• Topher

1 2.22%
  • Gib

1 2.22%
  • Rufus

1 2.22%
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Xavin was fun, I miss them. Gonna be hard to make the team not look like assholes in the event of their return though. They have at least one plot coupon that would certainly make things easy for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I neeeeed the Wolverine & Pixie attempt to entice Molly to join Krakoa issue. I need it. I need it. I need it.

But, for real though, Wolverine SHOULD HAVE brought Gabby/Scout/HoneyBadger instead. Or in addition. Either way she should'a been brought with.

Gabby & Molly are destined for duo-greatness.
    I very much want to see the issue in some form. As much as Runaways works well in isolation I don't mind the occasional reminder that it does exist in a larger worlds of sorts. Seeing that Molly is allowed to be acknowledged as a mutant again I hope that future stories pull from the various villain archetypes that the kids represent. Everything has been about the Pride or poor decisions during this volume.

Gabby could have been fun to bring into the mix, but I think it'd be a cool move to pull X-Men with villainous lineage too. If nothing else I think Polaris would have been cool to bring into the mix. Maybe with a few California native mutants as well: Hellion, Jubilee, Skin, ETC.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

I miss Xavin
    SAME.
    Real talk: At this point, deep in my heart, I want Xavin to reemerge within the Empyre event. I would LOVE to see them at Teddy's side, given their history and how adamant Xavin was about Teddy's destiny -- there's is a relationship I would really appreciate getting some attention.

AFTER that, when the Empyre event has concluded, perhaps Xavin can seek out a reunion with the Runaways to have their heart shattered by the revelation of Nicolina. <shrug> I guess.

I haven't been keeping up with anything Empyre related, but it would certainly make a lot of sense for Xavin to show up there. How hard could it be to pull Xavin from whatever space prison they're in on Majesdane? IIRC it's presently ruled by Space Wizards who probably don't care about Karolina or a single Skrull captive.

Or just throw them into the Guardians of the Galaxy book, granted that series doesn't have a shortage of green people. Maybe Xavin can date Groot.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Honestly the fact that Xavin and Noh-Varr aren't Teddy's chief advisors is straight up bull honky

Honestly the fact that Xavin and Noh-Varr aren't Teddy's chief advisors is straight up bull honky
    It'd make sense. Granted I don't know how well Xavin would like working with Noh-Varr. He can be a pain in the neck.

BABE.

STOP IT.

I feel that in my SOUL.
    Last edited by Fokken; 06-25-2020 at 09:54 AM.

Ultimate Member

Yes!

For an event with Teddy front and center, I'm seeing far too much Avengers vs. FF stuff in this beginning. I want more of Teddy and related characters, even if I know Reed and Tony and Carol need to be there for marketing reasons.

And Xavin would be *perfect* here, and is totally not being used in any Runaway related context.

Now that I think about it, with the timing of the event along with how the J-Team arc concluded.... This would have been the perfect opportunity for a Runaways event mini-series. Boost the sales a bit with a space adventure.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Oh, I forgot to post about this here, but insider Charles Murphy wrote an article the other day about Victor Mancha, and he says he had info about how he was supposed to appear in season ONE of the show, but that changed for some reason. He then theorizes that Victor could show up in a Marvel Studios production in the future, but that's not confirmed or anything. Anyway, it's interesting that they considered using him that early on in the show. I wonder how he would've fit into the bigger narrative.

That art is lovely. Clarissa Thibeaux did a good job with the material she was given, but overall, live-action Xavin was still a disappointment to me. The character just didn't have most of the things that made them interesting in the comics. To me, it was clear they saw them as a guest star on the show, and not an actual member of the Runaways like in the comics. Their send off didn't really do much for me because of that; I wasn't emotionally invested in that version of Xavin, so them going away was just like... ok, bye then. And that sucks, because they did so well with the other Runaways members. Xavin is the one character I wouldn't mind being completed rebooted in the MCU, tbh. Gimme Super-Skrull, genderfluid, actual love interest to Karolina Xavin, Mr. Feige!

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    SAME.
    Real talk: At this point, deep in my heart, I want Xavin to reemerge within the Empyre event. I would LOVE to see them at Teddy's side, given their history and how adamant Xavin was about Teddy's destiny -- there's is a relationship I would really appreciate getting some attention.

AFTER that, when the Empyre event has concluded, perhaps Xavin can seek out a reunion with the Runaways to have their heart shattered by the revelation of Nicolina. <shrug> I guess.
    Xavin makes SO MUCH SENSE for Empyre. They were literally the first character to push Teddy towards becoming a leader for their kind. That was years before Teddy even met the Knights and got Excelsior. Xavin was so ahead of their time, and it's gonna be such a waste if they're not around to witness this new era for the Kree and the Skrulls.

