tenet is the most promising of all.

Gotta be The Eternals I mean marvel can't go wrong.

It won't win any records, but I hope Godzilla vs Kong does a lot better than King of the Monsters did.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    It won't win any records, but I hope Godzilla vs Kong does a lot better than King of the Monsters did.
    Hopefully more like Kong, Skull Island.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

My predictions

1. Mulan- It could be huge in America and China, If it is actually good movie.
    2. Fast & Furious 9 - At some point people will get tired of these movies but they are comfortable zone I expect this to good
    3. The Eternals- This has potential to be a big over the top superhero movie. The brand name is the only name recognition it needs movies like Black Panther,Captain Marvel,Gotg and Aquaman prove you don't need to be household superhero to sell
    4. Black Widow-They are going to heavily push this one,It gives me Winter Soliderish vibes. I think it will do good.
    5. Raya and the Last Dragon- Same reason as mulan
    6. No Time to Die
    7. Minions Rise of Guru
    8. Venom- I think it will do better because of Marvel and Sony working conditions are better meaning that we should see some Spiderman stuff which should boost this film
    9. Tenet
    10. Dune/ Ghostbuster Afterlife

My Surprise is Bloodshot, I think if it is an actually good movie it will do better than people think.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Hopefully more like Kong, Skull Island.
    Hope so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    My Surprise is Bloodshot, I think if it is an actually good movie it will do better than people think.
    It does have Vin Diesel.

Minions Rise of Gru! not Guru.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!