Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
Her training with Hellstrom is irrelevant without the arm. The lack of arm has been explained, and Alex being alive again acknowledges that it happened.

Nico isn't the brightest, seems like something she could have easily not kept up with after that team dissolved.
Her training has nothing to do with the arm. She is a trained fighter but she acts nothing like it in the book. Because it's retconned.

Nico was learning different languages before A-Force was formed. She wasn't doing it for the team, she was doing it for herself (issue 1). But that's also retconned.

A writer ignoring continuity isn't exclusive to Runaways. It's just blatantly obvious to me because Nico is one of my favorite characters and I've been following her now retconned journey for a long time and I know her appearances in those books by heart. Rowell is distancing the book from those runs and I realized that bothers me. More now with this recent arc. It's still a great book so I can totally see why it doesn't bother most everyone else