1 2.22%
  • Gib

1 2.22%
  • Rufus

1 2.22%
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Plothole: Since Alex died, wouldn't he have needed to get a new phone number when he came back? He would've been disconnected and thus shouldn't still have the number Gert remembers.
    Not really. It was the Wilder residence she called which was shown to have not been seized by the police due to booby traps. The phone company could have just as easily not disconnected their service in that time. Explainable enough, taking issue with it would be awfully pedantic.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Also, looks like we're getting the legacy issue One-Hundred with issue #38. Not too shabby for a volume that by most measurable metrics should have been cancelled a year ago.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

So not only is this volume caught up to the longest running volume of Runaways, but we're getting a 100th anniversary?

It's safe to say the trades saved the series and it's CBs baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    So not only is this volume caught up to the longest running volume of Runaways, but we're getting a 100th anniversary?
    Yep - letters page in #30 mentioned that they're keeping count, even though the legacy number isn't on the cover.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Nico and Karolina appeared in Voices.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

RUNAWAYS #33
    RAINBOW ROWELL (W)
    NATACHA BUSTOS (A)
    Cover by KRIS ANKA
    The Runaways descend into one of the most terrifying Marvel Universe locations ever: HIGH SCHOOL!
    It goes better for some than others.
    For those who don’t think high school is an authentic Marvel Universe location, you WILL agree that who shows up at the end is a VERY authentic Marvel guest star!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

A guest star... Gabby Kinney? She was mentioned on the letters page of this week's issue and hasn't been sighted on Krakoa, for some reason she's not with Laura any more. Maybe she enrolled herself in school?

We know Karolina was at college already, so I don't think she, Nico, or Chase would be enrolling in high school. Molly might want to go back to school, she was reluctant to leave in an earlier arc. Though she should only be in junior high. The cover shows Gib, Victor, and Gert, so we can assume they're enrolling.

Yeah. Gert is likely going to high school or Molly is going back to school.

I'm still waiting for the Viv vs. Victor but Rowell just won't roll that dice. Also, I keep thinking Runaways will tie in to Outlawed soon.

Is Gib going to eat a bully?

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Yeah. Gert is likely going to high school or Molly is going back to school.

I'm still waiting for the Viv vs. Victor but Rowell just won't roll that dice. Also, I keep thinking Runaways will tie in to Outlawed soon.
    We now know it won't, unless Outlawed lasts more than six months. Rainbow said that the next arc is issues 32 to 38. Then if approved, the next one will be issues 39 to 45.

I am honestly surprised this new arc has nothing to do with Outlawed. The team should be affected. If they're not, it's a major continuity error.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-20-2020 at 06:35 PM.

Maybe Outlawed is what forces them back into school? Just throwing that out there.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe Outlawed is what forces them back into school? Just throwing that out there.
    All the books that are tying in to Outlawed are making that pretty clear in their solicits and covers, though, and Runaways doesn't mention the event or has the Outlawed logo on the cover, so I'm assuming the book is just skipping it altogether.

Maybe they play a part in the event, but only in the one-shot or in the Champions book. And if they do, I don't expect their role to be too big, as the focus seems to be mostly on the Champions characters.

I don't really care about Outlawed

But I am living for how slutty Anka drew Gib on that cover

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    We now know it won't, unless Outlawed lasts more than six months. Rainbow said that the next arc is issues 32 to 38. Then if approved, the next one will be issues 39 to 45.

I am honestly surprised this new arc has nothing to do with Outlawed. The team should be affected. If they're not, it's a major continuity error.
    Rowell is doing her own thing and not getting dragged to a tie in a kinda good but they still feel isolated to the MU. I do think we will get a tie in either later on or in a mini.