• Gib

1 2.22%
  • Rufus

1 2.22%
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Runaways #32 will see print in February according to BC:

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/rain...s-in-february/

If true, I'm sad that it will take so long, but I'm also relieved the series will get at least another arc.
    It does say the date is subject to change but uggghhhh, they gotta make room for... Nothing?

Black Widow movie is in limbo plus that Eternals tie in is in limbo as well, you can make room. Oh right, it isn't Knull

If true, I'm sad that it will take so long, but I'm also relieved the series will get at least another arc.
    Seven months from now? Why wait that long?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Almost a year of hiatus... ouch. Oddly enough, though, this could be a good thing for this book. If they were gonna just cancel it, I don't think they would wait this long to publish it. They would probably just do what they did to other titles like Ghost-Spider and Scream, where they got rid of the remaining issues as soon as they could. Maybe waiting longer to publish Runaways is their way of giving the book a fighting chance when the comic book market may or may not be in a better shape. Who knows? Let's wait and see if Rainbow says anything about it.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Good news. A bit of a wait, but I agree that this might be a good thing. The market might be in a better shape, and you can gradually build up excitement for it. A ten month hiatus isn't the worst thing in the world, and under more understandable circumstances than previous runs with delayed issues like Whedon's.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

7 months is enough time to change plans and cancel it still. I'm still worried

True, but cancellation is always a possibility. Seven months is also a lot of time for it to be moved to release earlier.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Which I can see happening. What if it came out digitally in September or October, and in print in February? That'd be similar to what happened with books like Ghost-Spider a couple of months ago, which were initially announced as finishing digital only, only for a print release to later be announced as well.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I can see it digital first but canning it? CBs Baby?

For what it's worth, I do think we will get issues 32 and 33 for no reason other than the fact that we know those two issues are finished. Marvel has nothing to lose by publishing material that's already been finished and paid for, do they? If the book gets the axe after that, then I see two scenarios: they just abruptly end the book even though the arc wasn't finished (it's what happened to Scream), or they'll perhaps let Rainbow Rowell slightly edit those two issues so we can have a proper send-off (it's what happened to Strikeforce).

Was Natacha Bustos supposed to be the new ongoing artist or was she just filling in until Andrés Genolet returned? We should probably pay attention to the social media of whoever was supposed to do the art of issues #34 on, 'cause if they share anything new, it might indicate the book will keep going.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-21-2020 at 09:42 PM.

Bustos was doing 2 fill ins and Genolet was gonna return for the Molly Krakoa issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    For what it's worth, I do think we will get issues 32 and 33 for no reason other than the fact that we know those two issues are finished. Marvel has nothing to lose by publishing material that's already been finished and paid for, do they?

Was Natacha Bustos supposed to be the new ongoing artist or was she just filling in until Andrés Genolet returned? We should probably pay attention to the social media of whoever was supposed to do the art of issues #34 on, 'cause if they share anything new, it might indicate the book will keep going.
    Seeing that the single issues don't sell well by any metric, I can only imagine we're seeing 32/33 because Marvel intends on getting another TPB worth of material if nothing else. So hopefully this is indicative of getting at least the few solicited Genolet issues after Natacha Bustos. Now Marvel has shown some willingness to collect issues in TPBs that never saw print recently, but I think that's why they're delaying it. Get the issues, and another TPB out in a more stable market.

So THAT's why Anka left the book! He's working on the second Spider-Verse film!
    https://bleedingcool.com/movies/kris...pider-verse-2/

The Marvel website still says issue 32 comes out in February, and with Runaways absent from the remaining 2020 solicitations, I think they're pretty set on that date.

Fair, wouldn't mind the creators saying something about it though. Granted I suppose the book having a return date doesn't really mean she knows when she'll start working on the book again.