• Topher

1 2.22%
  • Gib

1 2.22%
  • Rufus

1 2.22%
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

But yeah, it was a fairly standard in between arc issue. Little bit of closure, and a bunch of set up. The fact that the spoilers:
    Hostel was left more or less intact kind of makes the entire J-Team saga
    end of spoilers feel pointless, and I can't say I'm terribly interested in Victor/Gert/Gib going to school. Looking forward to the Krakoa tie-in issues. I've wanted her mutant-ness acknowledged for a while, and I'm glad it hasn't changed. I also liked the ending of the issue. Not the spoilers:
    Gib joins the fooseball team
    end of spoilers end, but the spoilers:
    Chase looking to ask Van out
    end of spoilers ending.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    But yeah, it was a fairly standard in between arc issue. Little bit of closure, and a bunch of set up. The fact that the spoilers:
    Hostel was left more or less intact kind of makes the entire J-Team saga
    end of spoilers feel pointless, and I can't say I'm terribly interested in Victor/Gert/Gib going to school. Looking forward to the Krakoa tie-in issues. I've wanted her mutant-ness acknowledged for a while, and I'm glad it hasn't changed. I also liked the ending of the issue. Not the spoilers:
    Gib joins the fooseball team
    end of spoilers end, but the spoilers:
    Chase looking to ask Van out
    end of spoilers ending.
    spoilers:
    Gert in school could be interesting I like that she accidentally summoned her time machine back, Victor needs some normalcy and a support structure after pretending to be dead for all that time.

Is that what Chase was doing at the store? I thought he was going to get a new job. I completely forgot about Van
    end of spoilers

Victor wasn't pretending to be dead. If I remember right, Virginia Vision did kill him, but his head remained intact, Tony Stark sent it to the team, Chase revived him, and then he restored his own body.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    spoilers:
    Gert in school could be interesting I like that she accidentally summoned her time machine back, Victor needs some normalcy and a support structure after pretending to be dead for all that time.

Is that what Chase was doing at the store? I thought he was going to get a new job. I completely forgot about Van
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It might be neat for a bit. Rowell's run has had some school shenanigans so far, and it's been fun. Not sure what Gert's gonna do with a time machine, but at least the Seeds didn't come with her. Victor in high school just makes me want to see the triumphant return of Jorge.

Yeah, took me a second read to register what was happening. We haven't seen much of Van, but I could dig seeing more.
    end of spoilers
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Molly is in Captain Marvel #23 next week.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Cool, I guess that's a follow up from the one-shot in the future. Neat, always cool to see a Runaway make an appearance in another book.

It is, the arc started last issue, but Molly didn't appear in that one.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Runaways #33 was solicited for February, so it looks like we're not getting a monthly release after all. We've already seen the cover, but the solicitation text has been updated:

RUNAWAYS #33
    RAINBOW ROWELL (W) • ANDRES GENOLET (A) • Cover by KRIS ANKA
    • The Runaways are back! Not even a global pandemic, a seemingly endless contentious election and a possible Tik Tok shutdown can stop Gert, Chase, Victor, Molly, Nico, Karolina and Gib.
    • And a new challenge beckons as they explore one of the most terrifying Marvel Universe locations ever– HIGH SCHOOL!
    • It goes better for some than others.
    • For those who don't think High School is an authentic Marvel Universe location, you may be interested that the X-MEN come calling for the Runaways' own Molly Hayes.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99 Order using CODE MAR201042
    Like I was speculating last month, it seems there was some rework done around this upcoming issue to add stuff from the original 34th issue, like the Krakoa plot with Andres Genolet art. Bleeding Cool says they also changed issue 32 to add stuff from issue 33, but I'm not sure if they know this for a fact or are just speculating. They also came to the same conclusion I did that they may be doing this so issue 34 can be turned into the special 100th issue milestone. I guess we'll find out if that is correct next month with the March solicitations.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 11-20-2020 at 04:22 AM.

I reckon we'll see. A bit of a bummer that we're not going monthly again, but not unexpected. I guess it's nice that we were given a little something to tide us over.

Why not just delay issue #32 until January then? Just dropping it as a surprise like that was such a weird choice

Sounds like they aren't treating #34 as the 100th anniversary issue. But I guess we'll see when March comes by.

RUNAWAYS #34
    RAINBOW ROWELL (W) • ANDRES GENOLET (A)
    Cover by KRIS ANKA
    VARIANT COVER BY KRIS ANKA
    Wolverine and Pixie guest-star in RUNAWAYS and answer what Runaways fans have been asking for months: With the X-Men’s opening of Krakoa- the island-nation that welcomes mutants in existence- will Molly go?
    You may think you know the answer to that or what is going to happen here- but this comic is like its stars: They never do what they’re told or expected to do.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Order using APR201026

Are they ignoring the Secret Wars mini, maybe?

Also, Wolverine's own book was missing from the solicits, but he's in both Power Pack and Runaways. I guess it's visit the kids month, lol.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Sounds like they aren't treating #34 as the 100th anniversary issue. But I guess we'll see when March comes by.

RUNAWAYS #34
    RAINBOW ROWELL (W) • ANDRES GENOLET (A)
    Cover by KRIS ANKA
    VARIANT COVER BY KRIS ANKA
    Wolverine and Pixie guest-star in RUNAWAYS and answer what Runaways fans have been asking for months: With the X-Men’s opening of Krakoa- the island-nation that welcomes mutants in existence- will Molly go?
    You may think you know the answer to that or what is going to happen here- but this comic is like its stars: They never do what they’re told or expected to do.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Order using APR201026
    Yeah, I would imagine the solicitation and cover would be updated if they were making this the 100th issue. So I guess this means the book is making it to #38 after all, which honestly surprises me, 'cause I really didn't think it would survive that far in the post-pandemic line of Marvel.

Every solicit that doesn't read as "Last Issue" feels like someone used a wish to make it continue. I do not know why this book continues to be published. I'm not mad about it, but it boggles the mind. There has to be some significant hidden figures somewhere because the monthly sales are horrible, the trades only sell well in a relative sense, and the number of digital sales would have to absolutely dwarf every other title in order to offset the low print numbers. There isn't even a TV show anymore to claim synergy. The only explanation is that someone with a lot of sway REALLY wants the book to reach a legacy #100. For whatever reason.

It's bananas.