Xavin is also totally the kind of character I can see Ewing bringing back from limbo, with his love for continuity and D-list characters. I think maybe he only wouldn't be allowed to do that if Rowell had bigger plans for Xavin on the new Runaways arc, but now that the book's future is kind of uncertain, I hope Ewing at least gets to bring the character to the aftermath of Empyre, as I'm sure there will be at least one new book to spin out of the event.

Yup. I take Xavin and Noh being his advisors over random blue lady and Kl'rt any freaking day. Xavin/Noh/Teddy being the Three Cosmic Musketeers is just... powerful. Better yet: have the three of them leading a Knights Of The Infinite book. THE POTENTIAL!

Karolina can come in too to add some flavor outside of the Kree/Skrull characters. I want her to be able to do some stuff outside of the Runaways too like Nico, Chase and Victor have done in Avengers Arena/Undercover, A-Force and Avengers A.I.. It would be nice to see her with a cosmic team.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Now that I think about it, with the timing of the event along with how the J-Team arc concluded.... This would have been the perfect opportunity for a Runaways event mini-series. Boost the sales a bit with a space adventure.
    It boggles my mind that we never got another Runaways/Young Avengers crossover. It was a concept that worked so well, and yet, they never bothered with it again after Secret Invasion. Empyre would've definitely been a good opportunity for another one. Teddy getting the two teams together to help rescue Xavin from cosmic prison is a plot that was just waiting to be written.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 06-25-2020 at 10:19 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Yup. I take Xavin and Noh being his advisors over random blue lady and Kl'rt any freaking day. Xavin/Noh/Teddy being the Three Cosmic Musketeers is just... powerful. Better yet: have the three of them leading a Knights Of The Infinite book. THE POTENTIAL!

Karolina can come in too to add some flavor outside of the Kree/Skrull characters. I want her to be able to do some stuff outside of the Runaways too like Nico, Chase and Victor have done in Avengers Arena/Undercover, A-Force and Avengers A.I.. It would be nice to see her with a cosmic team.
    It would be neat to see more use of the Majesdanians, as well, not just Karolina (but yes, also Karolina!). Perhaps as (cautious) allies of this new Kree/Skrull alliance. It would add some variety to the Kree and Skrulls alone being part of this union, and perhaps foreshadow an eventual alliance to rival the Shiar with their dozens (hundreds?) of races.

And I kind of want Broo, the new Brood King (and perhaps the Sidri faction on earth, or even the Plodex?), to get involved, somehow!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It would be neat to see more use of the Majesdanians, as well, not just Karolina (but yes, also Karolina!). Perhaps as (cautious) allies of this new Kree/Skrull alliance. It would add some variety to the Kree and Skrulls alone being part of this union, and perhaps foreshadow an eventual alliance to rival the Shiar with their dozens (hundreds?) of races.

And I kind of want Broo, the new Brood King (and perhaps the Sidri faction on earth, or even the Plodex?), to get involved, somehow!
    I just mentioned Karolina because, let's be real, she is pretty much the only relevant Majesdanian character that ever existed in Marvel Comics, LOL. But yes, they could use her to rectify this and bring more Majesdanians into the story. There is a lot of potential in how the Kree/Skrull Empire will connect to other species. Like, can Teddy assure the peace between the Skrulls and the Majesdanians that Xavin and Karolina failed to? And what about the Inhumans' difficult relationship with the Kree? A lot of different angles to explore.

I really just want a rematch between Xavin, and Noh-Varr. Brainwashed or not I think Xav would hold a grudge.

Thibeaux was lovely, but they really did waste the character of Xavin. Some of the elements were there, and I did like what limited action the character was given. But they were written out in a dumb ass manner, and the following episodes of the show just became more stupid*. I would have taken Livvie as a Meteor Freak/Tina Greer analogue for Xavin over what we actually received.

*I'm not going to finish the season. I've had nothing but time to do so, and I just can't be bothered.

Who wants to learn Creative Spell Casting?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The only thing Nico is qualified to teach is fashion design, and scuba diving. She's a Fifth Edition Warlock trying to teach at a Wizard school. I guess if Runaways never comes back we won't have to worry about how it even makes sense that she's there.

But unless she's letting her students borrow the Staff, what can she actually teach them?
    She doesn't know how to cast magic without it

Also it's ridiculously dangerous for her to be wasting spells teaching other people, every spell she casts at that school is a spell she can't use later when her life is in danger.