1 2.22%
  • Gib

1 2.22%
  • Rufus

1 2.22%
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I think part of the problem is that Rowell isn't interested in writing dynamic fight scenes, so we're just getting the New J-Team's missions from Gert's perspective.

It's telling, not showing
    Basically. But even still, this felt like a non-issue. Every character ends the issue in the exact same situation they were in when it started, and the additional information learned was minimal. Maybe the arc was extended for an additional issue because Twenty-Nine wastes four pages of real-estate on two panels.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Super random prediction: after Doc is found out -- maybe after some tragedy? -- the kids decide that he becomes dinner for Gib..
    At this point I just want Gib to go to bed hungry, and not wake up.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Oh yikes.
    spoilers:
    So Doc wants to marry and then kill Karolina?
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Runaways #29:

spoilers:
    On top of the grim plan for Karolina, anyone else get an impression that Matthew is connected to Doc Justice via Doc J's marriages? I worry that Matthew is related to a former Princess Justice from that scene at the end.
    end of spoilers

Yeah. spoilers:
    He's that baby we saw, on one of the newspaper clippings Gert was reading, right?
    end of spoilers
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

spoilers:
    Oof, of course. Well, at least he'll have a link to the OG Runaways right there if he ever snaps out of it.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I don't know about all of that, but I definitely get the vibe that his plan is to kill Karolina. Any actual marriage attempt is a complete non-starter for numerous reasons though.
    end of spoilers

Also finished up episode Five of the third season of the show last night. I was embarrassed for every actor in that episode, it was just sad. If this is the kind of thing to resort to in a third season I'm glad that it's not getting a fourth.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Its been a little while since I binged but from what I remember I liked the Rite of Thunder episode better

spoilers:
    Gert just fucking stabbed her mom, it was hilarious
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

spoilers:

While I’m entirely unsurprised that Doc wasn’t on the level; the petty and venal nature of his villainy is. I do admit that, assuming the rough timeline is true, I’m morbidly interested in the secret history of the west coast hero scene, if only to find out when exactly he went off the deep end (and probably became a reason there are/were so few in LA)

There is the question that, ominous intentions on Karolina aside, if Doc’s looking for scripted reality tv, then if he has a hand on the current ‘Pride’ he’d presumably keep the Runaways as is while gradually turning them into his Hank Pym-esque vanity project. Which raises the possibility that it’s exactly as advertised, and Doc’s the idiot playing games with a dangerous criminal syndicate.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Speaking of the reality TV thing, Doc Justice really is an idiot. It's been done twice already. The first time was the New Warriors, who were destroyed in Civil War. The second time was very recent - the West Coast Avengers. And that was in LA too, so there's no reason Doc Justice shouldn't know about it! That team ended after the War of the Realms (their final appearance was a Superior Spider-Man tie-in to that event.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Okay, all these spoilers are really making me think that I might start picking this book up again after this arc.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Its been a little while since I binged but from what I remember I liked the Rite of Thunder episode better

spoilers:
    Gert just fucking stabbed her mom, it was hilarious
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Four wasn't bad, granted I didn't like them writing out Xavin. They wrapped up the alien host thing too quickly though, the first three episodes really made me feel like it was going to be the longer ongoing plot that the Le Fay one. Hopefully episode Five is the odd man out I guess, the time skip could end up being interesting enough. I just hope they ditch dreamscapes, and virtual reality.
    end of spoilers

As far as comics speculation, I just wish what was going on was interesting enough to do so. Every plot element feels predictable if it isn't wholly uninteresting. But waht can I say, Runaways is one of the few comics out there I don't think I have the heart to actually drop. Hopefully the next arc is better, and we manage to snag a nice legacy One-Hundred.

Gave up on the show a few minutes into episode seven of the final season. There are just so many more interesting things to watch, and it doesn't have the benefit of binge inertia when it airs weekly.

Apparently Molly Hayes appeared in that Captain Marvel: The End one-shot a week or so ago, and more or less carried on with her Battle of the Atom future look. Seems like kind of an odd place for her to appear, but I only know some of the context.

I'm used to the CW schlock so Runaways was actually an improvement

I'm a bit disappointed is all. I very much liked the first two seasons, and this one started off alright. But it stopped clicking with me quickly during the third episode, and only got worse with the fourth. I've never turned around so negatively on a show so quickly before, not without there being a clear behind the scenes explanation as to why it changed. But as far as I know, nobody was fired or died between seasons, no one important to the show's direction at least.

Hopefully the comic gets the chance to get better again.

I really didn't love season 3 a lot, it was just not written well at all imo. I hate that I didn't love it because I loved the first 2 seasons.