1 2.22%
  • Topher

1 2.22%
  • Gib

1 2.22%
  • Rufus

1 2.22%
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

So why wasn't issue 35 in the just released January solicits? Issues 32-34 were previously solicited for April to June before the pandemic, and are presumably now the October to December issues.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Holy **** yes

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I’m glad the book is back a lot sooner than expected, but God, Marvel’s marketing team is bad. 7 months of complete silence, then they randomly drop the news the book is coming back just a few days before release with barely no promotion, no mention of it on their social media accounts, no proper solicitations or lettered previews... Not the best way to hype up a book that wasn’t doing so hot on the direct market.

Also, I noticed something a bit strange on the news about the book’s return. Here’s what GamesRadar had to say:

Natacha Bustos draws Runaways #32, with regular series artist Andres Genolet returning next issue - with guest stars Wolverine and Pixie.
    And here’s what CBR reported:

Artist Andres Genolet will then join for Runaways #33. "Guest-starring Wolverine and Pixie, the team will descend into one of the most terrifying Marvel Universe locations ever -- HIGH SCHOOL!" This all leads up to the milestone 100th issue of Runaways
    Unless both websites were fed the wrong information, it looks like they changed the direction the book was taking pre-pandemic. The original solicits for issue #33 listed Natacha as the artist and the plot would be only the part about them going to school, with the X-Men plot being for issue #34, which would be the issue in which Andres would return. We know from Rainbow Rowell’s mouth that issues 32 and 33 were finished, so if Natacha is not on art duty anymore and an entire new plot was added to the issue, does that mean they scrapped the original issue 33 completely for a new version that condenses the original issues 33 and 34 into a single issue?

The only explanation that I see for this is that they wanted issue 34, which would be the milestone 100th legacy issue, to be a special issue, and the previous issue 34 might’ve not felt that important, so they decided to switch things up a bit and come up with a new plot for that issue. I also wonder if this new issue 34 might be the finale now. Rainbow had said the arc originally was supposed to go ‘till issue 38, but with so many other books being cut short due to the pandemic, we gotta consider the possibility of Runaways being affected too.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So why wasn't issue 35 in the just released January solicits? Issues 32-34 were previously solicited for April to June before the pandemic, and are presumably now the October to December issues.
    It seems like it was a real last minute decision, which is why we didn’t see the book show up in any October-January solicitations. Marvel did the same thing to Aero and Sword Master by retroactively adding them to months in which they had not been solicited before, although they announced their return way more in advance than Runaways.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 10-23-2020 at 03:49 AM.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

It's likely everyone is just flying by the seat of their pants. I'm not sure if they're juggling the content of the previously solicited issues around or if the press release was just a little confusing. Issue #34 of the current series is only the Legacy #100 if you count the Battleworlds mini-series, and Rowell has stated that she doesn't count it, the YA crossover minis or the FCBD one shot. Editors might overrule that however. So while it's not out of the realm of possibility that things are being shuffled around to make #34 special, I'm assuming they're treating #38 as the true Legacy #100 until confirmed otherwise. The book's release schedule might just continue to be strange while we get there.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 10-23-2020 at 01:43 PM.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    It's likely everyone is just flying by the seat of their pants. I'm not sure if they're juggling the content of the previously solicited issues around or if the press release was just a little confusing. Issue #34 of the current series is only the Legacy #100 if you count the Battleworlds mini-series, and Rowell has stated that she doesn't count it, the YA crossover minis or the FCBD one shot. Editors might overrule that however. So while it's not out of the realm of possibility that things are being shuffled around to make #34 special, I'm assuming they're treating #38 as the true Legacy #100 until confirmed otherwise. The book's release schedule might just continue to be strange while we get there.
    I thought the non-ongoing issues were already accounted when it comes to the legacy numbering. It's weird to me that they're not, but oh well... I guess we'll find out what's going on soon enough when we get the solicitations for the next issues. I hope we're going back to a monthly release.

They're not consistent. Venom's numbering is almost entirely assembled from minis. Amazing Spider-Man's includes the Secret Wars book Renew Your Vows, but Secret Wars is excluded from most of the others. Captain Marvel's counts the two Ms. Marvel runs that starred Carol instead of the various Captain Marvel runs that didn't star Carol. Consequently Ms. Marvel's numbering starts with Kamala's first #1. Champions doesn't count the 1970s series, nor the two issue Infinity Countdown tie-in mini. Avengers does count Avengers No Surrender and Avengers No Road Home - causing Aaron's Avengers to suddenly jump ahead 10 issues (No Road Home's length) on it's legacy numbering. Power Pack only counted it's first series, and not the various minis that came later. Tales of Suspense was counted twice - for Captain America which started at issue 100, and for a new mini-series which also carried on it's numbering.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm glad they're doing something for the Legacy #100 at least. Numberings, can get confusing sometimes but it's I think having a a numeral acknowledgement of past volumes is only helpful. I always liked how Hellboy did it, every storyline was its own mini-series for the most part, but the volume numbering on the inside covering was always Hellboy Volume 1 for the longest time so you knew what the actual issue number was.

In any case. Depending on how you count things we're either several issues beyond #100, just on the brink of it or about Six issues away.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Astonishing Member

Its back. Also when is it up on comixology ?

Should be there already. Is it not?

Astonishing Member

Still not their

I wait for this book on Marvel Unlimited, but I just checked out of curiosity and it's also not on the Marvel Comics app. What the hell? How is it not out digitally? This is too weird, even for Marvel standards.

Was anyone able to get a physical copy?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I wait for this book on Marvel Unlimited, but I just checked out of curiosity and it's also not on the Marvel Comics app. What the hell? How is it not out digitally? This is too weird, even for Marvel standards.

Was anyone able to get a physical copy?
    Finaly up on app yea
    And physically had adds for Empyre

This was a good issue, I feel like everyone but Karolina had some great scenes

Even Gib managed to make himself less annoying

Picked it up at the shop after work. It was alright, not too much happened that wasn't already indicative of happening from the solicits but I liked Natacha Bustos' art.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    This was a good issue, I feel like everyone but Karolina had some great scenes

Even Gib managed to make himself less annoying
    I agree. Gib certainly has the capability of being less annoying now.

Also are high school coaches allowed to talk to students like that?