1 2.22%
  • Topher

1 2.22%
  • Gib

1 2.22%
  • Rufus

1 2.22%
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

If two are completed, that means the issue solicited for June isn't. And I assume the arc was two more issues beyond that.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

ISTG if she's teasing a character coming back and it's not Xavin AGAIN... I'll be officially done.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If two are completed, that means the issue solicited for June isn't. And I assume the arc was two more issues beyond that.
    I seem to recall her saying she wrote up until issue 38 and had plans for issues 39-44 (but they weren't greenlit yet), so it seems like it was a 7-issue arc. Although with this climate in comics right now, who knows if the book can even make it to 38. If Marvel ends up pulling the plug before the arc ends, I hope they give her some time to rework the scripts to accommodate an earlier ending.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Yes, the upcoming arc was planned to be Seven issues with the first two having been ready for print for a while now. The entire arc is scripted, and approved and she was talking to editors about what would come next before the lockdown disturbed everything. As far as the book's future goes, nothing seems to be off the table. It could be done, and we'll never see the next arc. Or they might just be holding off on traditional publishing until the market regains some stability. Digital seems like a reasonable call, but nothing has been said of it.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Yes, the upcoming arc was planned to be Seven issues with the first two having been ready for print for a while now. The entire arc is scripted, and approved and she was talking to editors about what would come next before the lockdown disturbed everything. As far as the book's future goes, nothing seems to be off the table. It could be done, and we'll never see the next arc. Or they might just be holding off on traditional publishing until the market regains some stability. Digital seems like a reasonable call, but nothing has been said of it.
    If two issues are completed, then I think at least those two will certainly be published, even if just digitally, 'cause now it doesn't seem like the best time to not even try to cash in on stuff they already spent their money on. Worst case scenario is if we only get those two issues and Marvel decides to not let the book continue production, so we would end up with an unfinished run. Then again, it wouldn't be the first time this happens to Runaways... but I really hope we get a full arc.

I honestly thought we would have heard something by now. I guess things in the States aren't any more stable than they were a month ago, but you'd think with every other publisher getting back on track Marvel would at least have a few more announcements about missing titles.

In the meantime, let's speculate on which Runaway is handling the pandemic the worst. I'm gonna go with Karolina, I just don't see her being routinely smart/considerate enough to wear a mask in public or embrace social distancing for long.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Well, we should get the solicits for September on Thursday. If Runaways isn't there, then the next thing to look out for is July's digital exclusive schedule.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

That sucks. Hopefully it comes back eventually

Yeah, I was actually fairly excited to see what was coming next. But I guess the there was some finality to the J-Team arc, enough to call it an end for now.

How can the writer not know if it's coming back or not? Presumably she's had to down tools, surely she needs to know if she should look for other work?

How can the writer not know if it's coming back or not? Presumably she's had to down tools, surely she needs to know if she should look for other work?
    Presumably the publishers haven't decided yet or have not told her editors. As for looking for other work? YA novel advances can be rather generous, I wouldn't be surprised if her advance on the third Simon Snow book is more than she would make working on Runaways for a decade. A monthly comic certainly isn't her primary source of income.

The fact that she's wondering if she'll even be able to share the story with us someday is... not very hopeful. Unless she was just being funny.

Every creator who gets asked about books in limbo say the same thing, so I'm assuming Marvel hasn't officially told anyone their books were cancelled (except maybe to the creators of the Empyre tie-ins that were apparently scrapped).

Marvel is definitely letting their talent know they can pursue other work, though. Simone Di Meo, who was going to be the artist on the Champions book, just recently announced he's on a new independent book with Al Ewing. Some other artists for books that were put on hold also jumped ship to other Marvel books. So I'm assuming Rowell was definitely told she shouldn't just sit around waiting for them.

That means after issue 2 (which was probably already drawn, issue 1 was just two weeks from release upon lockdown), Champions will probably have a fill-in artist until they conclude (and I'm sure it'll now just be a mini).

I neeeeed the Wolverine & Pixie attempt to entice Molly to join Krakoa issue. I need it. I need it. I need it.

But, for real though, Wolverine SHOULD HAVE brought Gabby/Scout/HoneyBadger instead. Or in addition. Either way she should'a been brought with.

Gabby & Molly are destined for duo-greatness.